MBE(Masters in Biz Eco, DU) 2006 , shoot your queries here!!

Hi to all the prospective junta :: Its that time of the year again when management entrances come knocking at the door every sunday week after week … This thread is dedicated to answering your queries about MBE(Masters in Business…

Hi to all the prospective junta

Its that time of the year again when management entrances come knocking at the door every sunday week after week .....

This thread is dedicated to answering your queries about MBE(Masters in Business Economics) course at University of Delhi , South Campus ...

Being an old horse at PG and a part of MBE fraternity..i hope to answer everyones query in general about admissions , examination forms , GDs , interviews , and yup placements

Please feel free to post ur queries ....

All the best to all the PGites 😃

Can u throw light on placements. ? Please gve me some info on companies, salries, international offers. Summer internships etc.,

guys.. MBE forms r out.. surprised..?? evni ws.. bt thefact is they r availaible.. phone no. is 24111141.. n they r availaible at the same office from whre v got mfc forms..only the room no. is differnt..fr mbe forms, its room no. 229..n the concerned person is sum mr.kaul.. so..all the best..

zephyr.. Says
guys.. MBE forms r out.. surprised..?? evni ws.. bt thefact is they r availaible.. phone no. is 24111141.. n they r availaible at the same office from whre v got mfc forms..only the room no. is differnt..fr mbe forms, its room no. 229..n the concerned person is sum mr.kaul.. so..all the best..

Yup , The forms are available from the department ...MFC and MBE share the same campus and are housed in the same building of UDSC.

The last date for sale of forms is 17th Dec, 05 ..

VK Kaul sir is the Head of department (HOD)

All the best
Hi to all the prospective junta

Its that time of the year again when management entrances come knocking at the door every sunday week after week .....

This thread is dedicated to answering your queries about MBE(Masters in Business Economics) course at University of Delhi , South Campus ...

Being an old horse at PG and a part of MBE fraternity..i hope to answer everyones query in general about admissions , examination forms , GDs , interviews , and yup placements

Please feel free to post ur queries ....

All the best to all the PGites :)

well thanx for starting this thread buddy

i want to know the eligibility criterion for the mbe course .....as from the notification it seems that they accept student from (honrs) background..........wht abt the pass cpurse studnet............i am having bachelors degree in pass course ..... m i eligible for the mbe

hi ,folks of this thread, i came across through above replies that forms of mbe r out; if so plz . let me know about the notification of the same n from where can i purchase the form get it ...

hey pls tell me i am b.com pass course m i eligible for mbe as in notification it is not clear ,,,,,any senior pls......

saychamps Says
hey pls tell me i am b.com pass course m i eligible for mbe as in notification it is not clear ,,,,,any senior pls......

Well, I have the prospectus with me right now--

BCom (Hons)-- 50% and above
BCom (Pass)-- 55% and above

All the best.
Got unlucky in CAT so i am thinking of applying in MBE this year.
I have done B.Com.(H) from DU and scored 62%.
I would like to know about the placements, curricullum structure and the batch profile.
Should I apply for this???????
Got unlucky in CAT so i am thinking of applying in MBE this year.
I have done B.Com.(H) from DU and scored 62%.
I would like to know about the placements, curricullum structure and the batch profile.
Should I apply for this???????

Definately Rachit. I would strongly recommend you to do so. Same procedure as in MFC, only offline, last date to submit 17-12-2005, to purchase 15-12-2005, since you are in Delhi, you can personally visit and talk to the present batch, if you have the time from your busy schedule. Also, specifically to DU courses, in case of admission, go in this descending order if admitted--
1. FMS
2. FMS (MS)
3. MFC
4. MBE
5. MIB, MHROD (DSE)
6. SRCC--GBO

I am a veteran of admission tests for past few years. As regards MBE, please expect about 10-15 questions on Statistics (From the MBE course itself, eg. qs. on time series, probability, etc., you get it?). GK more so oriented on Indian Economy, also economic indicators (DATA based qs.). Rest of test sections, etc. can be gleaned from the MBE prospectus itself. All the best.
Definately Rachit. I would strongly recommend you to do so. Same procedure as in MFC, only offline, last date to submit 17-12-2005, to purchase 15-12-2005, since you are in Delhi, you can personally visit and talk to the present batch, if you have the time from your busy schedule. Also, specifically to DU courses, in case of admission, go in this descending order if admitted--
1. FMS
2. FMS (MS)
3. MFC
4. MBE
5. MIB, MHROD (DSE)
6. SRCC--GBO

I am a veteran of admission tests for past few years. As regards MBE, please expect about 10-15 questions on Statistics (From the MBE course itself, eg. qs. on time series, probability, etc., you get it?). GK more so oriented on Indian Economy, also economic indicators (DATA based qs.). Rest of test sections, etc. can be gleaned from the MBE prospectus itself. All the best.

