MBA - Leicester Vs Stirling

Hi, Could you guys plz help me in taking a decision. I have got offer (MBA)from Leicester and Stirling univesity (UK) and I need to decide which one is better. I have checked a few rankings (times, guardian, independent etc) and they have diffe…

Hi,
Could you guys plz help me in taking a decision. I have got offer (MBA)from Leicester and Stirling univesity (UK) and I need to decide which one is better. I have checked a few rankings (times, guardian, independent etc) and they have different rankings each year. Some had Stirling on top during 2008 and some have Leicester on top in 2009. I am looking at the university, place/locality, research, job oppr/placements,course, value,etc. Also , doing an MBA in information technology, is that really worth ?? Looking at options like Analyst, managing IT/ database etc. Is there really scope for this. Please do respond. Many thanks in advance. Take care and All the best (whatever u do) !!!!

Antony

hi.. i have got an offer from leicester university for MBA october 2010 intake.. anyone else have got the offer... pls lemme know

//Booppathy
[email protected]

Hi,
Im Vrinda ... from Mumbai ... im planing to join Leicester Business School for an MBA for the 2010-2011 session. Is anyone else joining the same?

Hello Guys,

Congratulations to all..who have got final offers.

However..I would be Frank & would try to give you a clear picture & some Imp Points to consider for a UK MBA.

Any reasons to join these universities? These business schools are average type of schools..The present scenario in the UK is in a very bad shape.

Going & attending a UK or EU b-school is Nothing Amazing...however attending a Good & Internationally recognized/Ranked school is substantial.

See.. before finally Confirming a school..check the following things:

1. Plz try to find out the Value of its MBA in the UK/EU Market or India..(As I think..that most of you plan to work in UK/EU for few yrs & then would return back to India..or may be some of you would like to come back to India directy.)
2. School's Recruitment Statistics.
3. Average Salary offered to a Fresher
4. No of Alumni..as Alumni Networking is one of the Major charms of MBA..which would help you immensely..throughout your career.
5. The Speciality Concentration of the school (For which the b-school is know for)..like Finance, Marketing, International Business...etc.
6. Location (Located in a Big town or a County etc)
7. Internships available or not..which gives you an Opportunity to convert it into a Job!
8. ROI
9. Alumni network in India
10. Accreditation..try for Double(AMBA, EQUIS) or the Best/triple accreditaion(AMBA, EQUIS, AACSB)..which makes your MBA degree..Marketable in UK(AMBA), Europe(EQUIS) & North America (AACSB)..The UK b-schools are not well regarded in USA..except few (top ones)..so if the School doesn't have AACSB..then also its OK..but EQUIS accreditation..definitely adds-on with the AMBA accr.
11. The School should be consistently Ranked within the Top Global-100 MBAs..in the International Ranking parameters..like the FT & Economist.

See..in UK..Education is a great business..(just like in India..we see now-a-days Innumerous Private Colleges..Mushrooming-up)..so You need to be Aware..that you are NOT getting Trapped in these Money-Minting Universities/Schools.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Saurabh.

Hi...

Even i have an offer of MBA from leicester business school which is affiliated to demontfort university and not leicester university....
how is it
Plz guide me as im applying for Sep intake 2010.. different wrt the value of education and how is it goin to impact my job scenario...
Profile:
10th-ICSE-81
12TH-ISC-71
BE-IT-62
WORK EX-2.3 YEARS IN IT(WITH EXP CERTI)
6 MONTHS IN NGO(WITHOUT EXP CERTI)
NO GMAT( DO NOT INTEND TO GIVE GMAT)
URGENCY:NEED TO APPLY THIS TIME ONLY..

Moreover, i would like to work in UK for at least a year...as im going to take a loan...but i want to come back to india....will the degree be recognised here in india??

hey vrinda...how did u go thru this b b school?? n it is the de montfort univ that ur talkin about right?