MDI pgpim 2011

Hi Everyone, CAT is approaching. Hope all preparations are in full flow. You all must be in the process of deciding which colleges and courses to apply for. This thread will provide you with all the information you need for MDI Gurgaon’s …

Hi Everyone,

CAT is approaching. Hope all preparations are in full flow.
You all must be in the process of deciding which colleges and courses to apply for.
This thread will provide you with all the information you need for MDI Gurgaon's PGPIM ( Post graduate program in International Management ) programme.
So just go ahead and ask whatever queries or doubts you have about the program and we would be more than glad to answer them.

Hi Everyone,

CAT is approaching. Hope all preparations are in full flow.
You all must be in the process of deciding which colleges and courses to apply for.
This thread will provide you with all the information you need for MDI Gurgaon's PGPIM ( Post graduate program in International Management ) programme.
So just go ahead and ask whatever queries or doubts you have about the program and we would be more than glad to answer them.

hi,
just wanna ask dat i m confused between pgpm and pgpim,though i will fill both in d form but how 2 giv priority 4 1 course over oder and how is pgpim better dan oder in d country??(plz giv a brief look on placemnts also)??
thanx 4 such an initiative......

The priority that I submitted in the application is final and binding or not?
Also what if one gets the required cutoff for a course not in the 1st preference,will he receive a call ?
Thanks

PGPIM is a General Management Course in which you spend your 2nd year (Feb-Dec) in one of the Europe campuses of ESCP. Its a course that prepares managers capable of working in a cross cultural scenario with a global mindset. It gives you the opportunity to intern in Europe in one of the best companies worldwide and provides an opportunity for employment in Europe as well. Adding to it the MEB degree u get from ESCP.
So if you have that kind of mindset u should go for PGPIM as your first choice. If you are intersted in the traditional MBA then go for PGPM.
As far as the placements in India are concerned, MDI does not differentiate in any sense between PGPM and IM.
But it has to be your call at the end of the day.

The choices are fixed and binding. No changes are entertained later.

hw many seats r dre in pgp-im?.. any quota? n last years cat cut off?/ plzz help

sanmoy88 Says
hw many seats r dre in pgp-im?.. any quota? n last years cat cut off?/ plzz help

30 is the intake for IM..There is no quota of any sort in any program offered by MDI..
Last year cutoff for all 3 programs is 96.91..70 sectionals

Also what if one gets the required cutoff for a course not in the 1st preference,will he receive a call for that course?

theairbender Says
Also what if one gets the required cutoff for a course not in the 1st preference,will he receive a call for that course?

Last year for all the three courses the Cut Off has been 96.91. The final list of selected canditates was made based on the Preference you have given in the application form.
PGPIM is a General Management Course in which you spend your 2nd year (Feb-Dec) in one of the Europe campuses of ESCP. Its a course that prepares managers capable of working in a cross cultural scenario with a global mindset. It gives you the opportunity to intern in Europe in one of the best companies worldwide and provides an opportunity for employment in Europe as well. Adding to it the MEB degree u get from ESCP.
So if you have that kind of mindset u should go for PGPIM as your first choice. If you are intersted in the traditional MBA then go for PGPM.
As far as the placements in India are concerned, MDI does not differentiate in any sense between PGPM and IM.
But it has to be your call at the end of the day.

The choices are fixed and binding. No changes are entertained later.

what are the job profiles that are offered to students of PGPIM?

is it the same as the PGP programme.......??
what are the job profiles that are offered to students of PGPIM?

is it the same as the PGP programme.......??

Students from PGPIM get the same job profiles that the PGPM guys get.
MDI does not allow differential Placements

is the fees of PGPIM higher than PGPM?

abhadani Says
is the fees of PGPIM higher than PGPM?

Yes. Since the course has got international component fees is higher

Firstly Thanks for your time.....

I got 3 questions

1. Do we get to choose the ESCP campus we wish to go to . I heard the Paris campus is the best.

2. What was the min percentile that got into PGIM last year.

3. Were there any consulting and strategy related profiles offered in PGIM ?

Thanks...

Firstly Thanks for your time.....

I got 3 questions

1. Do we get to choose the ESCP campus we wish to go to . I heard the Paris campus is the best.

2. What was the min percentile that got into PGIM last year.

3. Were there any consulting and strategy related profiles offered in PGIM ?

Thanks...

1) we dont get to choose the ESCP campus. On the other hand i dont see any difference in the campus that you get to study. each campus has got its own advantage and disadvantages.

2) The percentiles varied from 97.6 to 99.66

3) well many PGPIM students got profiles related to consulting.
sumore2020 Says
Yes. Since the course has got international component fees is higher

wt is the total fees?
abhadani Says
wt is the total fees?

The total fees this year is 14.XX lacs. Apart from this housing and food abroad has to be managed by the student. The good part is that u can look forward to intern for 4-6 months atleast in some of the best companies worldwide to cover the living expenses there.
anuj86 Says
The total fees this year is 14.XX lacs. Apart from this housing and food abroad has to be managed by the student. The good part is that u can look forward to intern for 4-6 months atleast in some of the best companies worldwide to cover the living expenses there.

I understand that the fees for the first year is 14.xx lakhs as u stated.
but it would be really helpful if you could clear the air a bit regarding the total expenses incurred in the form of an example.
What all does it include? is it the tuition fee for both the years and does this also include the stay for the first year at the Gurgaon campus??
what about the expenses that we incur during our second year (study)?
How many students actually manage to cover their living expenses abroad and to what extent

I understand that here cannot be a fixed amount but still, there can be some maximum and minimum amount to give me a vague idea.

It would be helpful for me to decide in filling the preference.

Thanks in anticipation. 😃

Hi,

For PGPIM, do the placements consist of international offers, in firms based out of India?

Regards,
Divya.

I understand that the fees for the first year is 14.xx lakhs as u stated.
but it would be really helpful if you could clear the air a bit regarding the total expenses incurred in the form of an example.
What all does it include? is it the tuition fee for both the years and does this also include the stay for the first year at the Gurgaon campus??
what about the expenses that we incur during our second year (study)?
How many students actually manage to cover their living expenses abroad and to what extent

I understand that here cannot be a fixed amount but still, there can be some maximum and minimum amount to give me a vague idea.

It would be helpful for me to decide in filling the preference.

Thanks in anticipation. :)

The fees includes Tuition Expenses for both 1st and 2nd year. It also includes housing and food till Feb i.e. MDI leg of the course...just like PGPM..beyond that you can estimate approx 800 Euros (Higher side..avg is 600-700 Euros) expense per month....and from July-Sept you can expect an internship that more than adequately covers your living expense there (by that I assume you can afford a gud lifestyle)....and plus the opportunity to work abroad permanently...