McDonough School of Business - Georgetown University - Fall 2013 Admissions

Hi All, Tried searching for Georgetown 2013 thread, but couldn’t find one. So here is one for all. Anybody applying for MSB, Georgetown 2013? I’ve submitted by application last week and have got an interview invite for New Delhi durin…

Hi All,

Tried searching for Georgetown 2013 thread, but couldn't find one. So here is one for all. Anybody applying for MSB, Georgetown 2013?

I've submitted by application last week and have got an interview invite for New Delhi during first week of November. :)

However, I am contemplating if I could perhaps postpone it by one week as my schedule will not allow me to travel from Bangalore to Delhi that time. Is this possible?

Pardon me if there is another thread for Georgetown 2013.

Regards,
Rahul

@rahulg83 Something about your profile please as well as GMAT
@reviliant I have 5 years of experience, inclusive of 2 at onsite, with Infosys and Wipro. Acads are good. EC is just decent I'd say.
GMAT - 710 (M50, V35, AWA 5.5). Took the test in July, 2009
TOEFL - 105

Are you also applying to GT?

For those interested, I recently met the McDonough Adcom and alumni at the MBA Tour in Bangalore. I have shared my experience here. Hope that helps. It also has experiences from MIT Sloan, UCLA Anderson and Rice Jones.

http://amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-world-mba-tour-bangalore-2012.html

I've scheduled an interview in New Delhi, on 06-Nov. :)

I have scheduled on Nov 8th in New Delhi. For the interview do we have to suit up?

Hi Kshitij,

Yes, suit-up!! Do share you interview once you are done with interview. Also, are you into any specific interview preparation for Georgetown? If yes, perhaps we can share some tips ?

Best of Luck, Buddy..

Regards,
Rahul
I had my interview yesterday at New Delhi. It was a very candid discussion with one of the adcom members in a hotel's lobby, and mostly revolved around following questions..

1) Long term and short term goals and Why?
2) Why Georgetown?
3) Example of conflict within a team and how did I resolve?
4) Leadership experience and any innovations that I implemented in workplace?
5) How would my co-workers describe me?
6) Cultural differences between India and SA, where I worked for 18 months. Did you learn anything from them and implemented when you returned?
7) Team Skills - example?
8) Questions for the interviewer?

Though the interview was scheduled only for 30 minutes, it stretched out for ~40 minutes in the end. It was my first B-school interview experience and I wouldn't keep my stakes much higher here, as I messed it up in couple of questions, though I was confident about other questions and left a good impression, especially with the last question (I did some research on GT).

I have my fingers crossed (in fact these days I find it tough to uncross them )

My 2 cents for anyone invited for interviews would be this - 'not to over-prepare', 'be yourself' and 'be confident''.

Anybody else done with interviews? This thread seems dormant now!!

Hi All,

I had my interview for GeorgeTown on 7th Nov at Delhi. Any idea when would they give their decisions ?

any suggestions of applying with 640

@Solution08 said:
Hi All,I had my interview for GeorgeTown on 7th Nov at Delhi. Any idea when would they give their decisions ?
Hi, I also had my interview in Delhi on Nov 06. I think they will come back by 2nd week of December..that's what my interviewer told me..
@reviliant said:
any suggestions of applying with 640
I suggest you should...GMAT can be compensated.. :)
@rahulg83 I have a total of 5 + yrs of work experience in IT Operations (Pharma) in one of the famous consultancies Accenture. Just wanted to know whether I will be wasting money if I apply with the score 640. Also the next deadline is Jan 6, if I submit my application in a weeks time will it get shortlisted/rejected fast or they will give the decision after Jan 6,2013 itself.
@rahulg83 so how was your interview ?
@reviliant said:
@rahulg83 I have a total of 5 + yrs of work experience in IT Operations (Pharma) in one of the famous consultancies Accenture. Just wanted to know whether I will be wasting money if I apply with the score 640. Also the next deadline is Jan 6, if I submit my application in a weeks time will it get shortlisted/rejected fast or they will give the decision after Jan 6,2013 itself.
@reviliant For R1 candidates, the decision date is no later than 15 Dec (Approx 2 months from the app submit date), so I don't think if you submit your app now will you get a decision before 6 Jan. However, I suggest you e-mail GT adcom to get a official confirmation..
@Solution08 said:
@rahulg83 so how was your interview ?
@Solution08 please see my post above in this very thread, mate :)
@rahulg83 My Bad 😛 ... nehow nice that your interview got extended .. means that interviewer was interested. 😃 ... mine got finished early even before the 30 min mark ... hence not so optimistic here 😛

Any updates here guys :P. It looks like no one is applying to Mcdonough.. although the interview dates made it look otherwise 😃