McCombs Austin - 2010

Dear All: This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the McCombs MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful. Regards Aseem!

Dear All:
This thread is aimed at applicants interested in the McCombs MBA program for entry in 2010 and beyond. Please feel free to share your profiles, comments, doubts and any other information that could be helpful.
Regards
Aseem!

I am planning to apply to McCombs.. Whats your profile like??

I wonder if there is a separate thread for this or are we running short of applicants to McCombs this yr??

Just submitted my application for McCombs.
Brief Profile : I am working with an Indian IT major(Project Leader, 5 years), have a GMAT score of 740 and TOEFL is 110. Post MBA I am interested in Business Development and IT strategic consulting.

Just submitted my application for McCombs.
Brief Profile : I am working with an Indian IT major(Project Leader, 5 years), have a GMAT score of 740 and TOEFL result is awaited. Post MBA I am interested in Business Development and IT strategic consulting.

ATB Akshaya..I too submitted my app..
puriaseem Says
ATB Akshaya..I too submitted my app..

Thanks and All the Best to you too..:)

I applied on 2nd November. Dont see many responses on this thread.... is it the only thread for all McCombs aspirants on PG?

I have 4 yrs exp in IT - 750/5.0 GMAT score. I have also applied to CMU Tepper so far.

count me in too...applied for the Nov 2nd deadline..my status say application under review..my profile

work ex-4 years in electronic tech sales till aug 2010
gmat-710/5.0

any idea wen will intv calls start coming in?

guys are we required to send any hardcopies through snail mail...

jha.abhinav84 Says
guys are we required to send any hardcopies through snail mail...

Well i sent my transcripts (hard copies) through priority mail other than that there was no need.
count me in too...applied for the Nov 2nd deadline..my status say application under review..my profile

work ex-4 years in electronic tech sales till aug 2010
gmat-710/5.0

any idea wen will intv calls start coming in?

Judging by last year's responses mid december might be a good estimate.
akshaya.1983 Says
Judging by last year's responses mid december might be a good estimate.

Yeah thats a good estimate..UT Austin has been known to be quote slow ithe intv decisions and admits..Plus there is the xmas break..so all places woould be shut by 20th dec..we all should hear b4 that..

@Puys who have applied to McCombs

I read the last year's thread for mcCombs and it seems the college does not have a loan assistance program in place for internationals.. You guys heard anything abt this changing for Fall 2010 ?

Hello Puys,

I applied to McCombs on 1st November - R1. After 20 days, today my application is finally showing up as We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.

I guess folks at McCombs take their time to work on these things. As for me, I was pretty sure that I was getting dinged, but now I think that there is some hope.

Hello Puys,

I applied to McCombs on 1st November - R1. After 20 days, today my application is finally showing up as We have received all credentials required to process your application. Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.

I guess folks at McCombs take their time to work on these things. As for me, I was pretty sure that I was getting dinged, but now I think that there is some hope.

Yes, McCombs is a game of patience.

I think the delay is mainly because they are taking time to compute the GPA and verify the credentials of international students.
Adcom's turnaround time for US undergrads has been less than a week. There are people who applied and got an interview call within four days. Those people probably have a degree from a US university and so no cross verification (or whatever it is that they are doing) is required.

Check this out

Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants : The B-School Application - Page 2

I think the delay is mainly because they are taking time to compute the GPA and verify the credentials of international students.
Adcom's turnaround time for US undergrads has been less than a week. There are people who applied and got an interview call within four days. Those people probably have a degree from a US university and so no cross verification (or whatever it is that they are doing) is required.

Check this out

Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants : The B-School Application - Page 2

wow..impressive turnaround for locals.

Looks like international applications will be reviewed after jan 5th.

Texas MPA Admissions Blog - Insider Information for Prospective Students

Looks like international applications will be reviewed after jan 5th.

Texas MPA Admissions Blog Insider Information for Prospective Students

That's for the MPA program. Is their admission cycle same as the MBA cycle?

I spoke to a McCombs admission officer last week and she told me that latest by January 31st all R1 applicants would know whether they have been dinged or not. She also mentioned that the time of getting an interview call was no indication of the strength of the application because McCombs employs the rolling admission process.