Mba in nit rourkela

can anyone say me what was the cutoff percentile of cat in nit rourkela, one of my friend went there but didnot get chance to admit there, is it true that only nit rourkela accept b.tech having 65% for mba, and there are only 15 seats, if it is tr…

can anyone say me what was the cutoff percentile of cat in nit rourkela, one of my friend went there but didnot get chance to admit there, is it true that only nit rourkela accept b.tech having 65% for mba, and there are only 15 seats, if it is true than it is really tough for anyone to get there, i am presently working in wipro, keen to take admission there as i am b.tech graduate,is they will count job experience, please anybody help me.......:shocked:

mpandey2050 Says
can anyone say me what was the cutoff percentile of cat in nit rourkela, one of my friend went there but didnot get chance to admit there, is it true that only nit rourkela accept b.tech having 65% for mba, and there are only 15 seats, if it is true than it is really tough for anyone to get there, i am presently working in wipro, keen to take admission there as i am b.tech graduate,is they will count job experience, please anybody help me.......:shocked:

Hello

It's true getting a seat here can be tough as there are only 15 General seats. NIT also counts on experience. Yes ,strictly it asks for a CUT OFF marks of 65% in B.TECH and is only open to Engineering grads. Being the 1st batch it didn't have a strict CAT cut off percentile but students having high percentile in GMAT and CAT had applied and they have been selected also. Next yr onwards they would be following the strict criteria of only CAT,XAT applicants. I wish u luck. Gud if u get in.
Plz feel free to ask for further queries
MBA(1ST YR)
NIT@RKL

@mpandey2050 I think you should not restrict yourself to only one B-School If u are doing so...Give CAT and other B school exams and see whats best u can get.and register yourself for Mocks also will help u a lot.

Anyways as u are new to Pagalguy we : u!!

I hope u know "Search" option is there for searching relevant threads,first search for a existing thread before opening a new thread ...For NIT Rourkela there is no thread going on so u could successfully open a new thread.

@ annie03 Thanks for the information. 😃 I think we can make this an official thread for NIT Rourkela. 😃

hi...i m a btech final year student, i secured 74%ile in CAT this year. I had an aggregate of 63.5% till pre-finals....plz tell me my chances at nit rourkela....shud i apply for the it??

user66 Says
hi...i m a btech final year student, i secured 74%ile in CAT this year. I had an aggregate of 63.5% till pre-finals....plz tell me my chances at nit rourkela....shud i apply for the it??

Ya u can apply but it's open to only B.TECH people n with 6.5 cgpa....So i guess 63.5 will be a problem

is it the same for all nits??
nit hamirpur also has mba prog.....wat are the cut offs for nits??

is it the same for all nits??
nit hamirpur also has mba prog.....wat are the cut offs for nits??

This might help... :thumbsup:

www.nitrkl.ac.in

if you want to details about mba in nit rourkela then go to the wesite mba nit rourkela. this webpage is maintained by students of mba department of nit rourkela.

mba nit rourkela
http://mbanitr.blogspot.com/.u'll know d deatils of nit rourkela

Im interested in joining NIT rourkela, does anyone know the details for the admission (like when do they call for application, fees etc). I will like to talk to a guy who is pursuing MBA there. All i know is there are 2 sits for ST and a minimum of 6.5 cpga or 60% in engg. for application. Can someone plz confirm, is that CGPA criteria relaxed a bit for ST guys.

I have 6.37 cgpa frm iit kgp and 96.53 percentile in CAT. is there any chance ?

Thanks jhavikash, but i want to join Nit rkl. Reason being, Im from rkl and i have health issue. Its not that i cant do it from somewhere else, just want to do it here so that i can keep a check on my health also. Moreover there will be someone around to take care if I fall, outside I have to look after myself and I have been through enough to know that I cant take care of myself when health goes south.

i see that there are lot of queries posted regarding mba@nitrkl. being a small batch as well as running short of time almost everyday due packed classes and activitiy session we are bit late in posting replies to your queries. i being a 1st year student of SOM NIT rkl take this opportunity to give you some insight about the SOM of nit rkl. being just 3 year old department one may not find the atmosphere of any top b school but culture adopted here is no less than any top 10 b schools of india. study curriculum is very rigorous, hence internet and computer should be your best friend else one may not cope up to the kind and level of assignment, projects, case studies and simulation tasks assigned to you here. faculties here are very qualified and experienced still very co-operative and understanding, therefore they take care of this fact that students are not idle or out of task at any point of time. they never miss any chance to keep you engage, hence keep loading sometime overloading you with different assignments. i admit there are some lacunae also at other side of the coin like limited faculty members there fore they ruin your saturday and sunday with guest lecture classes. course fee is on higher side as compared to other nits and yes selection criteria is not very tough but still it's difficult to get a seat because of only 15 sits in general category. last but not the least regarding placements as only 1st batch has passed out with 70% of their batch placed in some PSUs. so we may not expect any big conglomerate or big blue chip companies to visit for recruitment for 2nd batch still some medium scale companies have already confirmed their participation this year. so overall mba@nit may not seem very promising, however being the 5th best university of india, the day is not far when this institute will be known for its MBA curriculum.

Hi
What is the min CAT score required to get into NIT ? Do they have any state domicile quota?Are they accepting CMAT scores?
My profile :
Xth-72
XIIth-61
B.tech-7.2
Work exp- 4 + ( In Biopharmaceutical sector)
What are my chances of getting through wit dis kind of profile?

nothing sort of domicile matters in selection for MBA programme. what matters is a decent percentile in CAT, though last year some students have taken admission through MAT, definitely good communication skills and obviously good percentage in 10th and 12th. you profile luks suitable, rest depends on your communication capability.

hi...my profile
X-72.40(cbse board)
Xii-67.00(state board)
B.tech -75
Cat 50% (Got 50%tile in both sections)
Work ex total 30 months.
Work ex 6 months in a NBFC as a Management trainee
Work ex 24 months in a IT company.
NC-OBC.... My chances???

@amit you have decent chances rest depends on your performances in GD/PI.

@suj2cool : What is the placement Secne????????
NC OBC
CAT 2012
OA: 64.29%ILE

QA: 66.38%ILE

VA/LR : 61.86%ILE

B.TECH CSE(2013)
10TH: 67%
12TH: 60%
B.TECH : 66% (UPTO 6TH SEM)
AND A VERY STRONG EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES.
PLEASE REPLY HURRY
any chance??