MBA For Engineers

Which B-schools prefer Engineering graduates and why are some of the esteemed colleges afraid of Engineering intakes for MBA programs!!! Isn’t it unfair on the part of institutes like IIMs, to give special preference to non-engineers??

Which B-schools prefer Engineering graduates and why are some of the esteemed colleges afraid of Engineering intakes for MBA programs!!!
Isn't it unfair on the part of institutes like IIMs, to give special preference to non-engineers??

While engineering students are clearly leading the race for MBA admissions, many business schools in India are attempting to increase diversity on campus by recruiting more female candidates and students from other academic streams.
Institutes such as the IMT also place a lot of importance on extra-curricular activities during the admissions process. Often, many companies sponsor their employees for MBA programs.
The IIMs, on their part, focus on gender, academic records and work experience apart from admission test scores in a bid to include students from other backgrounds. Inspite of these efforts, student profile is clearly skewed in favour of engineering graduates.Today India €™s best business schools including IIM-A seem to be ignoring the value of diversity in the class. Today, the admission policy at IIM-A has changed - 93% of the students in the current first year batch are engineers €“ a retrograde move. If you reduce diversity you produce clones.
Despite the criticism, engineers come out with flying colours during placement season, with impressive offers from IT and technology companies. .Companies operating in the engineering and technological space prefer to recruit engineers with an MBA degree.
@AnshShan Thanks for your valuable comments.
Its true, that they can't stop engineers to overshadow other trades, still colleges are trying their best to reject as many engineer graduates as possible. Only for the sake of diversity in their campus. While they do not have any strong reason to reject an engineering candidate, they have directly started blaming us to be engineers, and going for MBA. While for many of the engineering graduates, MBA is the ultimate option.
Also, by promoting girl candidates, they might be able to improve overall diversity in the campus. But in my opinion, admission to such reputed institutes should only be on the basis of merit, and not gender or background!!!

I am a Btech Mechanical engineer. I am pursuing my MBA International Business from School Of Management Studies, CUSAT. I like to join any Mechanical Engineering related company after my MBA. Most preferably Automobile and that too in Production or Maintenance. I am focusing on operations management for my elective. But the university is providing these 3 elective papers under OM viz. Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Production Planning and Control. There are total 5 elective papers in the final year. 2 in third sem and 3 in the last sem. Can anybody help me to decide which all elective I should prefer other than Operations Management to get into a Mechanical Engineering company so that I can work for their Production, Operation or Maintenance department. Finance, Marketting, HRM, Information technology Management are the other area wise electives.