MBA(Power Management) at NationaL Power Training Institute,Faridabad

Hi All, Friends I am Praveen , a final Year student of MBA(Power) at NPTI, Faridabad. MBA(Power) is a Power sector specfic course catering to the needs to techno-commercial requirements of the sector which is evolving at rapid pace. Th…

Hi All,

Friends I am Praveen , a final Year student of MBA(Power) at NPTI, Faridabad.
MBA(Power) is a Power sector specfic course catering to the needs to techno-commercial requirements of the sector which is evolving at rapid pace.

The programme was started in 2002 and has been able achieve 100% placements for first 2 batches and even third batch of which i am part of, the 80% placements are already complete.

The main companies visiting the campus include PwC,KPMG,CARE,Tata Power,Reliance Energy etc.

The eligibility for programme is B.E or B.Tech in any discipline and for 2006-08 session entrance will be thru CAT.

So for all chaps who wish make their careers in power sector can apply for the pragramme.

For more details visit www.npti.nic.in or u can contact me at [email protected]

hi,praveen,
the last date for admission to mba power mangement is over.but the gd pi is in july.so can i apply for that now.also please tell abt the PGDC in TPPE.abt its placement etc.

thanks in advance

Hi Praveen,

This is Aseem. Presently working as a s/w engineer. Can u please tell about:
1. The match (or mismatch 😃 ) of a BTech comp sc guy in power management field. Is the cross functional qualification beneficial.
2. Is there any kind of preference given by the recruiters to electrical engineers only or do they consider everyone at par.
2. Also please tell about the median salary and, most important, the job profile (the kind of work given to the mba passouts).
3. I heard that they teach a lot of electrical engineering subjects in MBA. Even heard that "other stream" guys go nuts learning hunderds of circuit diagrams etc.. please confirm

I got called for the first batch of mba power mgmt (2002-04) but left because i was not sure of the prospects. That time they had something called PG diploma in thermal engineering and students got placed at the vidyut board/badarpur plant.

Regards
Aseem

Hi Praveen sir
Sir i am thankful 2 U that U had earlier Given me valuable Guidance 4 NPTI
well I was not optimistic about the CALL 4m NPTI {CAT-07} this time but...fortunately,,i had got a CALL 4m NPTI,,& my Sno.. is...108
but im very much,,,determined 2 Do an MBA 4m NPTI,,so if even i miss this Time i will Definately HIT with full Force & wil try 2 Convert Nxt time,,,
i ws even short listed 4,,NPTI Badarpur but un4tunately could not join it...but still aspiring 4 Future Course at NPTI

But sir now i again need u r help..as my GD + PI is scheduled on..15 April...can u plzz guide me that what all thing i do 2 At least do something this time #@ NPTI,,,{just last minute guidance}
Bolay tuu..
1)what can B Topics of GD this time,,can it b Power sector specific/ General current issues??
2) what all can B area's of concern in PI??

Any thing more can help me in GD + PI
eager 4 a reply
[email protected]
[email protected]

You have replied to a post which is 15 Months old.

Please edit the post as its against the rules of the forum to post contact details or have perosnal chit chat on your post, instead PM the concerned person.

Hi Friends,

I am back. I am delighted to see shown by shown by so many of you.

I passed out of NPTI and working in KPMG for last one and half years.The placements in NPTI have got better ever since.

As I here now average package is clsoing in at 4 lacs per annum which is bound to increase as private sector participation increases in the sector. More and more firms are coming in to the sector and looking for young , dynamic professinals who have ability to understand the nitty-gritties of the sector.

So, for all of you who have applied or about to apply for admission this year, I wish all the best. For any doubts and clarification please free to drop a mail at [email protected]

Hi Friends,

I passed out of NPTI and working in KPMG for last one and half years.The placements in NPTI have got better ever since.

