MBA in US with 1 year work experience

Hi Guys, I’m new to this forum. I am a BE(CSE) 2011 pass-out. I got placed in TCS and working for the past two months. I have a habit of pre planning everything. I want to do MBA in US after a year of work experience. *Is it good to do One-Year …

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum. I am a BE(CSE) 2011 pass-out. I got placed in TCS and working for the past two months. I have a habit of pre planning everything. I want to do MBA in US after a year of work experience. Is it good to do One-Year MBA with only one year work experience ? Because I'm not financially strong to afford a 2 year program. PLEASE reply,.

Sprygal, Most b-schools prefer (though it is not an eligibility criterion) that you have atleast 2 years of work experience before you get in the MBA program - this holds true especially if your class has an average work experience of 4- 6 years, then you may not find yourself benefitting much from their experiences, as you may not be able to relate to them. Similarly, you will not add much to their learning, which can be considered a big negative at the time you apply.

US b-schools generally offer a one year accelerated MBA, which is for people who have considerable work experience and want to jump a few notches in their careers. Such a program will not be suited to your learning needs. Even though it is more expensive a two year MBA will benefit you more as it will be more spaced out, you will have the time to explore various aspects of the program, absorb more and give better direction to your career. Finances- all MBA programs offer financial aids in the forms of scholarships and loans, and paid internship opportunities, so you will have some help there.

MBA Decoder

Thanks for replying. That was very helpful. 😃