MDI Gurgaon 2009-11 Admissions

************************************************************* Please continue here for the 2010-12 MDI Gurgaon Admissions http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/44500-mdi-admission-2010-12-notification.html **********…

Please continue here for the 2010-12 MDI Gurgaon Admissions

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mdi-gurgaon-admission-2010-12-notification-out-25044500

Hello Everyone,

Since the notification for CAT 2008 is out for a while now, MDI should be out with their admission forms soon too. Please feel free to clarify queries about the programs at MDI Gurgaon (PGPM, PGPIM, PGPHRM ) on this thread. We'll reply to your queries as soon as we can.

Best of luck to everyone with CAT!

Cheers,
Abhishek

hey abhishek!
MDI is one of my first choices actually for the 09-11 PGPM.
i just had one query. besides extra curriculars in college and outside. i represented India at the Asian Games in 2002. now this was when i was in school but will it have any wieghtage?(if i make the shortlist )
thanks man

hey abhishek!
MDI is one of my first choices actually for the 09-11 PGPM.
i just had one query. besides extra curriculars in college and outside. i represented India at the Asian Games in 2002. now this was when i was in school but will it have any wieghtage?(if i make the shortlist )
thanks man

Hi,

It should definitely have an impact. Especially since it is an international level sports representation :)

Mind though, that this is strictly the opinion of a student of MDI.

Beast of luck getting here - you'll find tons of reasons to exercise your talent!

Abhi,
wont it make sense, if we lock this thread now and open it as soon as the notification is out..

Reason : there might be some changes which might get diluted...

Sorry for the delay in replying, we only got finished with midterms today :)

Well,I agree, this would be better after the forms were actually out - But what we were looking at was helping students clear doubts they may have before considering applying to MDI.

Also, we thought we could dispense with generic queries right now and leave the more specific queries for later.

Hope this isn't a problem.

Cheers!

hey guys.sorry if my post was not in sync with what this thread was for.ill refrain from posting such queries in the future.

Hey nice initiative abhi!

Well mod the forms are gonna be out soon. As the boards metioning sale of forms have been repainted.! So, by next week maybe the forms are gonna hit the floor.

So, i think its high time the aspirants start shooting their queries.

We all would be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers!!

@seniors
does MDI look at sectional cut offs individually?like minimum in each section say 85 %tile or 90 %tile or so?
also for work ex junta say around 3 yrs at what %tile did they give calls?
how much weightage is given to CAT score?pls elaborate :)
Thanks!

Hey buddy!

Yes MDI does consider the sectional cut-offs. Last year they were 80 a piece for the 3 sections. candidates with 97.5+ %ile were called for interviews for PGPM.

No relaxation is given to work-ex junta in terms of cut-off. It remains the same for everyone. But yes, your work-ex counts a lot during your interivews. Can't comment on how much is the weightage of work-ex but yes it is considerable.

As according to the dean's interview here on PG about 3/4 th of the weightage is given to CAT scores.

Hope it helps!!

hey,
nice initiative..thx guys:-o.

Could you throw some light on the PGP-IM programme? It would be helpful if you could give some idea abt the present batchsize, min. CAT %ile required,etc.

@ragingbull & other PGP-IM enthusiasts.

PGP-IM is a new initiative with its 3rd batch running right now(2008-20100. The course was primarily outlined by the former director Dr. Pritam Singh, a known visionary. The course focuses on Regular managment alongwith a global exposure so that the candidate has a hands on experience in the global foray.

You are here in India till Feb & after that you move to wither ESCP-EAP's Paris or London campus. There you can go for an extended internship lasting till 6 months.

As for the batch size its usually 35+/- (2). The CAT percentile required has been always increasing. Last to last year it was close to 90. Last year it was 94. This year it is 97(have to confirm but i guess it's the lowest).

So, gear up all & bell the CAT.!

ATB. Cheers!!