As I here now average package is clsoing in at 4 lacs per annum which is bound to increase as private sector participation increases in the sector. More and more firms are coming in to the sector and looking for young , dynamic professinals who have ability to understand the nitty-gritties of the sector.

So, for all of you who have applied or about to apply for admission this year, I wish all the best. For any doubts and clarification please free to drop a mail at [email protected]

hi praveen sir !!!
i m 6th batch student of npti faridabad ....(first yr)

n for those who want 2 join npti (PM) life is gr8 here n dont worry abt d placements ...
hi praveen sir !!!
i m 6th batch student of npti faridabad ....(first yr)

n for those who want 2 join npti (PM) life is gr8 here n dont worry abt d placements ...

Are companies from Wind Sector like Vestas or Suzlon comming up there??
tallsummi Says
Are companies from Wind Sector like Vestas or Suzlon comming up there??

yes ...not d vestas's but suzlon n enercon r coming..!!
Hi Friends,

What is the required cat percentile to get into mba?

yes... i would like to know too wat was the cut off last year...........

also... i would want to know the package..........at npti.....and the profile....in the power sector....

hi sir,
iam ist yr npti mba student of 7th batch (PM),
i want to know that how companies shortlist here for campus placements.
means wat is there crietria ...

hello sir i want to know about the post graduate thermal courses of 1 year faridabad institute does.is they are beneficial in some respect or not.plz sir reply me fast as from 23 it is goin to be start

Hi All,

Friends I am Praveen , a final Year student of MBA(Power) at NPTI, Faridabad.
MBA(Power) is a Power sector specfic course catering to the needs to techno-commercial requirements of the sector which is evolving at rapid pace.

The programme was started in 2002 and has been able achieve 100% placements for first 2 batches and even third batch of which i am part of, the 80% placements are already complete.

The main companies visiting the campus include PwC,KPMG,CARE,Tata Power,Reliance Energy etc.

The eligibility for programme is B.E or B.Tech in any discipline and for 2006-08 session entrance will be thru CAT.

So for all chaps who wish make their careers in power sector can apply for the pragramme.

For more details visit www.npti.nic.in or u can contact me at [email protected]

hello sir i want to know about the post graduate thermal courses of 1 year faridabad institute does.is they are beneficial in some respect or not.plz sir reply me fast as from 23 it is goin to be start

iam interested to join MBA in Power management.
I had completed B.Tech in Electrical in Engg with 71.04%
I got 86.6 percentail in CAT.i have work exp of 20 months in software indistry.now iam getting 3.6 lakh salry in cts.
Please let me know whether can i egt the call from ntpi.
what is minium bench mark to get the call.
Sorry for askinh so many asking questions but i believe you can understand the situation.

iam interested to join MBA in Power management.
I had completed B.Tech in Electrical in Engg with 71.04%
I got 86.6 percentail in CAT.i have work exp of 20 months in software indistry.now iam getting 3.6 lakh salry in cts.
Please let me know whether can i egt the call from ntpi.
what is minium bench mark to get the call.
Sorry for askinh so many asking questions but i believe you can understand the situation.

Mini last yr was 60 for a call.You would get a call!!!

hello sir,
i have got 87.10 percentile in CAT 2008 and I have passed B.Tech in electrical engineering in 2008 with 78 percent marks.I am a fresher.
will u plz let me know will i get a call from NTPI for the M.B.A program and also plz let me know how is the placement scenario there.
i want the information as i want to pursue this mba program.plz reply.
thanx in advance

hello sir,
i have got 87.10 percentile in CAT 2008 and I have passed B.Tech in electrical engineering in 2008 with 78 percent marks.I am a fresher.
will u plz let me know will i get a call from NTPI for the M.B.A program and also plz let me know how is the placement scenario there.
i want the information as i want to pursue this mba program.plz reply.
thanx in advance

Apply for the college u'll get a call............ placement is great most of them is placed avg is 6 this year till now. it will be 100% this year too. last 5 batches are also 100% placed so placement not a problem here.