MDI GD/PI Experience 2005 Post here....

Post GD/PI Experiences on this thread… All the Best for the same… Regards, Raj.

Post GD/PI Experiences on this thread...

All the Best for the same..

Regards,
Raj.

hi mandevians

as u all must be knowing gd/pi process has started today at mdi, gurgaon
so plz see if u can get any information regarding what kind of gds(case studies, newspaper clippings or something else) are being conducted

also any info regarding intervioew would b most welcome

We were quite busy the whole day in various activities (and were not at interview location) - due to our tight schedule today...

We'll update u all as soon as we come across any information!!

All The Best

Prateek

Just located the GD PI experience @ MDI thread of previous years!!

http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=729

Hope it helps

Prateek

Just came to know whats happening in GD/PI for PGPM this year -->

GDs are once again based on newspaper clippings - which can be from anywhere - related to any topic & can be as latest as from the newspapaer of the same day!!!!

Interviews - cant say anything coz it depends on how u lead them (if u can) and who is taking ur interview!!! one person i know (he is a member of PG as well) was grilled on his trekking experiences & then on philosophical things!!!

So chill & be calm & composed!!!

All The Best

Prateek

P.S. -

1. If anyone if for Gurgaon center & wants to meet any of us (PG members) - do send us a pm & ask for our contact no. - we'll try to meet u b4 or after ur interviews!!!

2. I have posted the same post in another thread related to MDI queries also!!

Just adding on to what Prateek said...

The newspaper clipping can vary in terms of subject and backgrounds... which means that a group of engineers can get a clipping from the economic times (a commerce-based article), while a commerce gang may get clippings from a more technical article. This enables a level-playing field, because all of them will more or less be equally "aware" of the article :)

Also, the article will generally be quite recent (As recent as the same morning !!!)

So, all the best ! And hope to meet some of you !

Samit.

Hi all,

Nice to see u all guys at MDI helping asap. From replies I got that clippings can be from any paper i..e TOI or ET etc. But can u lets us know what section exactly they are more concentrating on i.e. like editorials, some dedicated sections or supplements.... Also generally how long is the material in the clipping to read on....

Regards
Mohit

Hey guys..thx for the help..

sammysosa Says
which means that a group of engineers can get a clipping from the economic times (a commerce-based article), while a commerce gang may get clippings from a more technical article.

Does this mean that the GD groups are made as per your educational bkgrd... like all engg. in a grp or comm. grads ..like that..
let me know if such is a trend followed at MDI?

Thanks
Just came to know whats happening in GD/PI for PGPM this year -->

GDs are once again based on newspaper clippings - which can be from anywhere - related to any topic & can be as latest as from the newspapaer of the same day!!!!

Interviews - cant say anything coz it depends on how u lead them (if u can) and who is taking ur interview!!! one person i know (he is a member of PG as well) was grilled on his trekking experiences & then on philosophical things!!!

So chill & be calm & composed!!!

All The Best

Prateek

P.S. -

1. If anyone if for Gurgaon center & wants to meet any of us (PG members) - do send us a pm & ask for our contact no. - we'll try to meet u b4 or after ur interviews!!!

2. I have posted the same post in another thread related to MDI queries also!!

any idea regarding the lengths of interview.......

5 mins
10 mins or 20 minis????

Yes the GD groups are formed (to the extent possible) in a fashion that all people are of same background etc. (although when i appeared for GD - 13 others were engineers & i was the only CA)!!!

Regarding length of interview - nothing can be said as it varies from person to person!!! but on an average i guess its 10 mins!!!

Prateek

Yes the GD groups are formed (to the extent possible) in a fashion that all people are of same background etc. (although when i appeared for GD - 13 others were engineers & i was the only CA)!!!

Regarding length of interview - nothing can be said as it varies from person to person!!! but on an average i guess its 10 mins!!!

Prateek

totally 14 pplin the gd?????????

hey prateek if you could share ur gd/pi experience with us it would be of great help

