Mba@iitk Admission07

All those who are interested to know more about mba@iitk can post their queries here.Feel free to ask anything related to MBA-IITK. Our batch will try best to answer your questions. So start shooting… Deepak Jethlia MBA-Batch of…

All those who are interested to know more about mba@iitk can post their queries here.Feel free to ask anything related to MBA-IITK. Our batch will try best to answer your questions.

So start shooting........

Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
IIT Kanpur

sir can u tell us till which rank does iitk gives calls ????
i have air 2038. i am a fresher

hi

my AIR 1095..

1.5 years of work ex..

do i stand a chance in iit k??

wat was d last rank called last year??

Hi Deepak..
thank u for taking an intitiave.
I got a rank of 1651 in jmet.

Work Exp - 36 months (with this month)
Working as a Research Associate for a Central Govt Org.

X - 80.67%
XII - 80.8%
B TECH (MECH) - 65.7%

Can u pls tell me my chances with IIT-K?
When the GD/PI will be held?

Pls respond for these queries
Thank You

hi

my AIR 1095..

1.5 years of work ex..

Very much
I remember one of friend giving the GD/PI of IIT - K last yr. He got an AIR of 1289/1984, don't remember exactly. Urs is better than both of them.
If other things are not bad (like acads etc.), u stand a very good chance.
Start preparing for GD/PI
All The Best
Very much
I remember one of friend giving the GD/PI of IIT - K last yr. He got an AIR of 1289/1984, don't remember exactly. Urs is better than both of them.
If other things are not bad (like acads etc.), u stand a very good chance.
Start preparing for GD/PI
All The Best

I am getting VA-17.50, LR-18.75,QA-9.50,DI-14.75. Overall 60.50, AIR 1200, Work ex 15 months in Infosys. any chances of getting IITK?
All those who are interested to know more about mba@iitk can post their queries here.Feel free to ask anything related to MBA-IITK. Our batch will try best to answer your questions.
Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
IIT Kanpur

Hi IITK seniors,
Can u please brief us 'bout the placement there? What are the avg and Highest salary offered this year?
I am getting VA-17.50, LR-18.75,QA-9.50,DI-14.75. Overall 60.50, AIR 1200, Work ex 15 months in Infosys. any chances of getting IITK?
Please reply!!
Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
IIT Kanpur

Hi Deepak...That's a nice initiative there...:)
Can u tell us what were the last ranks to be admitted to IIT K last year in both fresher n work ex category?

Also, what things are generally stressed upon in the candidates selected?
JMET 2007 Registration Number: 310225
Name: VAIBHAV GARG
All India Rank: 2306
Section I Marks: 13.75
Section II Marks: 20
Section III Marks: 6.25
Section IV Marks: 15.75
Overall Marks: 55.75
X-88%
XII-88.6%
B Tech. from NSIT-78.34%
do i hav any chances in any IIT
please reply
hi

my AIR 1095..

1.5 years of work ex..

lastyear..freshers of rank till 1600 were called for the gd/pi.
not sure about the last rank for ppl with work-ex.

i got a rank of 2573 in jmet 2007
i have a work ex of 17months as on 31 Dec 2006...
can i expect a call from iit-kanpur??

hi,
my scores in JMET are :

section I:18.75
section II:18.75
Section III:5
Section IV:17.5
Total :60
Overall rank : 1289

Have 6 months exp in INFOSYS.
10th:89.33
12th:97.08
BE EEE:79.3

what are my chances in IIT K?

Thanking you,
karthik

Karthik,

Your chance of getting a call is mostly depends upon your clearing the cutoffs in all sections otherwise your rank is good enough to deserve a call from IITK if no individaul cutoffs are considerd

Deepak Jethlia
MBA batch of 2008

Hi IITK seniors,
Can u please brief us 'bout the placement there? What are the avg and Highest salary offered this year?
Please reply!!

Your distribution of marks in all the sections looks reasonable and given your work ex of 15 months you can expect a call from IITK MBA programme.

This season MBA programme has seen excellent placements. Avg salary is 7+ lakhs. Information regarding placements viz. salary, breakup of sectors and other relevant data will be uploaded on website shortly.

Deepak Jethlia
MBA, Iyr,IITK
lastyear..freshers of rank till 1600 were called for the gd/pi.
not sure about the last rank for ppl with work-ex.

As you have not given the break-up of your marks so it is difficult to have any stand on your question still I would say that your rank should be called for GD/PI if IITK follows the trend of last year. But as this year JMET explicitly mentions about individual sectional cutoffs so I expect that will play a vital in sending calls.

Cheers!
Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
hi

my AIR 1095..

1.5 years of work ex..

As you have not given the break-up of your marks so it is difficult to have any stand on your question still I would say that your rank should be called for GD/PI if IITK follows the trend of last year. But as this year JMET explicitly mentions about individual sectional cutoffs so I expect that will play a vital in sending calls.

Cheers!

Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
sir can u tell us till which rank does iitk gives calls ????
i have air 2038. i am a fresher

As per the last year calls, you might get a call but chances are bleak but good news for you is that as compare to last year this year distribution of marks in sections may play very dynamic roles and your chances at once may become bright !

Be positive and optimistic
Deepak Jethlia
MBA batch of 2008
hi

my AIR 1095..

1.5 years of work ex..

Cheers!

Deepak Jethlia
MBA-Batch of 2008
my break up is
va -9.5
qa-7.5
di-17.5
lr-22.25
now what are my chances???