Meeting with Mr. Venkat Reddy this Sunday @ Mumbai - 19th Sept

Hello Junta, As it has been previously discussed, we would be having a meeting with Mr. Venkat Reddy from MVF on Sunday. All yee folks, please try to attend! For once , you may not need to travel much :wink: LOCATION: Asha Kiran Hostel, …

Hello Junta,

As it has been previously discussed, we would be having a meeting with Mr. Venkat Reddy from MVF on Sunday. All yee folks, please try to attend! For once , you may not need to travel much ;)

St. Pius College Complex,
Gate No. 2
Goregaon - East

TIME - 4.00 PM

For all yee folks from the New Mumbai side .. its time you got a feel of the kind of travelling I do every Sunday

Please confirm your attendance on this thread.

PS: No NASEOH next Sunday because of Ganesh Festivites 😃

*BUMP*

MLCS guys, Where art thou!!??

Tabrez, hope u can make it this time!!! Will need directions to get to Goregaon :wink:

*BUMP*

MLCS guys, Where art thou!!??

Tabrez, hope u can make it this time!!! Will need directions to get to Goregaon :wink:

Hi Guys,

Count me in too ........Yeah for once won't have to do too much travelling

Cheers,

Wayne

hey guys! what happ at the meeting?

hello!!! peepz! plz reply!

hope this also dint turn out to be a no show! 😞

hello!!! peepz! plz reply!

hope this also dint turn out to be a no show! :(

Sorry Uday!!! I thought the honorary attendees viz. Wayne & PG would comment!!! Where are u guys... Why hasnt this thread been updated??!!

Actually, only the 2 of them made it... As I was not too well.. 😐 Pls tell us as even I would like to know what happnd!! 😃

Simba

Really Sorry for the late update guys........Had this post ready yesterday but somehow IE chose to generate some errors and the entire post disappeared 😞 (Must really use the Copy to Clipboard function a bit more )......Anywayz have retyped it and here it is

As decided Me and PG met up with Mr.Reddy at 4 P.M at Asha Kiran. After the initial round of introductions, we had some discussions on Pg.Com's Community Service Initiatives in various Cities. We gave him an overview on MLCS's activites at NASEOH and also the future plans at the other cities.

Of course we didn't have to tell him about the activities by the HCS Chapter and believe me he was all Praise for the enormous amounts of time and efforts put in by HCS.

After that he also gave us some literature on MVF and gave us an overview of it's main activities.

In the meanwhile we were also joined by representatives from 2 other NGO's namely Mr.Johnson from YUVA (An NGO working with the Youth) and Mr. Santhosh and Mr. Sandeep from "Balprafulta"(NGO working with Issues relating to Children's Rights). They too gave us an overview of the activities undertaken by their respective organisations.

After this, Mr. Reddy proceeded to brief us on the upcoming International Conference in November. By all accounts it's going to be a really big event. Mr. Reddy informed us that in all likelyhood there will be around 3000 people in attendeance including around 500 representatives from a NGO in Europe. Also likely that Chandrababu Naidu and Arjun Singh would be attending the Conference.

Mr.Reddy informed us that they are trying hard to make this event a success and succeed in spreading the message against Child Labour. By inviting various Like minded groups to be a part of the conference he intends to hold this event along the lines of the recently held WSF(World Social Forum) in India.

Unfortunately he had not carried the literature related to the conference with him to Mumbai. However he has taken down our addresses and contact nos and has promised to send us the complete information on the conference as soon as possible.

As far as how Pgites could help out.Mr. Reddy mentioned that the most importantly we could start by spreading the word of the Conference to as many people we can. He also intends to have another meeting with NGO's in Mumbai before the conference where in he could finalise details on how People from Mumbai could help out.

He also invited us to block our dates and be a part of the conference for which the Invitation Letters would be sent shortly. :)

With that the meeting ended. Was a relatively short meeting and took around an hour and a half or so. :). In short Mr. Reddy was really happy to meet some more Pgites and has been really really impressed with the work done by HCS. Great Going Guys 😃

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne @ Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:14 pm Says
Anywayz have retyped it and here it is Wayne

See, u take all the pains & put in such fantastic posts, U get one Karma point from me!! Soon, U will be close to Nirvana :wink:

Simba

oh kay! gr8! :)

did u guys discuss how u guys can contribute to the IC sitting in mumbai?

oh kay! gr8! :)

did u guys discuss how u guys can contribute to the IC sitting in mumbai?

Did get around to that topic but at the moment apart from spreading the word about the conference there is nothing much in which we could help out on. However as I said, Mr. Reddy is probably looking to have a Pre Conference Meeting in Mumbai sometime next month and we could discuss how the Mumbai folk could help out at the meeting.

Cheers,

Wayne

About spreading the word - how can we do that ? any ideas ?