MBA in US or UK???

Hey Pals, I would like to get some ideas from you guys… I have some queries which is specific to my career options… I have 4years of experience in IT and currently working with a good indian company… I have plans to do a MBA now either in U…

Hey Pals,
I would like to get some ideas from you guys.. I have some queries which is specific to my career options..
I have 4years of experience in IT and currently working with a good indian company.. I have plans to do a MBA now either in UK or USA. I have a option where i cud study from any of scottish univ like aberdeen business school or glasgow ..but am not sure how wud be the scope of doing mba's from univs in scotland.. i heard in scotland after graduation they provide work permit very easily n u can stick on .. obviously after MBA fetching a job with good salary is important in the short term..so if i take a chance to land in scotland and do a mba from any of the good univ there?? how risky would it be??
is there any better options??? for me??
and coming to the main point..doing a mba in US or UK?? which is best?? in terms of value,cost,job placements..i am concentrating to settle myself in financial domain(since i have 4years exp. in financial industry)

rgds,
netiz

It would depend on your geographic preferences in terms of post MBA goals however MBA from US is much more well recognized and regarded across the world. In terms of cost of the MBA, UK could turn out to be cheaper especially considering the 1 yr program duration.

hi...

Well UK and US both are saturated and no 1 can guarantee job openings over there. But yeh you heard rite as in scotland now they are planning to allow work permit for 2 years after doing Masters from there. In UK you can even concentrate on university like Sterling and Birmingham as even these are Good. Also Robert Gorden is Ok. As far as cost is concerned in UK it can cost you depening on geographical location as its costliest in London and comparetively cheaper towards scottish.

Regards
Nihit.

Hey Pals,
I would like to get some ideas from you guys.. I have some queries which is specific to my career options..
I have 4years of experience in IT and currently working with a good indian company.. I have plans to do a MBA now either in UK or USA. I have a option where i cud study from any of scottish univ like aberdeen business school or glasgow ..but am not sure how wud be the scope of doing mba's from univs in scotland.. i heard in scotland after graduation they provide work permit very easily n u can stick on .. obviously after MBA fetching a job with good salary is important in the short term..so if i take a chance to land in scotland and do a mba from any of the good univ there?? how risky would it be??
is there any better options??? for me??
and coming to the main point..doing a mba in US or UK?? which is best?? in terms of value,cost,job placements..i am concentrating to settle myself in financial domain(since i have 4years exp. in financial industry)

rgds,
netiz

with US mba you get a work permit for an year, something that u dont get while studying in UK. That might be worth considering especially if most of your MBA funding (100 grand) is thru loans

UK now has an MBA provision in the HSMP (Highly Skilled Migrant Program).

HSMP is a points-based program where one with sufficient points can get one year work permit without having a job in the UK. Once you have found a job, this work-permit is extended for another 3 years after which you may apply for permanent residenceship.

Under the new MBA provision, if you do your MBA from any of the mentioned 50 univs (10 in UK and 40 outside), then you automatically qualify for HSMP. See this link for detals http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/hsmp/mba_provision.html?

./abisurd

hey!

i'm in my bba final yr........ giving cat in this nov but won't be scoring high as maths is really tough 4 me so plannin to do mba from uk or aus . but abt uk i heard there is no placement and really hard to live there after your completion without work ex +++++mba in uk is good than aus mba???????????????.... and on the other side in aus there is good placement as companies r many with less population and with less finance involved.....SO NOW ITS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO CHOOSE WAT????????????????????????? can any one let me the pros & cons of uk & aus mba.........................and wat if i get admission in top 5 university of aus and will i get a good job if i come back to india....... help needed.and is there any good college for mba in india which doesn't want CAT score???????????????????????????

thanks a lot