MBA related RTI discussions

Hi , I am planning to send an Email seeking information; I figured out there are two ways I can take: 1> Getting a postal order and sending my application details by courier 2> Sending the postal order and sending an email. Ple…

Hi ,
I am planning to send an Email seeking information;

I figured out there are two ways I can take:

1> Getting a postal order and sending my application details by courier
2> Sending the postal order and sending an email.

Please do let me know the correct process that will enable quick response from IIM Lucknow

Use google and go to the official gov website...

A lot of MBA aspirants are using RTI option to know about marks/cutoffs/criteria/etc. So, it will be good if we can use this thread for all MBA related RTI disucssions. There are a few threads for RTI which are specific for a particular exam or event. This thread, however, can be taken as overall where we can discuss variuos ways of filing RTI, update on files RTI queries, need for RTI queries etc. It will serve as a good repository and also help a lot of candidates with useful information.

In case of this suggestion being accpeted; I request mods to remane this thread to 'MBA related RTI discussions' 😃

I had filed an RTI application against IIM Bangalore last year and I got answers to all my queries. I don't know about how to file it through email but I'm writing the procedure which I followed last year.

Below is the format of a letter, that you need to get printed. Post the letter along with a postal order of Rs. 10 to the IIM's address.

To,

Central Public Information Officer
Mr. A.R.Ramesh (PIO)
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore,
Bannerghatta Road,
Bengaluru 560 076,
Karnataka State, India

Sub: Application under Right to Information Act 2005

Dear Sir,
This is with reference to the final results for admission into PGP 2011-13 declared by IIM Bangalore on April 18th, 2011. I wish to seek answers to the following queries as per the RTI act.

1. I would like to know my pre GD-PI and post GD-PI composite score with detailed break-up according to the admission policy of IIM Bangalore.

2. What is the cut-off score for final selection into PGP 2011-13 in general category?

3. How many candidates were given final selection and how many are in waiting list in general category and what is my rank?

I am enclosing a postal order of 10 Rs as the application fee.

Following are my details.

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CAT Reg no. SRxxxxxxx
Email id : [email protected]
Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Jordan13 - This information was useful as I am also planning to file an RTI to get my pre GD PI breakup for this year. Could you tell me whether the Postal Order was made payable to the Accounts Officer or should it be some other designation ?

Thanks in advance !

@cognos77 said:
@Jordan13 - This information was useful as I am also planning to file an RTI to get my pre GD PI breakup for this year. Could you tell me whether the Postal Order was made payable to the Accounts Officer or should it be some other designation ?Thanks in advance !
I don't remember exactly but I guess it should be in the name of PIO (public information officer) of the concerned IIM. Or just in the name of IIM.
@Jordan13 OK . Thanks !

Please Read

can some one tell me how to file an RTI to iit kharagpur to know my final scores... its urgent... please help... thanks