MBA in CUHK official admissions thread

CUHK - Official admissions thread

This is the official thread for prospective CUHK MBA aspirants for 2013 hosted by the current students.

I would be happy to answer queries related to our experience at CUHK MBA. But I would not be able to provide any comments on the possibility of someone getting selected by looking at the profiles so please avoid posting your profiles on this thread. “Profile questions will NOT be addressed.”
I will host this thread till May end (2013) but please bear with us for around 24-48hrs to reply to your queries.
I would encourage you to visit the School website (http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/index.asp) to get most updated information on admissions deadlines, process, GMAT range and class profile, etc.

Here is an overview of my experience in CUHK till now:-
The flexibility and the options that the course offers at CUHK is just tremendous, also the course is designed so that you never get burdened with the studies, & you have ample time to do several different activities.
The best thing is that the class is really diverse in terms of work background as well as Countries, and this really increases your learning experience, knowing about their cultures and work life.
Almost all the activities and clubs in the school are done by the students, so it really gives us a lot of flexibility in organizing things, whether its networking events, sports activities, industrial visits & even parties. I'm personally involved in three clubs, Director in the CSR committee, VP in the Entrepreneurship club and the Founder for the Marketing club. I wanted to be involved in all the action in the school.

Here are some key facts about the program:
• CUMBA is the oldest MBA programs offered in whole of Asia (since 1963), great legacy, and has an established and a really big alumni network (around 25000 worldwide).
·Mission of the school is to “Develop global business leaders with an Asian outlook for this remarkable Asian Century.”
·Our Class size is around 70 people with diverse backgrounds.
Ranked 28th as per latest FT rankings, 4th in career progression, 5th in salary percentage increase and 9th in aims achieved in the world
• Most of the faculty members hold Doctorates or have strong industry experience which provides us broader perspective on business and management.
·CUHK gives real importance to learn the Chinese outlook to business, and you can also take up the concentration as 'China business' to learn more about china.
• The Indian students in the current batch have backgrounds ranging from consulting, financial services, IT, accounting.

This thread is managed by Vaibhav (current student) & MBA office. MBA office will only be taking specific questions related to the admission procedure, rest of the questions will be taken up by me.

Cheers,
Vaibhav

Hello,
I am a prospective student for CUHK and am planning to apply by Nov end (the first deadline). I am really interested pursue marketing as a career and want to learn more about the Chinese and HK culture by talking and interacting with people.
I have around 5 years experience as a Business Analyst with Accenture and have a GMAT score of around 640.

I am not asking to evaluate my profile but just wanted to know whether the above features along with some leadership stints can fetch me a call.

Also, I am currently pursuing Business level Mandarine course, will that help me in getting through.

It would be great if you can help me out.

Hello!
Can you please advise how long it takes to review the application after the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Vaibhav,

Great initiative, I am Saurabh from China and i just received an interview mail. Its scheduled on the 15th . Looking forward.

Cheers!
@JohnBr did u give your interview allready?
@koolguitarist Congrats for the interview call.. all the best.. !!
@JohnBr
@JohnBr said:
Hello!Can you please advise how long it takes to review the application after the interview?Thanks in advance!
It normally takes around 2 weeks to 4 weeks for the MBA office to get back with the result. Depends on a lot of factors. Have you applied to CUHK in the early round...?
CUHK Face to Face Interview in India:
The Administrative Director (Marketing and Student Recruiting), Mr. Lawrence Chan is going to Mumbai and New Delhi for face to face interview.
Please kindly pencil down the date as follows:
In-person Interview at New Delhi
Dec 4 , 2012 (Tue)
In-person Interview at Mumbai
Dec 6 , 2012 (Thu)
Requirements:
1. Submit your application on or before Nov 20th, 2012 (Hong Kong Time) on our Online Application System: mbaonline.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/...
2. Only selected candidates are invited for admission interview by Nov 30th, 2012.

@reviliant said:
Hello, I am a prospective student for CUHK and am planning to apply by Nov end (the first deadline). I am really interested pursue marketing as a career and want to learn more about the Chinese and HK culture by talking and interacting with people.I have around 5 years experience as a Business Analyst with Accenture and have a GMAT score of around 640.I am not asking to evaluate my profile but just wanted to know whether the above features along with some leadership stints can fetch me a call.Also, I am currently pursuing Business level Mandarine course, will that help me in getting through.It would be great if you can help me out.
@reviliant The best suggestion that i can give you is to apply and hope for the best (to get an admission). I have seen a wide range of GMAT scores and work experiences in my class, official data can be taken from the school website. I'm pursuing Marketing & Entrepreneurship as my concentrations. Hong kong is a nice mix of the eastern and the western cultures, so you will be able to meet and interact people from a lot of different parts of the world as well as people from china, this really enhances the learning experience. As you have stated that you have a good knowledge of Mandarin, this is a nice thing that you can highlight in the application. All the best..!!
@CUHKMBA2013 said:
@koolguitarist Congrats for the interview call.. all the best.. !!
thanks, I hope to see you at CUHK some day
@CUHKMBA2013 Hello,
Do you suggest me to apply with 640. Have a lot of work related achievements but was a bit skeptic about the score. What do you suggest.......I will complete the application and submit it then

Hi Folks, Just joined this forum and looking forward to informative discussion ahead.

I have submitted my application on 29 October and my interview is scheduled for 6 Dec.

Cheers
Manish

@manish2387 congrats manish! Can you share your profile? And what sort of prep are you doing for the interview?
@reviliant
@reviliant said:
@CUHKMBA2013 Hello, Do you suggest me to apply with 640. Have a lot of work related achievements but was a bit skeptic about the score. What do you suggest.......I will complete the application and submit it then
Hi,

Yeah you should definitely go ahead and submit your application.. :)
@koolguitarist Yes, I was interviewed at the end of Oct. still waiting for the result..
@JohnBr any updates on the result?
@koolguitarist No( nothing yet
@koolguitarist How was your interview btw? Have you got the result already?
@JohnBr interview was very fun i should say. I havent got any result as yet, how was yours?

Hi folks, I have got my interview call today......scheduled it on 6th Dec, Mumbai (F2F)....any prior experience about the interview will be very helpful 😃