MDI v/s NITIE

Dear all, There are very few days/hrs left before the results of two of the most premier B-Schools in INDIA ll be announced and as expected many students ( hope me too ) ll find themselves standing at cross roads of MDI v/s NITIE. As both t…

Dear all,
There are very few days/hrs left before the results of two of the most premier B-Schools in INDIA ll be announced
and as expected many students ( hope me too ) ll find themselves standing at cross roads of MDI v/s NITIE.
As both these colleges take only CAT scores into consideration while giving out GD-PI Calls, thr are bound to be many overlaps
i have 99.22 %ile and 3 yrs of work-ex and i hope to convert both calls as I/V went fine for both ( equally )
I know MDI stresses more on CAT Score than NITIE , so i m more hopeful with that. The reason to start this thread to have ideas / suggestions and insightful comments form all quarters to help students like me/us make up their mind after knowing all the facts and an informed decision is taken.

this time i stayed at NITIE for 3 days before me I/V and have few very close frnz there and i have many of my colg juniors / batchmates and few seniors at MDI also. So , i m sharing some facts that i have got to know and some opinions that i have built after taking to erudite people

NITIE is for Ops and MDI for Mktg ( by popular perception )
The Diff in Fees is Huge , astronomically huge
Both have a picturesque campus - NITIE more tham MDI if u r a nature Lover
NITIE is only for Engineers , so less on Hotness/Glamor Qoutient ; i cud hardly find Hot Chicks/Babes there but thats ok
Diversity wise also MDI scores over NITIE
Placements are not an issue for both - NITIE due to its location , reputation & Small Batch size while MDI scores over its Cosmopolitan env and its Repo to be amongst top 10 thru out

I req every1 in the same boat as me to contribute with facts. Pls don resport to Mud-Slinging....

Guys pls don just poll and leave
pls pitch in ur thots
even if u don hav stats , its fine
just write what u feel like .... what u gut feeling says ? why ll u choose any over the other ??

Comparing B schools on Pagalguy is not permitted.I request the Mods to close this thread.

Note to Mods: Request you to close this thread.

Can we make this MDIvsNITIEvsIMT G ? IMT G is also in the same league as the two other colleges.

regards,
subhadip.

Comparing B schools on Pagalguy is not permitted.I request the Mods to close this thread.

If comparing bschools is not allowed in pg then why does pg gives rankings to bschools?

regards,
subhadip.

comparing Bschools is not allowed on the forum and for a reason, cause more often then not it ends up becoming a dirty fight...so i really dont know how long this thread will last :)

when it comes to comparing Bschools its not all in black and white...there is a lot of grey...you will never have a winner as it is totally based on ones perception...so its best if you try and move the discussion from a forum thread to a more personal level by PMing people on PG or calling up friends who are better informed...

by the way...there was a similar thread started long back which did survive...you may want to read it once...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-vs-nitie-help-me-out-25014645

A thread to compare two colleges!!!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but its not allowed on PG!

Dude we are not comparing B-Schools here
we are just finding like minded ppl and trying to find how they think ? its basically discussion on thots
and PG Rankings are also comparison only
so stop Moral Policing just coz u have PG MAD Capz ON....
MODs , its an honest intent to search for solution to this predicament. anyways discussion like this goes on in every thread.... the onyl thing i have done is give direction and one place to it.
who doesnt compare one IIM with another ? GL with ISB ? Blah with Blah Blah ....
on a serious note.... this is essential for all of us !!
IMT G is also in the same league as the two other colleges.

regards,
subhadip.

Wake up dude!

Hmm.. i too surprised to see a thread like this.. but i am also of the opinion that PMing and Calling a senior would help you most rather than discussing on forum.. which results in mud-slinging after a bit of time.

If comparing bschools is not allowed in pg then why does pg gives rankings to bschools?

regards,
subhadip.

i may be wrong, but the reason you have those rankings is that people dont start thread to compare individual Bschools...being a perception based survey it tells you how many people prefer a particular bschool over the others 😃
Can we make this MDIvsNITIEvsIMT G ? IMT G is also in the same league as the two other colleges.

regards,
subhadip.

goin by ur CAT Score , u shud have got calls from MDI & NITIE also
pls fill in whr i m missing the picture ?
and to be frank , i think IMT Gzb is li'l below both of them
thr cant be a single student in IMT G who wud have left NITIE or MDI....
I met few guys in NITIE who had left MDI & even XL and they were very happy and i personally know 2-3 doodes who even left IIM S and IIM K for MDI....
Dude we are not comparing B-Schools here
we are just finding like minded ppl and trying to find how they think ? its basically discussion on thots
and PG Rankings are also comparison only
so stop Moral Policing just coz u have PG MAD Capz ON....
MODs , its an honest intent to search for solution to this predicament. anyways discussion like this goes on in every thread.... the onyl thing i have done is give direction and one place to it.
who doesnt compare one IIM with another ? GL with ISB ? Blah with Blah Blah ....
on a serious note.... this is essential for all of us !!

