MBE(master of Bs Eco,DU)Answer to all ur queries

hey junta… this is for all those ppl who r appearin for various entrance exams… i m here to solve all ur queries about admissions into MBE, DU i m currently in 2nd semister of this course… plz feel free to ask anythg abt MBE i…

hey junta...

this is for all those ppl who r appearin for various entrance exams..
i m here to solve all ur queries about admissions into MBE, DU

i m currently in 2nd semister of this course..

plz feel free to ask anythg abt MBE i'll be glad to answer ur queries..

shells....

Hey hi there Shells!
Thanks a lot for taking the initiative! 😃
i was about to start a thread for the mbe exam!
my elder sister happens to be in ur mbe alumni! but she passed out quite a few years back! so for starters can you enlighten us with everything you remember bout the written exam ,the sections and cut offs! what extra can we do for its preparation coz there is still a month to go!
Thanks a lot!ciao!

hi shells, thanx fr starting this thread. could u plz lemme know abt de following

1. When'll de ad come out?(or whether it's already come out, i'm nt getting any link )
2. how's de hostel life n how's ur placement over de recent years?
byee
sahaamity

Hi Shell how r u,
i have some queries,
1.level of paper
2.from where one can do economics gk
3.cut off
4.any previous year paper or questions u remember
bye

hi shell,where r u.just posted a message and then invisible.give some suggestions.
bye

hi guys!!!!!!!

first of all i would like to apologise to u all for the delay in reply..

ok
so sahaamity the site is being uploaded so u wont be able find any link on the net...
i'll send u info abt MBE course if u want..
the application process has been finished so if u havnt filled the form then i m really sorry..

hostel life is really cool!!!!
but just one prob. since the program is under DU, hostel accomodation is provided only to outstation students... but i can assure u one thg once ur in there its day n night party time...

ok as far as placements r concerned.. we have really good placements..
this year till now v hav had MCKinsey,GE, India bulls, ICRA..etc takin ppl..
FICCI, ASSOCHAM (regular recruiters) and others r yet to come..
v have placed 8 students 4 summers in Austria

Now as far as the written exam is concerned..
the exam is very easy.. u'll hav
maths: prepare 12th std maths those integration and diff ques will be waitin for u. also normal logical math ques will be there..

eng: easy..RC was simple to comprehend... and grammer ques were also easy so i doubt u'll hav any prob dealin wid it.. just do ur CL ,IMS ,PT ETC material..

GK: current affairs.. READ THE NEWSPAPER(ECO TIMES or BS STD and not TOI esp DT :wink: ).. refresh ur self as to wat has happened in last 3-4 months.. pick up old magazines like outlook, bs world, bs today, etc.. expect corporate as well as political ques
be fimiliar with which co lauched which brand and stuff..

LR: dnt remeber much but it was ok..

i remember last yr we had this criteria of short listin..i n which u were supposed to score min 25% in 2 groups..
I: maths and LR
II: eng n GK

so attempt ur paper accly..
see paper will be damn easy so have really good speed and good amt of attempts..
this year the no of applicants has increased so competition will be hot..

i m sorry v dont have prev yrs papers so cant help u on that..

hey CAT04 ur sis is from which batch and if possible cud u tell me her name? wud definately like to get in touch wid my alumni..

i hope i have solved all ur queries
as far as written exam pattern is concerned if u want more info i'll talk to my class mates and get u more info abt it..
any further clarification plz feel free to ask

take care
shells

thanks a lot shell.one more question how many r sitting for this exam and if possible do tell me how much were last year.
bye

sure bunty.. will let u knw abt it asap........

does anyone know whats the time for the exam ..in the admit card it is mentioned 11 AM ..is that the reposrting time or the time when the exam starts :huh:

All the Best to all u guys!!!!!!!!!!!

do well

shells

All the Best to all u guys!!!!!!!!!!!

do well

shells

Hi shells..thanks for taking up the initiative..... i wanted to know about the following things in MBE:

1. Batch profile.....engineers + non engineers work ex/fresheers
2.Average salary range (u did tell about the companies but no idea about the pay package offered)
3.Your personal opinion of the nature and content of the course someone told me its mainly oriented for reseach kind of JOBS with FICCI, CII,CSO
hope u can help!!

hey
silly question but.....which course is this and am i too late to ask...just trying to make sense of the discussion going on......... 😃
regards

hey
silly question but.....which course is this and am i too late to ask...just trying to make sense of the discussion going on......... 😃
regards

IT is about MBE: masters in busniess economics at SOUTH CAMPUS of one and only DU!!
hey
regards

IT is about MBE: masters in busniess economics at SOUTH CAMPUS of one and only DU!!
Hey shells, If ur still around, then pleez give us an idea about the negative marking in the exam! how much is it? Is the English more vocab oriented! And what about LR! I know its too late to ask all thid stuff but just need to reassure myself! How many questions in total and what would be a decent no of attempts!
Pleez respond asap! And people what is the reporting time?
Thanks!

sorry guys i guess i m too late.. no point discussin exam..stay chilled..
the reportin time is 11 am so i guess try to be there by 10.45am not sure exact start time of exam.. today office was closed so cudnt confirm..

Hi shells..thanks for taking up the initiative..... i wanted to know about the following things in MBE:

1. Batch profile.....engineers + non engineers work ex/fresheers
2.Average salary range (u did tell about the companies but no idea about the pay package offered)
3.Your personal opinion of the nature and content of the course someone told me its mainly oriented for reseach kind of JOBS with FICCI, CII,CSO
hope u can help!!

well in my batch this yr we have few engineers as compared to prev yrs..
initially there used to be 50-50 ratio.. but this time we hav more of bcom and eco students..

95%of us r fresh grads.. no work ex..

yes we do get lot of market research cos comin in.. i dnt knw wthr ppl r clear abt the mkt research job profile.. if not then let me knw.. i'll give u some info abt it..
although i m not an authority in it.. but can definately give u some idea..

we do get other type of job offers as well which any normal mba instt gets..
but yes if u hav analytical bent of mind and wanna do somethg more than just an ordinary mba the mbe is the right choice for u..

its essentially a fine blend of MA(eco) and MBA

i hope i have solved all ur doubt..more queries r welcomed..

shells

HEY Shells! u didnt reply! seems ur online rite now! pleez respond to my queries asap!
should we also try to do a lot of guess work in order to increase the no of attempts!
and ALL THE BEST to all those who are appearing for the exam tmw!

hiii all ....how did the exam went ? i guess the paper was easy ..except a forgot to brush up on stats ..my attempts 150+

please do post in ur number of attempts 😃

HEY Shells! u didnt reply! seems ur online rite now! pleez respond to my queries asap!
should we also try to do a lot of guess work in order to increase the no of attempts!
and ALL THE BEST to all those who are appearing for the exam tmw!

sorry buddy.. didnt read ur post on time.. really really sorry

do tell me how was the paper.. how many attempts..

gaurav i guess ur no of attempts are quite good.. all the best.. hope to c u on gd/pi day..