MBE 2013-15 Final Converts & Related Discussion

Results for MBE 2013-15 Batch have been declared. Congratulations to all those who have converted. Welcome to MBE! :: For those who missed out, please do not lose hope. This is just the beginning of your MBE journey and there are still…

Results for MBE 2013-15 Batch have been declared.

Congratulations to all those who have converted. Welcome to MBE!

For those who missed out, please do not lose hope. This is just the beginning of your MBE journey and there are still many more results left.

Please use this thread for the discussion regarding the waitlist activity, fee submission, queries about the college, etc.

Here's the PDF of the final list.
http://mbe-du.org/admin/uploads/MBE_FINAL_RESULT2013.pdf

what was the waitlist movement last year

Last year the WL moved till 124 for GEN.

wat bout wait list movement for SC???

Gen cat Sr. NO 25 :)
how much fees do we need to deposit? or to put it more simply, what do we need to do now to confirm admission?

@ moinak_ghoshal please provide some details on MBE placements...... heard rumours that the placemenet scenario for the batch of 2011-2013 was very bleak at MFC, what's the situation here?

@moinak_ghoshal : Waitlist 35 ..Do I stand a chance??
@moinak_ghoshal Does Microeconomic analysis involve a completely mathematical treatment of the subject as in Microeconomic Analysis by Varian, Hal or does it involve a large chunk of theory as well?

How much fees to submit before 10th ?

What was the wait list movement for obc candidates last yr?do I stand any chance to convert @ wait list 16

@moinak_ghoshal What are the kind of opportunities available in consulting after MBE? What about RBI and Times Group?

How's HR as specialization and how are the placements in HR?

Having an inclination towards finance, how are the opportunities after MBE in that respect..How has the trend been and what roles are offered to students who opt for finance?

what percentage of the MBE batch got placed last year i mean 2012

hi @moinak_ghoshal sir, i have a couple of questions / clarifications / suggestions, i know i am gonna write a hell of an essay here, but m sure this is sort of a summary of the general questions people have in their minds.....

i know its the nth time someone is asking about wait list movement....my wl is 73......what are the chances ....i have a couple of things to say before you can comment.....we know 17 people are common between mbe and mfc converts (assuming that all of them will go for mfc , if not all i can do is plead them to go fo it n help us ) and then there are some who have sort of said (here on PG) that they will not be joining and also an OBC listed in General seats,,,,this makes the wl move by ~20,,,,,so my question now is how frequently are wait lists announced ?? and considering last years movement till 124 in General,,,what can be expected this year

Also it will be helpful, if you can create a sort of a poll here with options (just a suggestion ):
Converted and joining
Converted & not joining
Waitlisted with WL Rank
Waitlisted with WL Rank

People who are waitlisted in the current list,,,do they need to pay the fees now ie before 10th April or once they are confirmed then only ??

Then something about this year's placements ,,,,,,i know there are restrictions and i respect those but in case you can throw some light obvsly only if possible for you,,,,% batch placed so far.....avg/median/highest/lowest packages accepted

That would be all for now
@sam23july said:
wat bout wait list movement for SC???
It moved till 32 last year.
@AnkitGupta1990 said:
Gen cat Sr. NO 25 how much fees do we need to deposit? or to put it more simply, what do we need to do now to confirm admission?@ moinak_ghoshal please provide some details on MBE placements...... heard rumours that the placemenet scenario for the batch of 2011-2013 was very bleak at MFC, what's the situation here?

You'll get the details from the office if you haven't already. Regarding placements, We have just about concluded our final placements, but are yet to compile it and put it up on the website. The average and highest package has increased and so has the number of companies visiting campus. But any name or figure cannot be officially quoted before the placement report is out. I am not the right person to speak about MFC placements stats in a forum like this (Though I'll guess that they too must have done pretty well). Placements here have been good to say the least till now.
@swatilekha1 said:
@moinak_ghoshal : Waitlist 35 ..Do I stand a chance??
Last year the WL moved till 124. So, there's reason to be happy!
@PhoenixScribe said:
@moinak_ghoshal Does Microeconomic analysis involve a completely mathematical treatment of the subject as in Microeconomic Analysis by Varian, Hal or does it involve a large chunk of theory as well?

It's a healthy mix of both theoretical and mathematical treatment.
@hiteshnar said:
How much fees to submit before 10th ?
You'll get the details from the office if you haven't already.