MDI Class of 2009(New list)

Hi All, I kept thinking someone will open this thread sooner or later…but it never happened!! So anyways…this thread is for the people who are joining MDI this year, PGP-M, PGP-HR and PGP-IM batches. First of all, congratulation…

Hi All,

I kept thinking someone will open this thread sooner or later...but it never happened!!

So anyways...this thread is for the people who are joining MDI this year, PGP-M, PGP-HR and PGP-IM batches.

First of all, congratulations to all of you for making it through to one of the best B Schools in the coutry. You are now a proud ManDevIan.

Please post here which program you are joining and your brief profile (put in your hobbies and stuff also yaar...not just numbers like 99.xx and letters of the alphabet like A, B, C )

And goes without saying...shoot your queries, and we as your seniors and super seniors would try and resolve them to your fulles satisfaction!

Cheers,
Vineet

Hi All,

I kept thinking someone will open this thread sooner or later...but it never happened!!

So anyways...this thread is for the people who are joining MDI this year, PGP-M, PGP-HR and PGP-IM batches.

First of all, congratulations to all of you for making it through to one of the best B Schools in the coutry. You are now a proud ManDevIan.

Please post here which program you are joining and your brief profile (put in your hobbies and stuff also yaar...not just numbers like 99.xx and letters of the alphabet like A, B, C )

Cheers,
Vineet

And goes without saying...shoot your queries, and we as your seniors and super seniors would try and resolve them to your fulles satisfaction!

Even I had told a couple of people to come up with a common thread for the 2009 batch. Good that you made one...

Congrats to all of you for making it to one of the best B schools in India...

post your profiles and queries. I will be more than happy to answer them.

Anuj
06-08 MDI (PGPM)

hi vineet n anuj
il b so glad if u cn find out wat r my chances of getting thru wid mdi hr.my waitlist no is 43.

i hv done lot of r&d; n found that this yr waitlist should get cleared upto 35.but after dat i hv no idea.

merit list ppl r suppose to pay till 1st.so cn u find out how many ppl hv paid n how many seats hv been filled by 1st.i dont kno y, lk other inst mdi is not cming wid the waiting list on 1st itself.i hv already paid 130000 in imi.n if i dont withraw b4 7th il just get 15000 bac.n as per the site ,info on waitlist being cleared will b given after 7th.

last yr there were 30 seats bt 34 adm were given.
this is in the brochure 50 seats r mentioned.
but sm ppl on pg say dat there r 60 seats .plz find out hw many seats r there.
n last yr hw many initial calls were given 4 30 seats?

thnx

HI all!
am currently waitlisted at 94 for PGPM..will post my profile only wen i finally convert it!
Thanks seniors for being so proactive with ur help..:)
All the best to me!
Cheers!

@vineet - u could have waited a bit , till the ppl waitlisted converted, and the entire "batch" of 2009 was finalised. As it is, we will have waitlisters and ppl who have converted, but who wont take up MDI posting here.

Anyway, request to all posting here.

Only post if you are going to join MDI as the batch of 2009.

Swati and 4uta - u both shd convert easily and when u do , plz edit ur post and put up ur profile :).

Thanks

Hi..
this is prashant,currently wrapping up my btech mechanical degree from NIT Kurukshetra. it feels really ecstatic to get an opportunity to be a part of this great institute. BTW,im going to join the PGPM course.got waitlisted no 5 which is already cleared,tho ill get my turn to officially deposit the fees only after 7th...
Id gotten thru NMIMS n NITIE as well,but no second thoughts in choosing MDI over them...
Pour in your intros,fellow batch-mates...lets get to know each other,maybe plan a meet or two (around delhi/ggn)...

And seniors,any bulk deal for laptops that MDI could worl out for us? or should we go ahead n buy one on our own?

@vineet - u could have waited a bit , till the ppl waitlisted converted, and the entire "batch" of 2009 was finalised. As it is, we will have waitlisters and ppl who have converted, but who wont take up MDI posting here.

Anyway, request to all posting here.

Only post if you are going to join MDI as the batch of 2009.

Swati and 4uta - u both shd convert easily and when u do , plz edit ur post and put up ur profile :).

Thanks

Wanted to say the same...but for the fear of groans...

Well here i am ... first of the confirmed final call getter to post here...

