MBA in the heart of Europe

Dear All, I am a current student of one year International MBA program at Vlerick leuven Gent management school in Belgium. Some key highlight’s of the program are: 1. The program is placed 14th in the 2004 Economist ranking. …

Dear All,

I am a current student of one year International MBA program at Vlerick leuven Gent management school in Belgium.

Some key highlight's of the program are:

1. The program is placed 14th in the 2004 Economist ranking.

2. The MBA is one of the few programs in the world that have triple accreditions : AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.

3. The program is extremly international, with 55 students in my batch coming comprising 27 nationalities.

4. The tution fees for the MBA program is only Euros 15000 (Approx Rs 8 Lakhs)

Please see some video testimonials using this link : http://www.vlerick.be/education/mba/testimonials.htm

You can also put your queries on this thread and I would reply as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Anirban

Hey Anirbhan

Could you please tell more details about the program? Placements, student profile etc etc.

Also if you could tell how u went for that program.

Will look forward to your post!

All the best for ur stay over there 😃

Cheers :-)
Bhandari

Hi...Can you also clarify on the total expenses (fees+living) for a year ? Is there a possibility of financial aid/scholarship ?

hey anirban,

its gr8 to c someone satisfied with his decision as big as to study abroad.

can u plz elaboarate a bit more on :-

1>tution fees ( installment , time of payment )

2>living expenses (university hostel , private accomodations)

3>job prospects after this program (in the country n back in india)

4> work permit status after mba in belgium

5>how wud u compare dis program with uk mba.(coz uk mba universities are in a gr8 demand these dayz in india )

6>entry requirements

7>scholarships/studentship ,if any;

8>process of applications

9> Intake month

any othere relevant information which u feel is imp. to know..

looking forward to hear from u soon........:whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat:

Hi Bhandari,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply as I was out of station.

There are many program that the school offers. I am studying in the International MBA program, apart from these there are Masters in General management, Masters in Financial management and Masters in Marketing management.

The international MBA needs a minimum work experience of 3 years, whereas the other 3 MBA programs need less than 3 years program. The tution fees for these programs is lower too.

As far as i know, The placements for these 3 programs is great. I can put you in touch with the co-ordinator of one of these 3 programs, so that you can get more details.

If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to reply.

Thanks,
Anirban

Hey Anirbhan

Could you please tell more details about the program? Placements, student profile etc etc.

Also if you could tell how u went for that program.

Will look forward to your post!

All the best for ur stay over there 😃

Cheers :-)
Bhandari

Hi chandler,

The total expenses for the international MBA program is about 25000 euros (15000 tution + 10000 living expense for a year). However, the living expense is dependent on one's lifestyle.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Anirban

chandler Says
Hi...Can you also clarify on the total expenses (fees+living) for a year ? Is there a possibility of financial aid/scholarship ?

Hi sandeep,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply as I was out of station.

Please see the answers to your questions:

For the International MBA program for the year 2006-07, it is 15000 euros. The other 3 masters program Masters in general management, Masters in Marketing management and Masters in Financial management are much cheaper than this. You have to pay one deposit amount if offered admission and the rest before joining the program.

It honestly depends on one's lifestyle. I would say at euros 9000 to 10000 one can live comfortably. A studio rents for about 300-400 euros per month and student rooms are much cheaper at about euros 200-250. The rooms have common kitchen, shower and toilets, and the studios are independent.

Very good. However, the placements for the last years are still in progress, so i can't give u a statistics as of now.

I don't think it's a problem if you have a job.

5>how wud u compare dis program with uk mba.(coz uk mba universities are in a gr8 demand these dayz in india )
I'm sorry, i have no Idea. I didn't look for UK MBA as I wanted to specifically work in the EU and not UK.

6>entry requirements
Sorry, I didn't get this question.

Yes, there are good scholarships and my classmates have recieved scholarships.

There are 2 methods: one distance method with GMAT, TOEFL, 2 recommendations, essays and CV. The other is an on-campus method, where there will be tests at a center followed by interviews.

9> Intake month
Distance method Starts from september till March 31. The oncampus is till July i guess.

Thanks
Anirban

hey anirban,

its gr8 to c someone satisfied with his decision as big as to study abroad.

can u plz elaboarate a bit more on :-

6>entry requirements

9> Intake month

any othere relevant information which u feel is imp. to know..

looking forward to hear from u soon........:whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat:

Dear All,

I am glad to inform you all that our MBA program (Vlerick Leuven Management school) has been placed at 12th rank worldwide by economist. The link for the same is http://mba.eiu.com/index.asp?layout=2002rankings&rank;_category_id=20000002&region;_id=&x;=36&y;=11

I would like to encourage all of the prospective applicants to consider vlerick for their MBA. I am glad that i did.