P.S. For more info you can check my blog. It has an article on PGP-IM copied from a senior. So, all credits to him!!

@seniors
does MDI look at sectional cut offs individually?like minimum in each section say 85 %tile or 90 %tile or so?
also for work ex junta say around 3 yrs at what %tile did they give calls?
how much weightage is given to CAT score?pls elaborate :)
Thanks!

As Varun mentioned, the weightage given to CAT is considerable here. The administration feels the CAT is a very well structured test, and hence a good score there is a big plus for the process at MDI :)

Considering the work ex question - Across India, there is a marked shift across top b-schools for taking in students with work-ex. - a trend that indicates that they are moving towards a more global outlook. Hence, our belief is work ex only continues to grow more significant. But we also have a healthy percentage of freshers here, so no real cause for worry.
@ragingbull & other PGP-IM enthusiasts.

PGP-IM is a new initiative with its 3rd batch running right now(2008-20100. The course was primarily outlined by the former director Dr. Pritam Singh, a known visionary. The course focuses on Regular managment alongwith a global exposure so that the candidate has a hands on experience in the global foray.

You are here in India till Feb & after that you move to wither ESCP-EAP's Paris or London campus. There you can go for an extended internship lasting till 6 months.

As for the batch size its usually 35+/- (2). The CAT percentile required has been always increasing. Last to last year it was close to 90. Last year it was 94. This year it is 97(have to confirm but i guess it's the lowest).

So, gear up all & bell the CAT.!

ATB. Cheers!!

P.S. For more info you can check my blog. It has an article on PGP-IM copied from a senior. So, all credits to him!!

To add to this, there are instances this year of people dropping the PGPM programme for PGP-IM. My roommate here is a PGP-IM student, so their schedule is something I am familiar with. Their study schedule is a little more hectic than ours, and with the exchange students already on campus from ESCP-EAP,there is a lot of interaction between the two groups.

Hello,

I have one small query...I have an inclination towards the HR courses.....can u please tell me what were the cut offs for HR courses at MDI in 2007????

it was around 94-95 last year

hey,
nice initiative..thx guys:-o.

Could you throw some light on the PGP-IM programme? It would be helpful if you could give some idea abt the present batchsize, min. CAT %ile required,etc.

thanks abhishek and varun...
wud like to take on the PGP-IM queries from here on being a part of this course and an extensive researcher on the same when I was in the place you guys are now...

the batch size of the course like all other MDI batches is around 60 out of which around 35 guys are selected through CAT and around 25 come mostly from europe as exchange students and are students of MDI under the PGPIM programme so they are as much the part of batch.

As for the cutoff as rightly mentioned by varun has been continuosly on the rise especially as the visibility of the course has grown over these three years, as for this year we have the highest percentile as around 99.6 and lowest around 97.3 and the class percentile averages around 98.5...
I have no doubt that coming year PGPIM will have definitely higher cutoffs primarily because of the USP of the course and very limited number of seats on offer.
So if ur looking upto this course as an option make sure u blast the 99 threshold... :2gunfire:
Hello Everyone,

Since the notification for CAT 2008 is out for a while now, MDI should be out with their admission forms soon too. Please feel free to clarify queries about the programs at MDI Gurgaon (PGPM, PGPIM, PGPHRM ) on this thread. We'll reply to your queries as soon as we can.

Best of luck to everyone with CAT!

Cheers,
Abhishek

Great to see you around Abhi.

Hope MDI is a rocking place and would love to be your junior man.
Now my doubt is what can be the approximate Percentile i should have to make it to MDI?
Also what is the average packages offered by the companies??
Just wanted your advice my friend 😃

Hey Guys... The notification is out. Forms will be available from 18th August and it would cost you Rs. 1600 per form.

Cheers

Hey Guys... The notification is out. Forms will be available from 18th August and it would cost you Rs. 1600 per form.

Cheers

dude can u post the link where we can find the notification?
i dont find it on the MDI site :|
has it come on TOI edition?