MBA in Power Management- NPTI FBD

*National Power Training Institute- Faridabad (NCR,Delhi) :: National Power Training Institute (NPTI),is an National apex body under ministry of power ,Govt of India. It has emerged as one of the premier management institute that cater to…

National Power Training Institute- Faridabad (NCR,Delhi)

National Power Training Institute (NPTI),is an National apex body under ministry of power ,Govt of India. It has emerged as one of the premier management institute that cater to the growth of power sector.

The MBA in Power management run by CAMPS (center for advance management & power studies) exclusively catering to the managerial skill development needs of the power sector professionals. It has provided Power Managers in Indian power sector who take on issues from both technical & management perspectives.

The curriculum focuses on 70 % general Management & 30 % on the power sectors specific issues. For the last 5 batches it has placed 100% students in different power sector related organisation including consultancies including Big Four.

The students taking here admissions are from various technical field with some experience in power sector. They are provided with lots of guest faculties from FMS,IIFT,DU,IIT KGP,XIMB etc. The interaction with the power professionals like CMD's of NHPC,NTPC,Power Grid,SAIL etc are very common . List also includes VP's and Top notch professionals from RIL,PwC,IL&FS;,BHEL,DTL,BSES,NDPL ,USAID, DRUM are few to name.

There are also some guest lectures from International working professional from NORDPOOL, USAID (DRUM) .

Admissions for 2009-2011 are on last date is 25th feb.

Please visit Together in Pursuit of Excellence...:new_scatter:

Or contact

Sachin Bhardwaj
MBA-Power Management
Final Year,6th Batch

[email protected]

Hi,
Can you let us know what was the cutoff last year?

Hi buddy,
the last year final cutoff was 73 percentile but that guy was having three yrs of work ex in Tata projects. Rest u can take it as 78 or so . If u are having work ex that would ease ur chance and req of score.

Keep rocking!!!

hi do they consider sectionals or just overall...whats the weightage for work ex....

hey dear,
There is no sectional cutoffs kind of thing here. the main thing is 70% of your CAT percentile and 30% of your performance in GD & PI. If you have a good score and then you perform well in GD & PI you are through. And if you are having work ex in Power sector that will be an added advantage. Your relevant work ex could ease of the cut off criteria in final selection. But not in initial stages, getting shortlisted for GD Π.

hey dear,
There is no sectional cutoffs kind of thing here. the main thing is 70% of your CAT percentile and 30% of your performance in GD & PI. If you have a good score and then you perform well in GD & PI you are through. And if you are having work ex in Power sector that will be an added advantage. Your relevant work ex could ease of the cut off criteria in final selection. But not in initial stages, getting shortlisted for GD &PI.;

thanx a lot for the info....
drabir_g Says
thanx a lot for the info....

Hey kindly thank if ur satisfied with the reply!!!!

hi sachin,
please post the latest available placement statistics..
like Highest sal... lowest sal.. median sal....etc.
it would be of great help to take an informed decision.

thanks buddy.

thank you very much .............

i saw that the counseling is on 20th april
however i will have to face my final semester xamination on those days
i have 90%ile in cat should i go for the power management i m an electrical engineer(to be)
pls reply thnx in advance

i saw that the counseling is on 20th april
however i will have to face my final semester xamination on those days
i have 90%ile in cat should i go for the power management i m an electrical engineer(to be)
pls reply thnx in advance

HI
I'M also in my final sem.i am in mechanical engg. do u know about the cutoffs of npti for mba in power management?????????
thnx in advance
Hi,
My cat %ile is 87.1 with 2.5 yrs of work ex in the IT industry.do I stand a chance of getting a call for gd/pi if I applywill my work exp in an industry which is not power sector be a problem??
One of my friend is having 59.xx %ile in cat but he had attended the O&M; training from NPTI, Bangaloredoes he stand any chance of getting a gd-pi call??
Hi,
My cat %ile is 87.1 with 2.5 yrs of work ex in the IT industry.do I stand a chance of getting a call for gd/pi if I applywill my work exp in an industry which is not power sector be a problem??
One of my friend is having 59.xx %ile in cat but he had attended the O&M; training from NPTI, Bangaloredoes he stand any chance of getting a gd-pi call??

@tkm47
Your will get a call for GD/PI,but not ur frnd . Coz last year it was 60+ .Chances are few.But dont loose hope !!!! Work Ex will not be a problem for sure.
@tkm47
Your will get a call for GD/PI,but not ur frnd . Coz last year it was 60+ .Chances are few.But dont loose hope !!!! Work Ex will not be a problem for sure.

Hi Sachin, which good colleges offer MBA in power management through correspondence course? If you any such institute, that will be very helpful....
piyushpth Says
Hi Sachin, which good colleges offer MBA in power management through correspondence course? If you any such institute, that will be very helpful....

There is no such institute in india which offers correspondence course. U can go for ex MBA from MDI which is of 1 yr.
@tkm47

Sachin brother,

whats the latest placement update, last update was that 25% batch was placed, whats the latest scene??????
Sachin brother,

whats the latest placement update, last update was that 25% batch was placed, whats the latest scene??????

Batch is 70% placed and upto nw avg is 6Lacs.
definitely going to apply for NPTI faridabad
since electrical is my field as well.
placements looks so good and fee is low at least compare to other.
seniors please guide us regularly
thnxx
:angel::angel::angel::angel:
definitely going to apply for NPTI faridabad
since electrical is my field as well.
placements looks so good and fee is low at least compare to other.
seniors please guide us regularly
thnxx
:angel::angel::angel::angel:

Sure dear we are always here for you!!!