MBA for Spring 2009

Hey All, Can anyone please let me know what are the universities which offer MBA (US, UK & Asia) starting in Spring 2009. I was searching and I could get one university INSEAD (INSEAD - Welcome to the Business School for the World) which offe…

Hey All,

Can anyone please let me know what are the universities which offer MBA (US, UK & Asia) starting in Spring 2009. I was searching and I could get one university INSEAD (INSEAD - Welcome to the Business School for the World) which offers MBA courses starting in FALL and SPRING.

Also wanted to know whether it is suggestable to do MBA by joining in Spring rather than Fall.

Thanks a lot!
Karthik

Hey Karthik!!

I second your concern.. I am also on the look out for the colleges that have a spring intake for 2009 in the US.

I came across University of Illinois, Thunderbird also offering the spring admissions. I am sure there must be a lot more to pick from.

Is there a comprehensive list of all colleges globally or atleast in the US that start off in Spring, that someone could help us find?

Cheers,
Pappoos

just came across you thread...

theres columbia and university of rochester..... tepper has a summer start...

if you have a bach degree in business.. that might open a few more options.... i think emory has a spring/summer start for biz undergrad

hope this helps

How good is the idea to go for MBA in the spring. aCan somebody throw some light on this.

@polu,

that really depends on your situation. Most schools that have a spring intake are usually for ppl with undergrad in business, or else you end up studying the summer and thus skipping the internship.

Fall is def is better option, but it depends on your situation.

hope this helps.

Thanx. Can somebody compare 1 yr MBA starting in fall with 1.5 yr MBA that starts in the spring. Some schools are offering 1.5 yr ourse from spring semester. I am seriously thinking to consider this option, but dont know athe prospects of it.

@just4anshul
I think just4anshul is comparing 1.5yr spring MBAA with 2 yr MBA. Can you clarify anshul....

Rgds,
Kran Polu

All,
Is there any school in asia that offewrs MBA in spring 2009...If you know aany pls do help by posting reply....

Thanks.

@polu..
yes i was comparing 1.5 yrs with 2 yrs. INSEAD in Singapore has a 1 year MBA, and I think AGSM in Australia too.

As far as comparing 1 yr vs 1.5 yr goes, it is difficult to answer as it depends on the program and your goals.

Thanx for the response just4anshul.

I think INSEAD is a good school. But, its very costly too.

Anybody knew of 1yr MBA in Asia (starting in fall) pls do reply.

Thanx,
Kiran Polu

All,
If any body has idea about any good US schools offering in spring 2009. Please reply.

Rgds.

Hi,

I am a Computer Science & Engineering graduate.I am taking up my GMT on june 25th. I wish to apply and leave at the earliest. when sould i apply and for which season? Winter 2008 or Spring 2009. When can i appply and when are the deadlines for the colleges? I have 1 year of work experience. Plz suggest me.

Hi,

I am a Computer Science & Engineering graduate.I am taking up my GMT on june 25th. I wish to apply and leave at the earliest. when sould i apply and for which season? Winter 2008 or Spring 2009. When can i appply and when are the deadlines for the colleges? I have 1 year of work experience. Plz suggest me

Hi guyzz, just a heads up on the b schools in asia, mainly thr r 3 2 4 good b schools in asia... mostly in singapore n hongkong. INSEAD, NANYANG,NUS,HKUST... these have been constantly ranked high up in th FT annual rankings... INSEAD is obviously the best, bt its expensive.. m also gonna appear for gmat in august 2008..

cheerss!!! 😃

Hi, can someone give me the pros and cons of starting an MBA course in the USA in the spring session ?

Hi all!
US schools require students to complete 9 months of schools before internship. So, if you start in spring, you lose out on interning in the coming summer. So thats some time wasted. Also, there are fewer schools to choose from in spring. Another factor could be placements, but I doubt that wud be a prob in a good school. I can't think of any other differences!
Please keep updating about schools that you find out.

just to piggy back on this answer:

if you plan to apply to MBA in the US, only apply for the Fall session. The extra few months of waiting will give you much more options. Most (if not all) the top schools (top 20) only accept applications to start school in Fall.

The only advantage of starting school in Spring is that you would ready to be considered for the H1 quota for the following year, but even that is going to be part of the lottery for Masters students (including MS students).

Hi all!
US schools require students to complete 9 months of schools before internship. So, if you start in spring, you lose out on interning in the coming summer. So thats some time wasted. Also, there are fewer schools to choose from in spring. Another factor could be placements, but I doubt that wud be a prob in a good school. I can't think of any other differences!
Please keep updating about schools that you find out.

Hi Redjazz and all,
You mean ....applying in "spring" to US is fully discouraged right. How abt others out side US...like Schulich(York) CanadaHEC France

I am from IT and has 4yrs of industry exp. And would like to go for MBA ASAP(to a good school
Can some body suggest me whether waiting till next fall worth, rather than going for this spring...... I want to do MBA ASAP but in a good school and wish to come out well in the placements after MBA.

Thanks.

Apply for the Fall session. The only school that i can think of starting in Jan is INSEAD, but it is equivalent to a top 10 in the US, and hence, very competitive. If you want to apply to top 10 schools, you still want to apply to top 25 as a back up.

Please keep in mind that MBA is a long-term investment. Ask yourself: by starting my MBA in Spring (January, and hence saving 9 months), will I be better off in 10,20 or 30 years.

Bottom-line: if you want a recognized MBA, good placement, applying for the Fall session will give you much more opportunities.

NB: Apart from Insead, I don't know of any other MBA program that I would consider worth applying for in Spring.

Hi Redjazz and all,
You mean ....applying in "spring" to US is fully discouraged right. How abt others out side US...like Schulich(York) CanadaHEC France

I am from IT and has 4yrs of industry exp. And would like to go for MBA ASAP(to a good school
Can some body suggest me whether waiting till next fall worth, rather than going for this spring...... I want to do MBA ASAP but in a good school and wish to come out well in the placements after MBA.

Thanks.

Thanx RedJazzGuy.
I was looking for 1 yr MBA so I was thinking that going for 16 month MBA starting in spring( to a school like HEC,.w.OK rank in FT-200 compared to 1 yr MBA starting in the next Fall.

As person without much knowledge on foreign MBA program structure I tend to believe that longer the programme duration better the education. I cannot go for more than 1 yr programme if it is in the next fall.

What do you saay abt the diff between 16 month MBA starting in spring to 1 yr MBA that starts in Fall?

Some body was saying placements are difficult in spring MBA ...but in this case both spring and fal MBAs finish almost at the same time.