MBA in the entertainment sector

Hey guys, I recently gave my GMAT and scored a 680. Verbal - 34 and Math - 49. While i have 2 yrs of expereience with Cognizant, an IT firm, I’m looking for a drastic career shift. I wannt a future in the Entertainment industry- A record labe…

Hey guys,

I recently gave my GMAT and scored a 680. Verbal - 34 and Math - 49. While i have 2 yrs of expereience with Cognizant, an IT firm, I'm looking for a drastic career shift. I wannt a future in the Entertainment industry- A record label to be more precise.

I've been doing quite some research and managed to come up with the following Grad schools

1. NYU
  2. UCLA
  3. USC
  4. UC Irvine
  5. Emory
Ideally the first 3 aare the ones i would most like to get into. Considering NYU and UCLA are one of the best, I want to know what my chances are for USC. Although USC is very good as well, they have a course tailor made for me. I've been working rigorously on my essays and think i've done a pretty good job. I wrote them myself as i feel i can make a stronger case if i can portray how pasionate i am about getting into the music industry.

My other credentials are'nt too bad either. Scored 85% , 95%, 67% in 10th , 12th and college respectively (B.E - CSE from Anna University). Have 2 yrs work ex and although have'nt yet been promoted i'm part of the the Business Development Taskforce in my project (the Dow Jones account) and the Quality Taksforce as well. Recently became On Call Manager as well for the account being just a Programmer Analyst within the orgainzation. I've put all this and more.

I aslo work part time on weekends for a record label in Chennai.

Realistically do i have a shot at USC and the others?

Any of you with ideas on other grad schools with similar courses. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.