Mbe (du)

Hey Guys Any idea howz MBE(Master of Business Economics)–Delhi University?And what are the job prospects after doing this course… Thanx in advance morning_star

Hey Guys

Any idea howz MBE(Master of Business Economics)--Delhi University?And what are the job prospects after doing this course...

Thanx in advance

morning_star

MBE is a gud option only i f u dont have any calls from some gud b-schools
Otherwise it has gud placements as it has only a batch of 40
Also another advantage is DU itself
Also a gud option if u r looking for working in a consultancy firm.

Hi
Even i heard MBE is good....But dunno much abt it
Kindly Shedsome light on it - u know the application etc etc...also a link to the site wud b of gr8 help
The last date and qualifictaions etc
Naina

Guys..those interested in MBE offered by DU. This is an article which came in TOI online edition.

Fly high with MBE
TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SUNDAY, JANUARY 11, 2004 11:07:47 PM ]

The MBE programme at DU aims at blending the theoretical and practical elements of business, says Amit Kr Chanda

Looking for a career in the corporate world via the MBA route? Perhaps, MBA is not the only route to look for a desired career in the corporate sector.

The Masters of Business Economics or MBE programme at the Department of Business Economics, Delhi University (DU) is on a par with an MBA from a top B-school in the country.

And, a MBE degree can land you a plum job with the whos who of trans and multi-national corporations. The opening could be one in organisations like the Indian Oil Corporation, LG Electronics, National Housing Bank, Prudential ICICI, SAIL, American Express Bank, Citibank, Coca Cola, HDFC and CICI Bank, TCS, HTA, TERI, PWC and Ernst and Young. Started in 1973, the MBE programme was patterned on a similar programme conducted by the Harvard Business School.

It is one of its kind run by any university in the country. The head of Department of Business Economics, DU, Deepa Saran said: The liberalisation and globalisation of Indian, as well as economies across the world have led to the demand for people who can be a blend of economics and management including organisational behaviour, marketing, finance, loans, investment and who can make a company competitive and profitable.

The MBE programme is an amalgamation of management, business and economic techniques, which is quite different from the MBA programmes offered by B-schools in the country.

In fact, the MBE programme is an integrated approach to managerial studies. It provides a perfect blend of analytical, theoretical and practical aspects aimed at introducing students to the real-world mechanism. Saran elaborated, Over the years, the MBE programme has evolved in accordance with the changing scenario and feedback from the industry. It has continuously and consistently tried to train its students in line with the practical realities of the business world.

Students work in close cooperation with the industry and conduct conventions, seminars, lectures and training programmes. The department seeks to continuously enhance its pedagogy not only to attain higher standards of quality education but to define them. Superior analytical and team skills are known strengths of MBE students.

With its experienced and nationally-renowned faculty and vital linkages with the industry, the MBE provides an excellent learning ambience to its students. The MBE has tie-ups with several foreign universities, which enables exchange of students and faculty. The department functions as a resource centre for industry, corporation and apex organisations, consultations, research assignments and workshops.

The admission to the two-year programme is a three-stage process. Saran remarked, The admission process comprises an All India entrance test, group discussion and personality and personal interview. The focus of the admission procedure is to attract and develop people who want to lead, own, create and transform substantial business enterprises. Moreover, we have ensured that the MBE programme is able to integrate functional areas of business, to be able to stand up to the global challenge.

And, where do MBEs get a chance to work after graduation? Saran pointed out, The companies range from banking and financial services, consultancy and other services, consumer goods and retail, media and advertising, apex organisations, market research, research organisations, foreign institutions, educational institutions, manufacturing to engineering, with an average salary ranging between Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4.4 lakh per annum.

www.mbe-du.org

Eligibility: Bachelors degree with an honours in business economics/ economics/ commerce/ business studies/ business administration with at least 50 per cent marks. If you have done a bachelors in either science, engineering or arts, 55 per cent marks are required

Forms are available till December 26

Written test: Mathematical ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning, awareness of business and economic environment

Regards,
Will

ive heard dat its gud for people vid economics or finance background but it's difficult for engineers. Otherwise it has nice placements avarage of bout 3.5-4
Also its kool vid tag of du attached to it.....
gd on 25th i suppose.

hiiii......all., i will be appearing for the MBE entrance this year...can anyone tell me that the paper consists of how many questions and what is the desired number of attempts to get through? Also another important question....i read the Times of India article but its quite old (2004)..which states an average package figure of 3.5 to 4 lakh for MBEites...can anyone tell the update figure??

sunitasun15 Says
hiiii......all., i will be appearing for the MBE entrance this year...can anyone tell me that the paper consists of how many questions and what is the desired number of attempts to get through? Also another important question....i read the Times of India article but its quite old (2004)..which states an average package figure of 3.5 to 4 lakh for MBEites...can anyone tell the update figure??

WElcome to PG...

Please use search to locate the relevant threads, continue here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/20-jan-08-dfs-mfc-2008-paper-discussions-25028093

Avoid posting on the old dead thread.