mba from glasgow university

dear friends! i am puneet kapur and i wish to know whether glasgow university at scotland is worth for mba? how is the university as such? will i get an value addition after completing my mba from this university? i am at the decision ma…

dear friends!

i am puneet kapur and i wish to know whether glasgow university at scotland is worth for mba? how is the university as such? will i get an value addition after completing my mba from this university?

i am at the decision making stage and really want to get some comments ffrom you guys so that i can be sure about my choice and but ofcourse my career.

please help!

thanks

puneet kapur

you can also contact me or reply me back at email address-

hey dude..

congrats for getting admission in glasgow uni which is a very highly rated university....

glasgow university is AMBA accredited that means its very good..

plus u have a additional advantage as according to the new rule in scotland u get 2yrs

extension of work permit as soon as u finish ur course...

cheers mate

and all teh best....

pls tell me the requirements for getting addmission in glasgow university for mba

as i am also trying for same...

i have 2 yrs of work ex and my IELTS score is 7.

i have not given GMAt....

pls reply

regards,

omkar

Hey omkar

Thanks for reminding me of my better choice. You are quite late to reply as i am studying currently in glasgow university. My email

Cheers!

Puneet

hi puneet,

well i am trying for 2006 intake and my choices are glasgow, strathclyde and abertay.....

by 2006 i will be completing mcom, IATA (tourism course) and two yrs work exp....

my IELTS score is 7.....

please guide me regarding the entry requirements....

also tell me about the other two universities as in what if i do my mba from strathclyde or abertay dundee....

waiting for ur reply...

regards,

omkar

hi guys....

i m sandeep here.....

i m also looking forward to do mba from glasgow university .....

come to know that it is rated as high as 5 points in RAE hero ratings 2001...

moreover the fresh talent scheme for students studying in scotland adds to it....

notonly this, the university's mba course is amba accredited.....

fees is also competetive......

hey puneet as u have already there in uk , can u give me the insight story about that university .
i would be glad if u could clear few points :-

1> Entry requirements

--- Gmat score (how much , if required)
--- IELTS (how much , if necessary)
--- work - ex

2>Weather conditions (as i have come to know that its not easy to live in any part of scotland because of temperature which is normally below 5 degree )need insight.

3>Living conditions and expenses (what are the types of accomodations availaible , how about the charges , what about daily fooding , laundry expenses n general fun n all )

4>Course fees (tution fees)

5>what about the employment history of the university ?

6>what type of jobs are availaible under fresh talent scheme ?

7>what after those 2 yrs.?

i m lokin forward to receive some information at the earliest coz u know the earlier the better .hey tell me which consultant did u hired for ur application procedure .

u can also mail me at
have fun in glasgow .

cheers

hey
even i'm contemplating GLASGOW as an option.
can all who r trying 4 2006 keep updating on deadlines,info etc.

ADITI

hey
even i'm contemplating GLASGOW as an option.
can all who r trying 4 2006 keep updating on deadlines,info etc.

ADITI

hi aditi..

which all universities r u targetting ......

hey i came across ur post in which u were seem to be interested in singapore university also...

first of all u shud decide on the nation u want to go in...

then u shud work out ur requirements or priorities...

cheers

sandeep

Hi guys,

Let me intorduce myself first. I'm Aditya, I'm based in Bangalore. I have been working in a software firm for the last one and a half years. I am planning to do my MSc in Business and Management at Strathclyde.

I wanted to know about the job prospects after doing an MSc in Scotland. I heard they are very apprehensive about taking non-EU students. So, how do you work towards getting a job? Does the 2 year work permit really improve chances of getting a job?

I would be very grateful if you could answer my queries.

Thanks.

Hai,
I have applied for Said,Manchester,HEC,SDA and cambridge
Cambridge- ding
HEC-I declined the interview
SDA-Interview call
Said-Interview Call
Manchester-Accepted.
Let me know if you need more info...

HI,

I am shobhit here ... have a work exp of nearly 5 years a mixture of IT and lecturership..

I have been offered confirmed admissions from Lancaster and Strathclyde ... I am a bit confused on which one to take ... Please advice..

As i see it the only advantage that Strathclyde has is the 2 year scotland stay and being on the HSMP.... Apart from that i feel that Lancaster is better in all regards( like ranking, student mix, brand value etc

Please let me know you comments

Shobhit

Hi Puneet

I got an admission from Glasgow University, for pursuing MBA for the year 2009/10. Please let me know whether it is worthful ir not. And what about the Scotland stay once we complete our study. I heard like, we can stay for 2 more years in scotland, where as in UK that is not the case.

Please thow some light on this...

Cheers,
Tilak..

Hey Tilak,

Even I got an admit

I did my research on the school, very reputed in terms of faculty and teaching method, but the million dollar question is "wat about placements".....they have a few gud companies like HSBC, Deloitte etc., but not too sure about the rest

I have more or less made up my mind of joining, wat about u?

Hey Tilak,

Even I got an admit

I did my research on the school, very reputed in terms of faculty and teaching method, but the million dollar question is "wat about placements".....they have a few gud companies like HSBC, Deloitte etc., but not too sure about the rest

I have more or less made up my mind of joining, wat about u?

Hi Soumeet,
I too have some knowledge regarding reputation. Its positive. But, have no idea on placements. Hey, are you sure they offer direct placements, as u mentioned. I dont think so. Can u check it once,....
And, how about ur decision? Didn't u apply for other universites???

Tilak....

Hey,

Well, I am not sure about direct placements, if u r talking about how it is done in India B schools, that is smthng which u wont find anywhere apart frm India...

I have applied to Solvay & Grenoble, waiting for their replies

Regards
Soumeet

Hi Guys
I got through in:

1. Glasgow
2. Berlin School of Economics

My application is under processing in:
GISMA (considered in Purdue now)
Copenhagen
Carlos III
Grenoble
Tias Nimbas (given interview)

Confused of which is best from top to bottom !!

Hey....gud to know u got in....have u decided yet where to join?? Amngst the ones u have listed and the colleges I have done my research on, I wd say there is very little to choose frm, however this mite be the rankings

1. Copenahgen
2. Tias Nimbas/Glasgow
3. Grenoble
4. Carlos III

I havent heard much of Berlin School of eco or Purdue and cant really throw much light on them

It wil b gud if we can share our profiles, and do let us knw which programme u wil b joining

My profile

Xth - 77%
XII th - 72%
B.Sc (Honours) - 51%
GMAT - 630
Work Ex - 3 yrs in 2 leading P R fims in India

Hi Soumeet,

I have copenhagen interview in this week. I still did not get any pointers over Berlin School of Economics from anybody. My profile is:

10th 74%
12th 67%
Bach. IT 60%
MCA 59%
5+ yrs work ex
GMAT 600

I still haven't decided which programme I would be joining.

Hmmmm, sorry man cant help u with Berlin....ATB for copenhagen though, have heard its pretty gud

Hey I have an offer from M.Fin. in International Finance from Glasgow........
heard its the flagship course of the finance department........
not sure whether I'll be joining or not as one of my friends in Europe has suggested me not to come right now as the employement situation is very bleak.........

what do you say guys.........

also do you have contact of any of the alumni..........

if yes, then can you kindly share it with me so that I may take a better decision...........

Waiting for an informative reply..........