Mba (uk)

:: : hello friends, i just read many post relating to study overseas programs. They are all quite interesting and helpful. Basically am interested for a Mba program from uk. Considering the amount of work exp required by the top b-schools,…

:
hello friends, i just read many post relating to study overseas programs. They are all quite interesting and helpful.

Basically am interested for a Mba program from uk. Considering the amount of work exp required by the top b-schools, i dont stand to apply for them.
Although there are some uni's demanding less work exp. If any experts knowing about such uni's, can rightly share the info over here.

I have also heard about University of London - Royal Holloway, offering a mba in international management. Has anyone heard about it.

Awaiting reply from all friends and experts.
TY.

no replies friends :(
seems everyone is busy...

no replies friends :(
seems everyone is busy...

Hi Bliss,

Royal Holloway is a good univ as its MBA is accredited by the AMBA. They actually ask for 3 years of work ex but i guess they mite waive it if u hav a good profile. A friend of mine with 2 years of work ex got thru last year. Also, Cardiff is a decent univ which doesnt ask for work ex. t job prospects r good inside UK but may not b that gr8 outside of the UK as it is not accreditted. hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sandeep.

hey guys.
m a 3rd yr b.com (hons) student.. m aspiring for UK for my MBA...i'll b taking gmat this year's end.. bt the problem is i have no work ex.. is there any prospect for me to get into OXFORD or any top 5-10 collg of UK ??
Help .. i have 80 % in both my X nd XII xams..

It all rather depends on your ambitions. While there are many decent UK schools that do not require any experience, the best ones certainly do.

Dedicated4mba, you mention Oxford and top 5-10 business schools in the UK - unfortunately your chances are close to zero. So what options do you have? You could still apply to the schools that do not require experience now, or gain the experience you need and appy to the top few schools in 3-4 years time. Since the best schools do require experience and that is indeed the norm, do not think you will be losing out in terms of time, if you wait for that long too.

The difficulty is that some of your friends/acquaintances may already have MBA's under their belts by then, making you feel as if you are somehow lagging behind. But if you want a truly international MBA that will serve you through your life, it is best to wait now and go for it later.

Cheers,
Alok

Hi Friends

Requesting for an urgent comparison of Lancaster MBA (UK) vs. NUS MBA (Singapore) in context of suitability for a candidate (Mech. Engr.) with 14 yrs' work experience.
With not much time to choose between the two, an early feedback / analysis will be a great help in deciding.