Hi people,
Had my GD/PI yesterday at gurgaon..GD batch: 1.55pm
Reporting time: 1.30pm
we were asked for our CAT admit cards...nothin else was seen...
before the GD began 2 MDI students talked to us...cooling our nerves...guess prateek u were one of them....
GD topic: a newspaper clipping from 'the dawn' which said something about a sikh play being staged in london which showed rape and murder scenes inside a sikh temple...caused a furore amongst the sikhs..lead to some minor riots but the authorities did nothin to curb the situation in hope for sikh votes...
well plenty to discuss politicians religious sentiments freedom of expression censor board viewer discretion...blah blah blah...we were 9 of us...everyone contributed...i would rate the group very highly...no fishmarket...one minute at the end for summary...5 mins to write the summary as well
For the Pi...well i was the 8th one to be interviewed(!!!!!!!!)...it was a long wait....the interviews on an average were 20-25 mins long, much longer than what i had expected...
in our group of 9 we were 2 people from Business studies...rest being engineers...2 ppl had a 97+%ile...rest all with 99+...some IIM calls also amongst us...2 females including me..saurabh mundhra another PGite was also there inthe group...
Heres my interview...
2 panelists...didnt inroduce themselves so dont know abt them....
1. It must have been a long wait...
2. Why MBA..
3.Questioning on my answer....said u shud have applied for HR as well..
4. Placements in my college...were they gud?
5. Why did u not sit for them?
6. How many ppl like u dont sit for them? Reasons for the same?
7. Somehting in u u wud want to change?
8. Important qualities of a business leader
9. When was Euro adopted?
10. WHich prominent european country did not adopt euro?why?
11. Value of rupee vis-a-vis dollar, pound,euro?what is purchasing power parity(didnt have a clue to this )
12. SOme company u wud want to wrk for in the futue
13. Indias current value of forex reserves? are u sure?
14. Any questons for us?

thts all i can remeber...before my PI the general feed back was tht they r grilling u basically on the y mba thing....no acads to most except 1 or 2 ....general economic questions...no strss...cool affair..
in case i remeber something wud post..
till then all the best..
Garima.

Awesome post garima :thumbsup:

Hi people,
Had my GD/PI yesterday at gurgaon..GD batch: 1.55pm
Reporting time: 1.30pm
...we were 9 of us...everyone contributed...i would rate the group very highly...no fishmarket...one minute at the end for summary...5 mins to write the summary as well

Garima.

Lucky,Lucky you,eh?

Cheers,
Kartik.

http://jpn.cec.eu.int/union/showpage_en_union.emu.step.php

Some info ..me not applied for MDI but still - interesting to read the posts

By the way - the prominent country which did not adopt it is Sweden isnt it?

Hi all!!
had my GD-PI at gurgaon, 1:55 batch (same as garima's).
since she has already discussed our GD experience at length, i wont go there.
my PI went on 4 30-35 mins. pretty cool affair apart frm the fact it wasnt that cool 4 me.
-strtd off with comparing 2 courses at our college since the girl b4 me was frm the other course. so, 4 5 odd mins, it was BBS vs. BFIA.
-which recruiting cos. come 2 our college n y wud they prefer a BBS graduate over a BFIA?
-then, out of the blue, came BPO industry ( i have been ill 4 past some days, so, was on complete bed rest with negligible awareness of the recent controversy). they asked abt my opinions on the same. i gave 2 perspectives:employees n the economy.
-they countered me by saying that even bookkeeping n assembly line are repetitive jobs n hence, offer no value addition(somewhere, i had mentioned this). i justified this by giving certain instances.
-asked something abt value creation. it seemed darn simple but since i had already explained value addition n they mentioned it was frm mkting, i didnt wanna bluff. so, i expressed my ignorance.
-then, purchasing pwr parity (must have been their fav que), cud explain the theoretical aspect n tried 2 explain usin an example.they didnt seem quite convinced. may b they wanted more detailed analysis.
-y MBA after BBS?? gave some reasons. they caught me on exposure that i must have had plenty of exposure in my coll. frm that, they strtd talkin abt my summer training. wat the co. did? my profile etc.

anyways, my chances dont seem 2 bright. ATB 2 u guys!!!!!!!!

PS:i m not feelin too well even 2day. if something more comes 2 my mind(i guess there was plenty more, those 30 mins reeeeaally seemed like ages), i will add on 2 it then.

-then, out of the blue, came BPO industry ( i have been ill 4 past some days, so, was on complete bed rest with negligible awareness of the recent controversy). they asked abt my opinions on the same. i gave 2 perspectives:employees n the economy.

any one knows what controversy???

before the GD began 2 MDI students talked to us...cooling our nerves...guess prateek u were one of them....

Yes Garima - yours truly was there!!! 😁 😁

Neways - an awsome post by u & bellthecat!!!

Keep the info flowing...

Prateek

Hey Garima are u an engineer or commerce graduate?

http://jpn.cec.eu.int/union/showpage_en_union.emu.step.php

By the way - the prominent country which did not adopt it is Sweden isnt it?

chk out this link...
http://jpn.cec.eu.int/union/showpage_en_union.emu.faq.php#8
UK is the prominent european country...of course sweden too doesnt have it...but then UK wud be considered more prominent...was also asked why this was so..didnt know exactly so said i dont know!
ATB
Garima.