Did my engg in ECE from NSIT in 2005... went on to join TCS Chennai and stayed in chennai for closed to 20 months.... will be back to my home after a long gap....

Vineet.... you mentioned abt writing abt your hobbies ... Well I keep on hearing from everywhere that its a very demanding course in MDI... I just hope that one can take the time out to pursue their hobbies....
As of me... I like travelling... adventure sports...Have done white water rafting, Bungee jumping and paragliding..
Anyone else intrested in adventure sports....
Ya even i am intrested in bulk purchases of laptops.... I guess we have to wait discussing it till situation of waitlisted ppl is clearer...

Anyways i am planning to go to MDI tomorrow to pay the fees... also planing to make a round to SBI and will ask them abt the loan....

anuj
Wanted to say the same...but for the fear of groans...

Well here i am ... first of the confirmed final call getter to post here...

Did my engg in ECE from NSIT in 2005... went on to join TCS Chennai and stayed in chennai for closed to 20 months.... will be back to my home after a long gap....

Vineet.... you mentioned abt writing abt your hobbies ... Well I keep on hearing from everywhere that its a very demanding course in MDI... I just hope that one can take the time out to pursue their hobbies....
As of me... I like travelling... adventure sports...Have done white water rafting, Bungee jumping and paragliding..
Anyone else intrested in adventure sports....
Ya even i am intrested in bulk purchases of laptops.... I guess we have to wait discussing it till situation of waitlisted ppl is clearer...

Anyways i am planning to go to MDI tomorrow to pay the fees... also planing to make a round to SBI and will ask them abt the loan....

anuj

Well I shall answer your queries one by one...

1) Laptops: Laptops are not compulsory and a lot of students use desktops too ( though laptops are better as you need to work in groups). For those who want to buy a new laptop do not buy one right now. Come down to MDI and go for a bulk deal. We did the same thing last year. You people dont worry. Once you come down we will help you with the bulk deal. So dont buy a laptop.

2) Pursuing Hobbies: There would be enough time to pursue whatever you feel like. One thing you will learn here is multitasking. Recently our entire batch went to Rishikesh for rafting. People play football evryday and cricket is also very popular. We have a dedicated club for quizzing and dramatics. If you are really interested in something then you will alwayss find time to pursue it. I personaly conduct quizzes there and, participate in all the marketing,finance and ther online games and still have a very good CGPA.

But I am not too sure whether hobbies like traveling and adventure sports can be pursued on regular basis. I am from delhi and I have been to my place only twice in one year.

Hope that answers your query...

Here goes my profile :

Its sankar here..I did my engg IN EnE(:( ) from MIT,Manipal (2006 batch)..Had job offers from Infy,Accenture n IBM but joined IBM (Pretty bad choise i will say.. )..working with ibm as a mainframe programmer for last 10 months..presently at Bangalore..joining MDI-HR suely..(sorry waitlisters,can't help)..hoping to meet u all dere..

P.S : Now a days bugging Anuj (badman2k) 2 much for clearing all sorts of siily doubts..:satisfie:

hi..
this is soumik majumdar, b.e. mechanical from nit durgapur, doing job for the last 48 months (yaaa thats true --- i know its too much:wow: ) in tata motors jamshedpur. enough job done and now its time for some study and fun(i doubt there will be any time for fun seniors some queries:
1> are bikes allowed in the campus?
2> our joining date is 25th june, when is it ok to be there in mdi, one or two days early?

hi..
this is soumik majumdar, b.e. mechanical from nit durgapur, doing job for the last 48 months (yaaa thats true --- i know its too much:wow: ) in tata motors jamshedpur. enough job done and now its time for some study and fun(i doubt there will be any time for fun seniors some queries:
2> our joining date is 25th june, when is it ok to be there in mdi, one or two days early?

Hi soumik...

You shall have loats of fun in MDI.

Bikes & cars: You are allowed to carry bikes and cars on campus. You need to come to college first and apply for a parking slot. For bikes there are enough slots so you can easily get one but for cars there are limited slots which are alloted on a rotation basis. But do not carry any means of transport to MDI before the parking slot is assigned to you ( which will happen only after 25th june).

Joining date: Last year we had four days of preparatory classes on finance, quantitave analysis and similar things before the session actually started. I am not too sure if they going to continue with it this year. So your actual session may start on 25th itself. It is advisable to reach MDI one or two days earlier.