Thanks,
Anirban

Dear Anirban,
I am having abt 3.5yrs Exp in TCS,a reputed company and have got good grads..
I am planning to take GMAT in the next month and like to apply to Vlerick Leuven Management school.
Do you have any idea abt the cut off score and some more details of the living conditions over there..I heard that cost of living is very high compared to UK and USA...
thanks,
bhaskar

Dear All,

I am glad to inform you all that our MBA program (Vlerick Leuven Management school) has been placed at 12th rank worldwide by economist. The link for the same is http://mba.eiu.com/index.asp?layout=2002rankings&rank;_category_id=20000002&region;_id=&x;=36&y;=11

I would like to encourage all of the prospective applicants to consider vlerick for their MBA. I am glad that i did.

Thanks,
Anirban

Dear Bhaskar,

Thanks for your interest in the program and I would encourage you to apply for the program.

I am not sure about the cut for GMAT because the college hasn't released the batch profile yet. However, my guess is that it would be around 650. My GMAT score was 660.

3.5 Years is a good experience for our program (minimum required experience is 3 years). However, as the program is getting competetive each year, i would recommend you to apply as soon as possible (the admission is on a first-come-first-serve) basis.

I have lived in US for 2 years, so I can say you would need about the same or a bit higher compared to US. However, the tution fees of the program is only 15000 euros for next year, that is lower than most top institutes (including ISB). The living standards are very good and i am enjoying everyday. If you love beer, choclates and french fries, this is the place in the world to be 😃 !

Anirban

Dear Anirban,
I am having abt 3.5yrs Exp in TCS,a reputed company and have got good grads..
I am planning to take GMAT in the next month and like to apply to Vlerick Leuven Management school.
Do you have any idea abt the cut off score and some more details of the living conditions over there..I heard that cost of living is very high compared to UK and USA...
thanks,
bhaskar

Hi Everyone,

MBA fair is going to happen in India on below dates. Vlerick would also be a part of this fair. our MBA program director, Peter Rafferty, will be representing vlerick in this venue.

NEW DELHI Saturday 26 MBA
NEW DELHI Sunday 27 MASTERS
HYDERABAD Tuesday 29 MBA
HYDERABAD Wednesday 30 MASTERS
BANGALORE Thursday 1 MBA
BANGALORE Friday 2 MASTERS
MUMBAI (Bombay) Saturday 3 MBA
MUMBAI (Bombay) Sunday 4 MASTERS

If you are interested, I recommend you to go for this event if you are planning to apply. Don't hesitate to ask him questions about the program. For Information about the venues, you can visit www.topmba.com

Thanks,
Anirban

How bout solvay school of business ?

Is this B School in Belgium or Germany??
And the dates are for which month??

hi friends,

i will also be applying to foreign B schools this year. Till now i have not shortlisted the schools, but after going thru this forum i think i will have a look at the European programs also. will really need ur help anirban with this. wil mail u soon.

HI am79mba1 vbmenu_register("postmenu_307937", true); ,

I was wondering if you could help me with some inputs about how good the college is for Investment Banking & how good are the placement in this profession ????

Thankx
Azeem

Hi All,
This is my research on Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.

Though it appears on the Economist site ... surprisingly other reputed Rankings like FT Rankings, BW rankings and US news rankings completely forgot about it! I agree that these rankings are Pro American and they forgot our very own IIMA too :)

However FT ranks this school among the top EMBA schools ... at 43rd rank ... but never in the full time MBA ratings
http://rankings.ft.com/rankings/customProgrammes/rankings.html

Even their site says this:
"We are proud to be the highest ranked Belgian Full-time MBA (EIU - The Economist) and the N 1 Executive Education provider in the Financial Times Rankings."
--- read carefuly words can be decieving here!

Again they have ...

"According to The Economist our Full-time MBA programme is N 1 in BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg)."

which is little difficult to buy ... with schools like RSM Erasmus University and University of Bradford/Universiteit Nimbas being in that zone! And I couldnt find any proof of this on the net ... all said and given is in the school site only

There is only one 'MBA' course there ..... the International MBA ... and others are only Masters in Marketing, Masters in finance etc. ... Which is again ok .... it depends on the varsity to give whichever degree it wants ... but how come for the international course its 'MBA' and not for others

The school site doesnt talk much about placements ....

Here is another aspect .... See the BW profile of the school
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/01/full_time_profiles/vlerick.htm

Now the plus point is its a really old school! 1968 established .... but see the number of enrolments for Full time Course! and 80 - 90% international students!

With all these points i didnt try to put down the college .... It sure is the Best college in Belgium and even our IIMs are lacking the much deserved international recognition!!

But even most of the things Anirban said are from the school site directly .... we are getting very little to read from other places!

We have also some first hand info from Anirban..... and he claims he is satisfied ... which is good!

But still we would like to have some more info on this ..... before we decide to take all the pains of getting the Admit!

@Anirban - Can you provide us with some pointer to aluminus at India if possible ... so that we can arrange a meet up!

Also the dates of the MBA fair are in which Month?? I could get little from this schedule!

NEW DELHI Saturday 26 MBA
NEW DELHI Sunday 27 MASTERS
HYDERABAD Tuesday 29 MBA
HYDERABAD Wednesday 30 MASTERS
BANGALORE Thursday 1 MBA
BANGALORE Friday 2 MASTERS
MUMBAI (Bombay) Saturday 3 MBA
MUMBAI (Bombay) Sunday 4 MASTERS