Melbourne Business School September 2009 admit

Hi Guys, I have started this thread to get together all the MBS sept 2009 admits. I have already accepted the offer and will be moving there by mid August. Please post your profiles along with your replies. Mine is - 5 years I…

Hi Guys,

I have started this thread to get together all the MBS sept 2009 admits. I have already accepted the offer and will be moving there by mid August.

Please post your profiles along with your replies.

Mine is -

5 years IT/700 GMAT/Good EC

Hi guys!
Thx vineet for starting this thread.
i have accepted -- mbs fall 09.
I am from New Delhi(lets also mention our location)
my profile:
gmat-650
toefl-104
work ex--3 yrs part time
2 yrs full time
as regulatory consultant for top pharma cos.
decent acads and curriculars

Looking forward to learn about reputation of the school and post MBA PR issues.

Any thing I can help u guys with..please ask.

thx & regards
navraj
www.nkconsultant.com / 91-9711197602

Hey guys,
Just gave the GMAT today.Got a dismal 630(M 44,V 33).
Exp - 4.7 Yrs (IT)
Acads - X 89% XII 84% Engg 61%
I am thinking for applying to MBS for Sept 09 intake.Do u think its worth a shot or i need better GMAT score.
Also can u guys shed some light on sample essays as i am a newbie in this area.

Count me in for the Sept intake. Just received my confirmation of enrollment. Will be proceeding the VISA formalities now. What's the status with others? Any one else going for e-VISA?

Hope to meet you all soon!

Cheers,
DG

I will also apply for e-visa.
I just had a question for PR. Is it possible to apply for the PR while being in India itself. I have contacted some consultants in Delhi but no one has given a satisfactory answer yet.

Hi Experts,

I will be giving GMAT in September 09... till that time i ll be gaining 16 months of Experience from MNC IT Mumbai.

I have low scores in academics.. 67% in 10th.. 57% in 12th.. and 6.3 cgpa out of 10 from NIT WARANGAL.(5 years.. something terrible happ in 1st year)

Am i even doing a good thing by thinking of doing MBA from outside... my Target is Australia. Is it possible ?? Firstly, Australian Universities recognize IELTS and TOEFL score.. even if i get above average in that ...

will they consider me looking at my background.

Please reply...

I am not sure how schools will react to 5 year thing but you can certainly convince them in your essay.
MBS ask for atleast 2 years of full time work ex. not sure about others
If you have an estimate of your GMAT score you may look at the schools by their average GMAT.

Guys

Just want to know from you guys what is the reputation of MBS MBA, I am currently working at Singapore and have got PR of austraila.

I am confused about joining MBS, I have low GMAT score 620 (Q49 V 26)

I am thinking of improving it.

I have 7 Years of MNC exp and I am a mechnical enginner.

Please Advice

Regards

Bobby

I am not sure how schools will react to 5 year thing but you can certainly convince them in your essay.
MBS ask for atleast 2 years of full time work ex. not sure about others
If you have an estimate of your GMAT score you may look at the schools by their average GMAT.

Hi Bobby,

Probably the below thread should guide you better -
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-in-australia-melbourne-business-school-25028009

From my own research, MBS enjoy great repute in AUS and has a great quality education. It is the placement which can be seen as a setback with MBS coupled with current economy situations. Rest all the indicaors of good Bschools are there with MBS, be it competative and diverse peer group, good profs, quality adminstrative support, school reputation et al.

Hello guys,

All the people who have accepted the offer to join MBS in Sept 2009, please fill all the details in below spreadsheet -

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pqJOjNcc_jBI3a-9cxVMQOw

This has contact number and e-mail which can be viewed quite personal, so I will keep it open for next 3 days and then I will grant access to those who have updated the sheet.

In case you missed to update you details, send me a mail and I will grant you the access.
my mail : [email protected]

Please note that this can serve us to know each other before landing in AUS.

Thanks,
Vineet