MBA in 2011

Hello I have been working for two years and now am in a managerial role in the company. I am planning to get an MBA next year. For the same, GMAT is scheduled in July so that I have appropriate time to work on my applications. I have just …

Hello

I have been working for two years and now am in a managerial role in the company. I am planning to get an MBA next year. For the same, GMAT is scheduled in July so that I have appropriate time to work on my applications.
I have just started the preparations.

Please advice me so that I get admitted in a good B-School.

wrong thread

Dear username111:

I have recommended this to other users because these resources were a lot of help to me when I began studying:

www.MBA.com: 2 Official GMAT Exams from GMAC, the makers of the GMAT
Test Prep Online for GMAT, LSAT, and SAT Exams with Knewton 1 free GMAT exam
GMAT Prep Courses ManhattanGMAT 1 free GMAT exam
GMAT 2minutePrep GMAT Questions For $20, you can sign up for a 6 month GMAT program

I also recommend the ManhattanGMAT Prep Books, as well as the Kaplan 800 book.

Feel free to reach out if I can be of more help,

-Anurag

rahul_nitc Says
wrong thread

Sorry for that.
Dear username111:

I have recommended this to other users because these resources were a lot of help to me when I began studying:

www.MBA.com: 2 Official GMAT Exams from GMAC, the makers of the GMAT
Test Prep Online for GMAT, LSAT, and SAT Exams with Knewton 1 free GMAT exam
GMAT Prep Courses ManhattanGMAT 1 free GMAT exam
GMAT 2minutePrep GMAT Questions For $20, you can sign up for a 6 month GMAT program

I also recommend the ManhattanGMAT Prep Books, as well as the Kaplan 800 book.

Feel free to reach out if I can be of more help,

-Anurag

Sure. I already have most of these notes. I dont about LSAT.Is that the same thing for what is used for American Law Exams?

Are you in Delhi?

Just concentrate on your english .. for my case TIME material and classroom coaching did the trick.. Maths in GMAT has always been easy.For egnlish - Books like Kaplan and GMAT Review are enough preparation

How much time did it take for you to get prepared. I have not been learning anything for past 2 years and the studying shifts is gruesome. I guess, with time, I'd be able to put in more hours.

How much did you score?

hello friend.
iam a mechanical engineer from Mumbai.Working in a Power Company since a year.I plan to take my GMAT somwhere in august 2011.

How can I help you?

username111 Says
How can I help you?

Thanks for the concern...I have not yet started my studies.Currently m gathering as much as info as possible so that i can study in a systematic manner.
Plz let me know the book stores in Mumbai from where I can get GMAt books like,Kapla,Manhattan,Princeton review.
today i will be cheking some storesi Dadar West

No idea where you can ge your books from. I got the latest editions froma friend of mine.

I am into almost 20 days studies. Hoping to give it at July end.

Lets see where my prep takes me.

@username111

My 2 cents - you can refer to MGMAT guides for verbal also GMAT official guide - verbal review is of good help.

Hi Username111,

If you are just starting to study for the GMAT, here are the steps you should take (this is from an earlier post I made):

Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of messages from people who are just beginning to study for the GMAT asking me what the first steps they should take are. I thought the following might help those who are just beginning to study for the GMAT. The following is from my own experiences, but I have spoken to other GMAT tutors who have given similar advice:

In the beginning of your studies, you should do the following:

1. Sign up for the GMAT at www.mba.com;: I found that when you actually set a date to take the exam, it forces you to get serious about studying. When I was studying for the GMAT, I kept a calendar and marked the days until the exam. It really helped me to focus knowing that I had already paid the deposit for the GMAT.

2. Make sure to take an official practice exam as soon as you begin studying (you can get 2 free official exams at www.mba.com). You should know what type of score you are getting right now (550, 600, 650, etc..) and how many points you need to get to your goal. This practice exam will also help you get accustomed to the exam.

After you have done this, the following are important steps:

1. Purchase the Official Guide to the GMAT (from the makers of the GMAT). This has 300 real GMAT questions and is one of the most important books for GMAT test takers. You can purchase it basically anywhere and I highly recommend it.

2. Purchase a really good prep book to learn about strategy for taking the exam; I would recommend the Manhattan GMAT books or Kaplan 800. These books will teach you the strategy to beating critical reading questions, and strategies such as back solving for math questions. There are specific strategies on how to beat certain questions, and these books are really helpful in teaching those strategies.

3. Look to spend 4 days a week for 30 minute sessions (not including Sunday) on taking GMAT questions (I liked GMAT 2minutePrep GMAT Questions because it sent me an email every day with gmat questions, but you can also use the Official GMAT guide.) It is really important that you become familiar with the GMAT questions. As GMAC, the official maker of the GMAT, says, the best way to improve your score is through practice questions.

4. Every Sunday, look to take a full length GMAT exam (you can get 2 free ones at www.mba.com and you can get 1 free one at Test Prep Online for GMAT, LSAT, and SAT Exams with Knewton and GMAT Prep Courses ManhattanGMAT).

First though, make sure to sign up for the GMAT and then take a full practice exam so you know what score you currently have and how much you want to improve for your goal.

Please feel free to reach out if I can be of more help.

-Anurag

hi everyone..

i've already taken my GMAT
planning to apply to some of the b schools in US.
hope i get few friends who are planning to apply for fall 2011.

@username111

My 2 cents - you can refer to MGMAT guides for verbal also GMAT official guide - verbal review is of good help.

Thanks for the advice man. Im already into them. They are the basics. Cant ever miss them.

Thanks again
hi everyone..

i've already taken my GMAT
planning to apply to some of the b schools in US.

my profile
GMAT 660/4.5
TOEFL yet to be taken
work ex. 3 yrs by july2011
acads good
ext cur. good

hope i get few friends who are planning to apply for fall 2011.

I am trying to apply for the same. I am trying to give my GMAT at the end of July. Which all schools have you shortlisted? What knida filed are you looking to get into after your MBA?

i heard u will get all these book near churchgate station. they sell these book in cheap rate.

jignesh_1 Says
i heard u will get all these book near churchgate station. they sell these book in cheap rate.

Whats up @jignesh_1? Are you preparing for GMAT or have you taken the GMAT already?

Hi Guys,
I am in Europe and planning for GMAT (for B School in India). Currently working as Project Manager with one top 3 IT co in India.
Preparation: I bought OG (Maths/Verbal). I was also planning to order IMS correspondence cource material, any feeback /advice.