MDI PGPM GD/PI experiences 2007

MDI GD/PI process begins on 12th. I am starting this thread so that v can jot down our GD/PI experiences…it will help everyone,n also the future MDI aspirants… i knw there is a GD/PI thread going on,but its more bout the results n the ass…

MDI GD/PI process begins on 12th.
I am starting this thread so that v can jot down our GD/PI experiences..it will help
everyone,n also the future MDI aspirants..
i knw there is a GD/PI thread going on,but its more bout the results n the associated discussion.it will be better if v have a seperate thread for the experiences!

please mention the following:

background.
date and venue of ur gd/pi
gd topic.
pi (transcript if possible)
any miscellaneous info that u may want to share..

all the best to all!!!!

All the Best Puys !!!!

It would be very helpful if everyone also mentions which other calls they have...
We have a poll but it doesnt seem to indicate a lot...

Thanx

All the Best Puys !!!!

It would be very helpful if everyone also mentions which other calls they have...
We have a poll but it doesnt seem to indicate a lot...

Thanx

agreed.
puys please also mention what calls u have,converted/rejected/result awaited everything while posting ur gd/pi experience.

does mdi hv "group task"?? i heard it sumwhr.. sumbody pls confirm..

sonal86 Says
does mdi hv "group task"?? i heard it sumwhr.. sumbody pls confirm..

Yeah.. for PGHR course - you generally have a group task. For PGPM its a group discussion - based on some newspaper clipping!

does mdi have a pschyometric test for pgpm?? also i have heard mdi gd's to be most fish market kind of thing and pi's to be most stressful(some ppl told its like ragging).. is it true seniors??
and also in a fish market gd wat to do u sugggest, being a part of fish market and making max points(say 5 to 6) or not being a part of fish market and making less points(say 1 or 2).. by points i mean gud points..
and last query.. i have 2 girls in my grp.. havin girls in ur grp is most of the times a disadvantage as u have to let them speak and not cut them.. but in my case i know both the girls in my grp are very gud speakers and make gud points.. if i don't dare cut them then i am gone..
seniors plz help me.. sorry for so many queries..

Thanks,
Vishal

does mdi have a pschyometric test for pgpm?? also i have heard mdi gd's to be most fish market kind of thing and pi's to be most stressful(some ppl told its like ragging).. is it true seniors??
and also in a fish market gd wat to do u sugggest, being a part of fish market and making max points(say 5 to 6) or not being a part of fish market and making less points(say 1 or 2).. by points i mean gud points..
and last query.. i have 2 girls in my grp.. havin girls in ur grp is most of the times a disadvantage as u have to let them speak and not cut them.. but in my case i know both the girls in my grp are very gud speakers and make gud points.. if i don't dare cut them then i am gone..

Thanks,
Vishal

yes there is a psychometric test.
cant say anything bout the other queries..
n by the way who told u not to cut girls n give them pity speaking time?
i think its better u just perform the same way,girls or no girls..treat them as just participants in the discussion..

Thanks,
Vishal

Fish Markets??
Well, its on you people where you take it.
And hey, you got some good point, Just say it! Whosoever it is..and Interviews? Stress! You bet they are!
So just hole on to your nerves boy! Cause it's gonna be one of an experience!
Nevertheless, Come what may! DO NOT LOSE your COOL

All the best all of you. Those of you who have your GD/PI in Gurgaon, we people will be here only so will help out you people as much we can!
and do enjoy the Coffee!
yes there is a psychometric test.
cant say anything bout the other queries..
n by the way who told u not to cut girls n give them pity speaking time?
i think its better u just perform the same way,girls or no girls..treat them as just participants in the discussion..

hey thnx.. can u gimme details of tht psycho test..

the girls there hav been selected against the same criteria as you hav. they will, if they get selected, be doing the same course as you will. they will join the same work force.

i think the best thing is for you to consider everyone as equal candidates, equally likely to have good points. whtever your strategy for cutting ppl, base it on individual personalities rahter than gender. or you'll get too wrapped up in self imposed rules and may not be able to perform to your true potential.

hey thnx a lot for ur inputs seniors.. my points reg cutting girls was just based on the widely held perception.. didn't mean to hurt anyone or a gender.. sorry if i did..
guys plz gimme details abt tht psycho test...

p.s. sorry for askin so many ques, it seems i am only one askin them.. waise i have my gd pi in mumbai, mar 20, 9:30 am

One of my friend told me that MDI intrvws have q's based on Maths??
:neutral:
Seniors kindly Confirm..!
If this is true.. then wat does it mean by maths based q's?
Do they give logic based puzzles?
or some hardcore basics like divisibility tests etc??

One basic doubt (m sorry if it has already been covered) ny idea abt the weightage for the CAT score n the GD PI at MDI..?

- Sandy
hmmm.. finally the first post..

I have heard that the panel in MDI does not know about ur CAT score to be impartial.
infact the form which we will be filling does not ask for CAT score either.
Is it true????????????
and could any senior please tell some details for PGPM process like what we know right now is
1 GDs based on newspaper clipping of recent events may be of that day only
2 Interviews focussed on ur Acads/Work Ex and also GK (may be stress interviews)
3 Psychometric Test ??????????????????????
seniors plz comment

guys plz gimme details abt tht psycho test...

psycho test is a test which has a lot of questions to be answered in a limited time.it is a test that checks ur consistency.as far as i knw,at mdi,the questions are multiple choice.u would have similar questions asked many times to c if u answer them consistently or not.
eg.one question may check whether u r patient or not.there might be another question that checks the same thing in a different way.so make sure u answer the same thing in both the questions..
also the answers u mark should be consistent with wat u project urself in the pi..they might cross question u for ur answers in the pi..
hope its clear..
One of my friend told me that MDI intrvws have q's based on Maths??
:neutral:
Seniors kindly Confirm..!
If this is true.. then wat does it mean by maths based q's?
Do they give logic based puzzles?
or some hardcore basics like divisibility tests etc??

One basic doubt (m sorry if it has already been covered) ny idea abt the weightage for the CAT score n the GD PI at MDI..?

- Sandy
hmmm.. finally the first post..

well maths questions cud be your 12 th class diff equations , matrices or engg level maths if ure engg , one of my friends was asked this in some other interview , hope it helps

Hi, Can anyone please let me know about PGPIM GD/PI process. Is it going to be same as PGPM or is it going to be different. Please help me out. I have my interview on 14th March

ankur_cogni Says
Hi, Can anyone please let me know about PGPIM GD/PI process. Is it going to be same as PGPM or is it going to be different. Please help me out. I have my interview on 14th March

u may want to post here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-pgp-im07-call-getters-25020922

this is for the benefit of all those who havent gone through the previous years' gd/pi experiences thread..here r the links:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-gd-pi-queries-and-experiences-2006-25013282
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-gd-pi-experience-2005-post-here-25006384

Hi all,

Can some seniors please give some details or their own experiences of the MDI GD/PI process from last year?

It would be really good as the interviews are starting on the 12th and i have mine on 12th at 2 PM:)

EDIT: Sorry, thank you bombardier for taking care of the request