Can someone please confirm...if this is the address of SBI (nearest to MDI) where we can apply for study loan : .....

State Bank Academy,
Plot No 77, Sector 18,
Gurgaon 122 015.

Hi there

I am Gaurav Agarwal. Currently working in HCL technologies. I got confirmed offer for PGPIM and have been waitlisted for PGPM (WL-182)....
Hoping aginst hope for PGPM.
Anyway I am depositing fees for PGPIM tomm.
I love biking and travelling.
Hoping to have a blast at MDI.

-----------------------------------
Calls: IIFT, MDI(PGPM, PGPIM), NMIMS, IMT, IIT Kgp
Converted: MDI-PGPIM, IMT
Waitlisted: IIT Kgp, MDI PGMP,
Rejected: IIFT

hi,
congrats to all of us

seniors, could you tell us more abt the exchange programs..

will there be scholarships or aid or do we have to take the expense?
and what is the average pay in the summer internships?

cheers,
anunag

Mufasa , PGP 07-09 :-)
34 months with TCS
BE telecom , PESIT Bangalore
Loyola School , Jamshedpur
CAT : 98.3
Question : link to the official community on Orkut? yahoogroups ?

Heartiest congratulation to Junta who made thru MDI

If anyone of u have already reserved seat or waitlisted in IIFT and planning to vacate the same, plz vote on this thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/people-confirmed-or-waitlisted-in-iift-but-leaving-it-for-iim-or-other-b-school-25022894

It will be highly beneficial for ppl in IIFT list

Thanks in Advance
PS- It is not related to this thread but will be highly beneficial for aspiring IIFTians

Hi Seniors,

Sorry if this query seems out of place but it is very important to me and other waitlisters. Actually, few days back we came to know that SP Jain has increased its seats from 120 to 180. So I was just wondering whether MDI also has such plans or has it send such a request to AICTE. I know it will be very difficult to know for confirm abt such inside info unless it is implemented but there will be surely "strong" rumours on campus if a institute is planning such a step. Increasing the seats wud be a blessing for guys like me.

P.S. I certainly do feel that MDI has the required infrastructure to increase the seats. Sorry, if i am wrong here.

Thanks,
Vishal

hi..

About bikes..a.s Anuj said, you need to get a slot and an MDI parking sticker to keep your vehicle on campus.

But you can bring your bike with you and park it for a couple of days on campus till the time you get the sticker. I don't think there should be a problem. No point you coming first and your bike later (especially if you're not from NCR).

About cars, yes, there are a definite number of slots, and these are given out on a rotating basis. So you may not always get a slot...so I'd suggest that if you're not from NCR, then bringing a car may not be such a good idea.
Hi puys,
I am waitlisted at no 14 for PGPM and would be joining MDI once converted.
I have some questions for the MDI seniors ,

1) What is the estimated average amount of money that is needed for the two year stay at MDI other than the 6 lac rupees which we are supposed to pay to MDI?

2) Is there some opportunity to pursue some part time job kinda thing to earn something while studying at MDI?

3) What is the average stipend paid for MDI students for the summer internships?
I request the seniors to please answer my queries and help me out.
Thanks
Also , Thanks for starting this thread vineet...

1. The expenses you would incur apart from the tuition and the boarding and lodging are very much dependent on your spending habits. The major expenses come from outings, movies, eating out, shopping, fuel, phone bills, your on campus spending (canteen, coffee, tea etc) and the like. As you can see, this expense is quite variable depending on the person. I used to spend about 1k each month on phone bills, and an average of Rs. 100 per day on other miscellenaous expenditure. But then again, I am addicted to food!

There are some expenses which are fixed however. For instace, at the beginning of each term, you'll get a whole lot of material and readings, which you would want to get spiral bound. There's a shop on campus which does binding, photocopying, lamination etc at reasonable rates.

Then you would have to pay Rs. 5k at the beginning of your program towards the running of the students' council and placement committee for 2 years.

2. Some people do go and teach in some coaching institutes, but then again, it's not regular. Primarily because you never know when a class or a lecture might be scheduled with just a few hours' notice.

3. Hmm..the average stipend...difficult to put a number to that...because I don't think that is calculated! But yes, it's usually not less than Rs. 10k per month...and the upside is not limited! I guess the PG06 guys can give you more accurate info on this.