profile pls ?

GMAT: 680 (V:35, Q: 48, AWA:5.5)
TOEFL: 107
WE: 3 yrs by fall '08

GMAT: 680 (V:35, Q: 48, AWA:5.5)
TOEFL: 107
WE: 3 yrs by fall '08

hey anurag,

My profile is quite similar to yours and yet I'm on the waiting list....My gmat was 680 Q49 V34 AWA 5.5. However, I'll have 4+yrs by SEP08.
whats ur secret buddy?

thx.
skoogle Says
.. In........

profile pls!!!
hey anurag,

My profile is quite similar to yours and yet I'm on the waiting list....My gmat was 680 Q49 V34 AWA 5.5. However, I'll have 4+yrs by SEP08.
whats ur secret buddy?

thx.

Hi Akhilesh,

Even Im a R1 waitlist, wat bout u? Have u sent some additional material to GT?
Hi Akhilesh,

Even Im a R1 waitlist, wat bout u? Have u sent some additional material to GT?

Hi dreaming high,

yeah I have sent in some additional materials....i had a few corporate awards and an early promo to talk.....how about you?
Hi dreaming high,

yeah I have sent in some additional materials....i had a few corporate awards and an early promo to talk.....how about you?

When did you sent that, I just sent an essay last week on my personal and professional achievements. Did you sent by email to the waitlist email id or by courier. Well I did sent by email and I hope this doesnt affects, would appreciate your two cents.
Hi dreaming high,

One more thing, did you get any communication from the GT like by when will they again notify et al.
dreaming_high Says
One more thing, did you get any communication from the GT like by when will they again notify et al.

I sent my stuff as hard copies way back in feb and I was told in the online status that I'll know my status on/around april 1st. were you told anything?
akhilesh.mohan Says
I sent my stuff as hard copies way back in feb and I was told in the online status that I'll know my status on/around april 1st. were you told anything?

Nopes, didnt got any communication either
dreaming_high Says
Nopes, didnt got any communication either

what does your online decision letter say?
akhilesh.mohan Says
what does your online decision letter say?

The same....that around or April 1st the waitlist would be reviewed again. Hey tell me if you get admitted how you planning to fund coz $130k is a big amount, do you have any US co signer or you will be taking load from India that too only 20 lacs (max)
dreaming_high Says
The same....that around or April 1st the waitlist would be reviewed again. Hey tell me if you get admitted how you planning to fund coz $130k is a big amount, do you have any US co signer or you will be taking load from India that too only 20 lacs (max)

I'm hoping to fund partly through family funds, partly loans. but I'm hoping to get a good scholarship grant/a stipend or something like that......what about you?
akhilesh.mohan Says
I'm hoping to fund partly through family funds, partly loans. but I'm hoping to get a good scholarship grant/a stipend or something like that......what about you?

Same here, self funded, but you should know that waitlist candidates are seldom given any scholarships and if if we get any stipend or TA/GA it would be in 2nd year, keep this point in mind 😃
dreaming_high Says
Same here, self funded, but you should know that waitlist candidates are seldom given any scholarships and if if we get any stipend or TA/GA it would be in 2nd year, keep this point in mind :)

I'm hoping that I beat the odds 😉
dreaming_high Says
Same here, self funded, but you should know that waitlist candidates are seldom given any scholarships and if if we get any stipend or TA/GA it would be in 2nd year, keep this point in mind :)

anyways, whats ur profile like? which other schools did u apply?
hey anurag,

whats ur secret buddy?

thx.

@akhilesh.mohan: GTU was the best school that i had applied to and honestly was the least hopeful of getting even an interview call, but somehow got it and was able to crack it.

i guess its not purely about the numbers, coz i know of ppl who had a higher gmat/gpa/work-ex but were waitlisted. guess wen they say they r looking for diversity in the classroom, they really mean it. i am an engineer, worked in telecom industry for a couple of yrs and then switched to finance, guess thats the thing that clicked with them, it really depends from case to case, cannot generalize it.

I do not know how u cud convert the waitlist, but i know like all schools, gtu wud like commitment, so be sure the additional material u send across shows that sufficiently, that if admitted u wud be joining for sure. regularly calling/emailing the admissions committee wud definately help.

cheers and all the best
anurag