Thanks dude, I am serious about it. My economics is also nice this will be fine for me, waise bhi I am confidnt 'bout my MFC admission but this will be a nice back up.
Dear pls do tell 'bout the contents of exam in details
Thanking you

Rachit Jain

hi all

sorry for the late reply ..currently we are in the middle of 1st sem exams ...

anyways ..

As in terms of eligibility ..ANY graduate can apply for the MBE programme ...though graduates apart from BA(hons) Eco , B.com(h), BBE(Hons), BBS(Hons) require an aggregate of 55% or more ...

As in terms of other details ..

Examination Pattern
Last year the paper consisted of 200 questions which included questions on logical reasoning , quantitative aptitude(some ques on calculus , probability , statistics etc) , general and economic awareness , DI and English as usual .
The negative marking was not disclosed.
Do revise ur statistical formulas of mean , median , mode , etc ..
Placements
The placements for the final year haven't started as yet ..though there have been PPTs by companies like B&K; securities , Ernst and Young , Roc Search , Market Rx , Jones lang lasalle , pipal research , India Infrastructure ,Watson Wyaatt ,Recerche all offering good profiles and a good compensation .
Summers is a rolling process and some people have already got in above mentioned companies at good stipends .
Last year placements we had 100 percent placements with an average of 4.2 lakhs p.a. and minimum being 3lakhs p.a. and the highest was 7.5 lakhs p.a.
The forms are available from the department itself from room no. 229 on cash payement of Rs600 ...
The last date for submission of forms in 17th Dec , 2005
Wish all the aspirants , Good luck
Do keep pourin in ur queries
Ciao
Gaurav

hi, gaurav440,n other folks of this thread , my query has'nt been replied- i wanna know where can i get the forms of mbe from ? since i'm an outstation candidate ,so will i've to send draft etc... plz help me out !

Dear waterhouse,
Send ur reqest to
Department of Business Economics
Room No. 229,
Arts Faculty Building,
Delhi University South Campus,
Benito Juarez Road,
New Delhi 110021
Send ur request with 2 self addressed slips along with a DD of Rs.650 in favour of" Director, University of delhi South Campus" payable at SBI,New Delhi.
Rachit Jain

WATERHOUSE Says
hi, gaurav440,n other folks of this thread , my query has'nt been replied- i wanna know where can i get the forms of mbe from ? since i'm an outstation candidate ,so will i've to send draft etc... plz help me out !

Also, do keep in mind the following--

D.D. drawn on State Bank of India, Service Branch: Code- 7687, New Delhi, as per notification in the newspaper. All the best.
Also, do keep in mind the following--

D.D. drawn on State Bank of India, Service Branch: Code- 7687, New Delhi, as per notification in the newspaper. All the best.

THANX SCORPIO & RACHIT , well can u be kind enough to send the notification if possible(date,newspaper name & edition) .. or let me know if its available on net anywhere coz i've checked the site of mbe. craving for ur reply ...
WATERHOUSE Says
THANX SCORPIO & RACHIT , well can u be kind enough to send the notification if possible(date,newspaper name & edition) .. or let me know if its available on net anywhere coz i've checked the site of mbe. craving for ur reply ...

Oops! Sorry, dear, I have the cutting with me, unfortunately, I've cut out the name of the newspaper, and I do not recollect which paper had the adv. What you can do is to check all national dailies and their respective supplements in the time range-- 26-10-2005 to 6-11-2005, I had sent in a draft dated 10-11-2005, so I surmise that the adv. came out in the period I've mentioned. Sorry again, am unable to help you in this regard.
WATERHOUSE Says

This doesn't came in any newspaper as such, so can't give u a link. Moreover, I too wasn't able to get the website of MBE. What I got is this, u can try out this linkhttp://www.educationinfoindia.com/lucknow/management/l_index%5Bnewdobe%5D.html#fac
rachitjain_18 Says
This doesn't came in any newspaper as such, so can't give u a link. Moreover, I too wasn't able to get the website of MBE. What I got is this, u can try out this linkhttp://www.educationinfoindia.com/lucknow/management/l_index%5Bnewdobe%5D.html#fac

When I compare MFC with MBE, I feel that the MBE Officewallahs are nutty!! They do not post the notification on the website, They came out with a very small newspaper adv. tucked away in one corner of the paper, you have to have discerning eye to search the paper. And to top it all, when I telephoned them whether they had sent me the prospectus for which I sent in the draft on 10-11-05, they said-- No brochures sent out yet for those sending draft payments. Isn't that nutty!! It's probably the warm wintry sun that's making them lazy. It's up to the MBE students to pull up the officewallahs. This atmosphere at MBE is bad marketing and bad publicity.