I understand the anxiety in deciding between 2 colleges.However this is not really moral policing.Its a basic policy on which this forum works.PG believes for colleges to speak for themselves and any sort of comparison is unwarranted for.

I would also like to quote the post right below yours which incidentally isnt too nice to read.Threads like these tend to boil into 1 on 1 fights over which college is better.These discussions can be moved over to PM or messengers.Kindly refrain from comparing B schools on PG henceforth.
congo233 Says
Wake up dude!

goin by ur CAT Score , u shud have got calls from MDI & NITIE also
pls fill in whr i m missing the picture ?
and to be frank , i think IMT Gzb is li'l below both of them
thr cant be a single student in IMT G who wud have left NITIE or MDI....
I met few guys in NITIE who had left MDI & even XL and they were very happy and i personally know 2-3 doodes who even left IIM S and IIM K for MDI....

Precisely the reasons why comparison is not allowed on PG. It'll just lead to a mud slinging match and spammers will be too happy.

Also would suggest you to be a bit more respectful to seniors(CS) and other puys(RRV).

Cheers :thumbsup:
I understand the anxiety in deciding between 2 colleges.However this is not really moral policing.Its a basic policy on which this forum works.PG believes for colleges to speak for themselves and any sort of comparison is unwarranted for.

I would also like to quote the post right below yours which incidentally isnt too nice to read.Threads like these tend to boil into 1 on 1 fights over which college is better.These discussions can be moved over to PM or messengers.Kindly refrain from comparing B schools on PG henceforth.

again i ll mention , we are nt comparing B-Schools at all
and i m surprised why the Guy from NITIE Mumbai is against it
i m just trying to connect with ppl who have the same dilemma as me ... how is this against PG Rules ? if thrz som mud slinging , we can always snip the post....
but jus coz of som idiots , u want us not to scout for help in this sacred forum
i have a lot of respect for PG and i have seen how so many ppl have built their perception / mind only after goin thru specific threads. So , if u pls don come in our way , we can get on with business.
Guys , nice 2 see ppl polling but not many views have come.
personally i intend to join MDI even though its costly coz its in NCR and offers more global exposure than NITIE. But on some levels , i ll say , i ll be happier if i don convert one out of the two. But hell ll break loose if both reject me....
i met some champs at NITIE - IITians / DCE / NSIT / NIT students with more than 3-4 yrs of work ex and they were so happy and content with LIFE @ NITIE
some even had time to prepare for IAS.... but i have heard all that isnt possible in MDI as the academic rigor is more pronounced !!

I am really tired of reading this this retort all the time, 'Comparing B schools on Pagalguy is not permitted'.
Pray, why not?
What is wrong about comparing B Schools - why is it such a big deal?
Unless someone resorts to mud-slinging, which of course would not be acceptable, there is absolutely nothing wrong in comparing B schools.

Don't ppl compare B - schools with others before making a choice?
So what if they are doing that on PG thread?
PG can have rules to regulate comparisons, but to not allow that is utterly preposterous, to say the least

go for MDI dude....

1)u have investment banks coming in there...
2) It is famous for marketing...u wont get it in IMT, or NITIE
3) Anyday Mark is better then OPs if you can get a break with Mark
4) Operations.. sufficient companies come for ops also at MDI also even if you want to go for ops.
5) NITIE i heard is very easy going for 2 years, very relaxing...
MDI will grill you and will be a thoroughly not so peaceful(fun and lot of activities) to be.....:):)
rest is ur call

just an independent view...i dont belong to MDI, NITIE, OR IMT

go for MDI dude....

1)u have investment banks coming in there...
2) It is famous for marketing...u wont get it in IMT, or NITIE
3) Anyday Mark is better then OPs if you can get a break with Mark
4) Operations.. sufficient companies come for ops also at MDI also even if you want to go for ops.
5) NITIE i heard is very easy going for 2 years, very relaxing...
MDI will grill you and will be a thoroughly not so peaceful(fun and lot of activities) to be.....:):)
rest is ur call

just an independent view...i dont belong to MDI, NITIE, OR IMT

Thnx MohitCool .... this thread was specifically looking for Puys like u who can give structured thots
now tell me any MADCAPZ....... who wudnt want to benefit from this wisdom that Mohit has shared.... this ll definitely lead many of us to research more on this bullet points and then eventually THANK PG for helping us take a decision with which we can be content !!

I for one disagree.

I understand the reason behind banning comparision of BSchool in public forum as it gets dirty, but on ther hand, if done well, it can be highly benificial for the aspirants.

A logical and reasoned analysis of both the schools is what most aspirants. Its the other thing that people (sometimes seniors included) get into mudslinging.

We can take cue from the below thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-vs-nitie-help-me-out-25014645

Looking forward to such mature and balamced opinions