MBA with a strong focus in Operations/General Management

Hey everybody, I am a senior engineer in a manufacturing environment and am working towards going to a business school with a operations/general management focus other than Harvard of course. I am looking at a two year program. Some…

Hey everybody,

I am a senior engineer in a manufacturing environment and am working towards going to a business school with a operations/general management focus other than Harvard of course.

I am looking at a two year program.

Some questions I wish people on this forum could help me answer:

1) Top 10 Operations/General Management programs worldwide?
2) To what lines can a person with a operational background switch to after an MBA? Management Consulting with an operational focus? FMCG product management? Anybody have any experience doing this.
3) Does 1 year program have an edge over 2 year with respect to an operations/general management program?
4) Which MBA program with specialty in Ops/GM programs have the best career services?
5) My GPA is kind of low. Does it come in the way of getting scholarships? Assuming the rest of the package is up to the mark.

Cheers,
Shiv

Hi,
Anybody knows top10 B-school in Operational\GeneralMangement in UK.I Try to find but in vain
Thx in advance.

What kind of Job MBA/ Pgdm- Operations management freshers get into? I finished my PGDM-Operations this june and i am a fresher. i am searching for job. i am confused about "to which profiles i can apply for and which companies i should target?" Please guide me.