Melbourne Business School Jan 2009 Intake

Hi Guys, i thought of starting this new thread for all the students, who are willing to Join Melbourne Business School, for Jan 2009 Intake. Kindly post your experience, profile and other things of Intrest to everybody. I have submitted my applica…

Hi Guys, i thought of starting this new thread for all the students, who are willing to Join Melbourne Business School, for Jan 2009 Intake. Kindly post your experience, profile and other things of Intrest to everybody. I have submitted my application (6 Weeks Over) and i am awaiting for the results.

My profile is
B.Tech (Honours) NIT-J
Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
GMAT: 80 Percentile, Balanced Score
Work Experience 4 Yrs ( Automation and Projects)
Companies: BALCO (1.2 Yrs) and Reliance Life Sciences (3 Yrs)

I'm in the same boot dude
GMAT: 670
Experience: 6 years IT Services and consulting (international experience in UK, US, Australia, India)
I called up the admissions office and I was told that they could get back to me by July end.

I had applied for sept 08 intake at MBS in april. They moved my appln for the Jan-09 intake. I am expecting a result by July end.
My profile:
GMAT : 700, Comp. Sci. undergrad. with 6 yrs exp. in IT (US and India)

Hello Everyone

I m planning to apply for MBS for the sept 2009 intake..
Can anyone point me to any information related to placements for international students after MBS?

Thanks
Snehashis

not 2 many ppl joinin in d community nor do many seem 2 b interested in d school...wonder why

Hey Guys, got admit into Jan 2009 program. Now I really need to think whether to join it now or defer it to sep.

Got into MBS for the Jan-2009 program. I would be joining.

Great AMD. congrats. Have you started your Visa processing? How are you going to manage your finances. I am trying to collect all the info as far as possible.

Cheers
Vik

Haven't started the visa process yet. Got the confirmation just today. Would be sending the acceptance confirmation in this week. Probably after that they will send me the details on the process for visa.

Will check with the school for aid and loans first. If not, will check in India.

AMD,

I am also an aspirant for MBS....how good are my chances of securing an addmission?

I have work ex of 6+years... 2.5 years in India with Easy Bill, a Hero Group startup company that time, with my role in S/W design and development.
Rest 4.5+ years in Malaysia in S/W desin and Consultancy for Banking and Credit ard industry.

GMAT Score is 680, Maths 50, Verbal 31.
AWA: Result awaited

My accads are average, though I do have a strong extra curricular activities background.

Thanks,
Yogesh

well, you profile looks pretty decent. I would say you have a good chance at MBS provided your essays are strong.

Haven't started the visa process yet. Got the confirmation just today. Would be sending the acceptance confirmation in this week. Probably after that they will send me the details on the process for visa.

Will check with the school for aid and loans first. If not, will check in India.[/qu

Hi There,
I am also interested in applying to this school.
Can you please brief me about how much the total expenses will be in INR terms? How you are going to finanace your studey? have u got any scholarship?
can you work there part-time while studying and what are the placement and job scenario in Australia?
Thanks in advance

HI All,
I am interested in MBS sept2009, can anyone give some pointer when the application starts...the deadline...

Please visit www.mbs.edu for any primary details regarding the application deadlines, fees and process for international students.

Dear MBS Students / Alumni,

I am in the middle of finalizing my CV for MBS. What's your suggestion on the length of the same? I have already compressed it from 4 pages to almost 1 and a half. Is it advisable to shrink it further to 1 page or a 1.5 to 2 pages will do.

Thanks in advance,
Yogesh

I am planning to apply to MBS Sept 09 Intake.

How can i check if i m eligible for PR in Australia?

Any Suggestions/ Advice?

Hey guys,

any news from the school for people who applied late September for the Jan intake? I applied on almost the last day..i.e the deadline.

I have not head from them yet....

Nyways, why is this thread dead? is there no one who has applied to MBS? If yes, please post your profiles.

My Profile:

GMAT: 710
Ex: 5 Years IT with 1 Year entrepreneurial exp(my own venture)...
Acads: Avg, Engineer
EC: Loads to talk about

Hey dewdrop

I have got the admit to the Jan 2009 intake but have deferred it to the Sept 09 intake...

My profile

GMAT 730
IIT KGP
7 yrs IT

Hey dewdrop

I have got the admit to the Jan 2009 intake but have deferred it to the Sept 09 intake...

My profile

GMAT 730
IIT KGP
7 yrs IT

Wow... congrats. You have a good profile my friend... assuming that the missing details are also good. :)

When did you apply? I mean the date.
And when did the school intimate you?