MBA (Media Management)

Hi, This is the second time I’m creating this thread. Previously, my thread was locked and I was (very kindly) directed to threads talking about “Mass Communication”. However, my query is about the managerial side of the media. I’m actu…

Hi,

This is the second time I'm creating this thread. Previously, my thread was locked and I was (very kindly) directed to threads talking about "Mass Communication". However, my query is about the managerial side of the media.

I'm actually planning to do an MBA in media management. And I've got very less idea about this line of study. The reason I'm interested in this field is because it is slightly inclined towards the creative side.

The internet gives a very hazy picture about media management. Also, I tried looking for people, over the internet, who've done a similar course but I failed to find even one.

I wanted to know as to what are the job prospects here. Getting into an MBA degree is an investment both in terms of time and money. I just want to be sure if the field is worth the investments.

All the help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

It would be very nice if anyone could move this thread to a category where it is seen by more people. It's hard to believe that nobody has a clue.

This query is of utmost urgency.

Thanks.

Hi Punkster101,

Information, Communication & Entertainment are three porential high-growth domains of the future. By this, I mean that they're poised to grow much faster than other industries in the future.

A post-graduate program in media and entertainment would certainly help you get into the creative industries in a big way. But, please note that such a program is about the 'management' and 'business' aspects of the industry. Not as much about the aesthetics and technicalities of the industry.

An MBA in Media & Entertainment would help you get into the production side of media like Film, Radio, TV, Animation & VFX etc.

There are Indian institutes offering such programs on their own. And, there are Indian institutes offering such programs with foreign degrees. Depending on what might suit you, they can either work or not work in your favor.

There's Manipal (whistling woods), Avagmah (24X7 learning) and AAT (University of Bolton). These are pretty good. Apart from this, there would be much smaller colleges and some deemed universities offering an MBA in Media & Entertainment. But they're not good unless you know exactly how to get what you want from the course.

Let me know if you need any more info!

Hi Punkster101,

Information, Communication & Entertainment are three porential high-growth domains of the future. By this, I mean that they're poised to grow much faster than other industries in the future.

A post-graduate program in media and entertainment would certainly help you get into the creative industries in a big way. But, please note that such a program is about the 'management' and 'business' aspects of the industry. Not as much about the aesthetics and technicalities of the industry.

An MBA in Media & Entertainment would help you get into the production side of media like Film, Radio, TV, Animation & VFX etc.

There are Indian institutes offering such programs on their own. And, there are Indian institutes offering such programs with foreign degrees. Depending on what might suit you, they can either work or not work in your favor.

There's Manipal (whistling woods), Avagmah (24X7 learning) and AAT (University of Bolton). These are pretty good. Apart from this, there would be much smaller colleges and some deemed universities offering an MBA in Media & Entertainment. But they're not good unless you know exactly how to get what you want from the course.

Let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks so much uleadin. That reply came as a relief. :)
Another question that I have is that what differentiates Mass communication from media management. Media management is also subdivided into AD, PR and media management. It would be very helpful if you can just give a gist about everything, so that I can research more.

Thanks again. 😃