Meet to introduce University of Chicago GSB

Hola everybody! As a an admit to my favorite school, Uni of Chi GSB, I am all open to talk about it with any one who is interested. I propose a meet in New Delhi around End of July cause that is the time I quit office and I will be going bac…

Hola everybody!

As a an admit to my favorite school, Uni of Chi GSB, I am all open to talk about it with any one who is interested. I propose a meet in New Delhi around End of July cause that is the time I quit office and I will be going back to Chandigarh to spend a week before I leave for US.

So let me know a good place and time and I would be happy to talk about GSB, what differentiates it from other places, the numbers (I know us Desis like to talk in Numbers - GMAT and stuff). I might also pull in a couple of admits from different backgrounds (I am an engineer) and amongst us all we could talk a little about the other schools we were admitted to. This last topic would obviously the last in our priority but time permitting I will do that too..

Cheers and All the Best

do you have an input in writing the essays? i understand that it is important to convey our goals for MBA into words (hence, the essays), but since I am not the strongest writer, I feel this will be my biggest challenge? Any advice how to sharpen/improve my essays?

Hola everybody!

As a an admit to my favorite school, Uni of Chi GSB, I am all open to talk about it with any one who is interested. I propose a meet in New Delhi around End of July cause that is the time I quit office and I will be going back to Chandigarh to spend a week before I leave for US.

So let me know a good place and time and I would be happy to talk about GSB, what differentiates it from other places, the numbers (I know us Desis like to talk in Numbers - GMAT and stuff). I might also pull in a couple of admits from different backgrounds (I am an engineer) and amongst us all we could talk a little about the other schools we were admitted to. This last topic would obviously the last in our priority but time permitting I will do that too..

Cheers and All the Best

Finally I got the threat...I am open to any day..so lets wait for other people and see when they are confortable..

Did you write your own essays or had u used an essay service?

Ravikirant Says
Did you write your own essays or had u used an essay service?

Hi Ravi

I wrote my own essays

Cheers

Hi, First of all heartiest congos to you for the Dream College..and i would like to really thnak you that you took the initiative to share your experience to the fellow puys..luckily it is in delhi (for me)..but if it had been any other place i would have eager to take that since it has been ages been folowing the pg threads of GMAT and got valuble info abut fit n all and many things where you have been posting..this one is one of my dreams as of now.. As u said sir there can be few more..honestly it can be such a wonderful 4 me to see/meet ppl who r going to US schools and had given us oppurtunity to meet .. Boss i am in..i just cant afford to miss it..please keep me informed .. and If few more admit ppl can come it could be highly great..if Som1 from other top schools like Insead (as i saw two ppl from puy getting into and hope u in touch with them also..) and Columbia 😃 ofcourse..it would be the Best combinations around.. Thanks for taking out time from your busy shedule and getting us well - informed about the meet..I Highly a praise for this Thread.. thanks alot Boss.. Abhishek Sharma.. PLZ note:I think u had asked to decide for the venue..m sure watever is nearby ur palce we can plan accordingly.."WHErever in DLEHI SIr".. im from South delhi-say closest to IIT(though not in IIT:)) so i can reach anywhere from here on..

Hi,

Even i would be glad to meet future business leaders.Can we have it between 20th and 26th because i am travelling to Delhi from Pune during that?I would like to take this opprtunity to meet you all puys.

I propose the following schedule

Option 1: 26th Evening (4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) at Barista, G.K. - II or Dilli Haat

Option 2: 27th Afternoon (3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.) at Barista, G.K. - II

Option 3: 28th Evening (8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.) at somewhere G.K.-II or in Gurgaon

Option 4: You tell me, anytime and any date upto 29th July and I will try and make do.

Lemme know atleast a week in advance. We could have a poll if you like.

Cheers

26th July works perfectly fine with me,i am heading back to Pune on 27th afternoon.
My vote is for 26th or before that and any venue is also perfect to me.Gurgaon is ideal because i belong to there.

Kunal,

Gr8 initiative man..can we meet somewhere in Central Delhi around CP..wud be gud as ppl from all around delhi can get thr easily.

Also, regd the nos, i agree that the nos do matter for us :P, as does the profile.

Can you also let us know your profile and score to start off with..so that ppl get to know li'l bit be4 hand.

Cheers
Puneet

Option 1: 26th Evening (4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) at Barista, G.K. - II or Dilli Haat

Option 2: 27th Afternoon (3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.) at Barista, G.K. - II

Option 3: 28th Evening (8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.) at somewhere G.K.-II or in Gurgaon

Option 4: You tell me, anytime and any date upto 29th July and I will try and make do.

Lemme know atleast a week in advance. We could have a poll if you like.

26th..Dilli haat..may come best for me..
27th and 28 th also i would like to join..but if possible sir make it in dlehi..gurgaon would be tough for me..but still if rest of ppl like to then i can even go there..so anyday anytime it happens..please consider me..

and most importanty plz make this thread ACTIVE..and keep pouring..i wish lot it happens actually..

Thnaks,
Waiting for this meet eagerly..

thanks,
kunal..

26th July at Delhi Haat is fine with me but no reply from Kunal scares me?

Are other Delhi admits also like Columbia10admit game for meet and others?

Dont loss hope dude..be positive and expect best to happen..He must be hell busy and excited too..just imagine in that busy shedule he have us a beam of light towards GSB on this very thread..M damn sure things can be improved upon at the right time..tiill i request all guys whoesever want this meet to happen do pour over here their Availiabilty..if lot of enthusiasts r interested might be things can turn up greatly..But is there are not lot of many..then rest assuered atelast il be there waiitng at the venue to see ppl turning up..i wait and go..atleast il get something as remebrance to have started this My Jorney..and ya i like to see you coming up soulin luv may be we can discuss our own aspirations at the venue if nothing happens..i hope ur coming on 26th..

people plz turn up and take the resposibilty to keep this thread Active for the meet..Prescrobe any date hurry JUST 5-6-7 DAYS..huRRY..

First of all guys, stop addressing me as SIR! :P
and it seems 26th is Definitely out for me. So I am ok with 27th afternoon. Let me know guys.

Cheers

P.S. I tried to get you guys the latest brochure from GSB but seems they haven't been printed yet. In any case I have discussed about you all with the GSB AdCom and they will make sure you guys get first preference in bookings, all other things equal, when you want to attend formal receptions later on.

Do keep checking out this link regularly Attend An Event

My 1st preference would be Gurgaon, 28

Kunal thanks a lot man..you rock

i wdve loved to come but i am not in delhi so you guys can count me out :)

awesome effort by kunal though 😃 way to go!

I m fine wid 27th afternoon,can we freeze on this?
Kunal,please confirm.

I m fine wid 27th afternoon,can we freeze on this?
Kunal,please confirm.

Frozen! Time and Place too.

Cheers
Frozen! Time and Place too.

Cheers

Hi Kunal,
27th sunday can it be at/NEAR Saket Citiwalk or PVR saket at after 6pm /or 28th..
Also can u tell me when is taht EVENT organised in delhi and how to go about it,i read the details to this link Full-Time MBA Asia and Australia Admissions Events - University of Chicago Graduate School of Business but couldnt understand how to go about it..
Somwhere it is Mentioned "TBD" 4 delhi and then again event is on 16th oct ..somewhere its confusing..i further thank for the rocking meet..
Also Please tell us your feasible time .

Thanks..