MBA or MS in finance

Hi, I am an aspirant in finance field.Can anyone tell me which is better MS in finance or MBA in finance.I have a work ex of 1.3 years.i am an electrical engineer. Also if anyone has any info on MS/MBA from netherlands or MS/MBA from luxembour…

Hi,
I am an aspirant in finance field.Can anyone tell me which is better MS in finance or MBA in finance.I have a work ex of 1.3 years.i am an electrical engineer.
Also if anyone has any info on MS/MBA from netherlands or MS/MBA from luxembourg i would really appreciate it.

Hey Buddy,
Check out this:
Its 16 months Welch MBA program with 9 months paid internship from Luxembourg:
http://www.shu.lu/Programs/Welch-MBA-with-Internship/

Any queries?? just shoot them, will certainly help you.

Good Luck !!

Hey Ank_radical,

Hope you are doing good !

I am planning to apply for MBA with Internship program in sacred heart university. I had been following up with the admissions officer but need some info from you as you are currently pursuing the program there. My profile goes like this - Currently working with Deloitte as a compensation Analyst (2.5 years) of experience

Prior to this I have done my PGDM in banking, Insurance and Financial services (2 years) with 76%
Graduation - BBM ( Marketing & HR) with 70 %
Taken toefl recently and waiting for the results.
Yet to take GMAT ..

I would want to know the chances of getting an admit from this university, I'm very keen on applying for this specific program as this gives real time learning.
The final date for admissions is April 1, my GMAT is in the last week of March, I'm afraid I cannot send the official score reports to the uni by the deadline, Is there any alternative for this ??

How are the placements for this university, especially for international applicants ?
I dont really understand about the visa requirements for this program, usually for any program in Europe the visa is issued only for that particular duration so I'm just wondering how would we get visa for this program for 3 years.

I know these questions are really basic but I'm not at all aware of this particular uni and did not get much info from online sources. would be glad if you can share this information ... Sorry for the trouble

Regards,
Swetha

Hi Ankita,

How much is the average stipend paid during internship for welch MBA with paid internship program at the John. F. welch College of business, Sacred Heart University, Luxembourg ?

Hey,

The average stipend will be around 1000 to 1200 Euros every month. So a student can have two earnings:

1. Through stipend.

2. Through 10 hrs per week part time work permit on or off the campus.

Cheers!
Ankita

great dear..

Now that u r thru with the admission, we can help you with the visa formalities. Let us know..

Regards,
Ankita
ďťż
Sacred Heart University Luxembourg will participate in the QS World MBA fair Fair in Brussels on March 21, 2013.
@ank_radical Thank you so much for your reply.I have talked to the university regarding my doubts.Could you let me know more about job scenario in luxembourg if you have any info?
@crash_and_burn Job scenario is good as comparative to other EU Countries. Luxembourg has lowest unemployment rate, higher PCI and its one of the richest countries in the world.

Once you have completed your Internship and MBA you are at a better platform as you have already worked in the country for 9 months. Along with this, University will also assist you to fetch a nice job.

Regards,

Ankita.

Introduction to Financial Statements - Free Interactive Webinar on July 13, 2013

We are organizing a free interactive webinar on 'Introduction to Financial statements'. This will be useful if you are

a) CFA Level 1 candidate or Aspirant

b) First year MBA student intending to specialize in finance

c) Engineer who wish to make a career in Financial services

d) Wanting to understand financial statements and their inter linkages

Date: July 13, 2013 Saturday

Time: 9 pm IST; 3.30 pm GMT; 10.30 am New York Time.

If interested please register in the below link

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/946469262

could someone please tell me good universities (based on my profile) that accept gmat scores for financial engineering?my gmat is next week (i have been getting 700-720 in mocks)i am an IT engineer with distinction in the final year (66% overall), n 80% in both 10th and 12th grade. have no work experience as yet (just finished with my exams two months ago). have a few certificates in math exams and in organizing various events. also what are my chances of receiving a scholarship?

could someone please tell me good universities (based on my profile) that accept gmat scores for financial engineering?my gmat is next week (i have been getting 700-720 in mocks)i am an IT engineer with distinction in the final year (66% overall), n 80% in both 10th and 12th grade. have no work experience as yet (just finished with my exams two months ago). have a few certificates in math exams and in organizing various events. also what are my chances of receiving a scholarship?

@JuliusD

You could check out Singapore Management University. We offer a number of Master's programmes in Finance such as Masters in Quantitative Finance (MQF), Masters in Applied Finance (MAF), Masters in Wealth Management (MWM). Btw, how did your GMAT go?

Hey i want to know about a job after doing mba in finance.. do we need to sit before computer full day and work?

Hello guys

I aspire to do a Masters in Financial Engg. from the US (preferably Berkeley or alikes). I am a CSE graduate and have been working as a Business Analyst for the past 2 years.

I would like to apply around August and need some Finance related certifications in hand. I am keen on taking up investment banking later so thought of CFA, but will only be able to appear for Level 1 by the time I apply(which may not add much weight to the application)

Do NSE certifications hold credentials when applying for schools in the US?

And also can you suggest some other Finance related certifications which will help me boost my profile( as I am from an Engg. background and have done only Computer Science and Linux related projects earlier during B.Tech and now am working as a Business Analyst)?