MBA@FLAME school of business, Pune

Guys, 1 more new BSchool with good credentials. Take a look: FLAME school of business Foundation for Liberal And Management Education, Pune, INDIA. Cheers.

Guys,

1 more new BSchool with good credentials. Take a look:

FLAME school of business Foundation for Liberal And Management Education, Pune, INDIA.

Cheers.

Yeh.. lets see how well it stands in the cluster of more than 1000 B schools...

Hey I have visted the College and Liked it...

they have there own enterance exam...

hi!!

i'd like to know more about the word of mouth regarding the college.

is the PGDM course really as good as they say on the website, the fact that the college has been started by Dr. Indira Parikh (former dean IIMA) really goes in its favour, but can someone tell me if its worth it?

2009 will be the first batch, right?

so how do we get to know about placements and all?

gargi

About FLAME MBA program I don't know much.But I just gave it's PI a few days back in NOIDA & my interview panel had an ex-Professor of CALTECH,USA (one of the world's best Engg Instts),an IIM-A grad who is a teleserial & moviemaker since last 20 years (Achyut Vaze') & a lady who is a Political Science & French Literature graduate from Paris.I have given GD/PI at IMT Gzb so far only & I can safely say that this panel was much too brilliant than that one.

Also the GD topic was very interesting "The things consenting adults do behind closed doors is not a concern of the society".

In this too there was a catch,you had to choose a side "for or against" & that too before the topic was given.

All I can say so far is that this is one admission process I really enjoyed without any stress or tension.

Actually it was fun !! Right from the GMAT style online test with an extra section on TAT (Thematic Aperception Test) or more commonly called 'Picture Story Writing' (It is more popular with the Armed Forces entrance process-I remember giving it in my NDA SSB in Dehradoon a few years back) where you are shown a random photo for 20 seconds & you have to write a story on it in 4 mins flat.

So far so good.

that was quite useful..... thanks!!

but hey, what made you apply for this course?
how did you find out about the curriculum and the worth of the course?

i am also interested in knowing the feedbakc of the current batch..... know anyway in which i can get in touch with one o'them?

i am also interested in knowing the feedbakc of the current batch..... know anyway in which i can get in touch with one o'them?

Hi

It was pure fluke & intuition.I remember reading about this coll last year in the Times of India.I thought that it is a great experiment.Besides,the academic & professional background of the founders of the institute was a great draw for me.

I am a person who values mentorship & good training over all other factors & till my B.Tech (my latest degree) I have felt a severe lack of it.

I have seen a common thing in most of the successful people in my family & it is that they have always had the good fortune of having Professors & HODs (& in later life-Bosses) who mentored them right up to their Maters & PhDs & even in their jobs.Unfortunately this culture currently exists in the IITs/IIMs/ISB only in India & we usually don't even talk about it in the public sphere anymore.

And here was an Insti which was at least talking about mentorship-apart from SCMLD.

But their infrastructure is much better than SCMLD & I would say at par with the IITs & the IIMs (ISB I have never been to so I cannot comment).The sports facilities & compulsory sports is all modelled on the IIT system.You go to any IIT campus in the evening & everybody would be either in squash courts,tennis courts,football fields etc as a part of "compulsory sports".And basically it is this model of "study hard & play hard" is what makes students from these Instis what they become in later life.

Also their statement that they provide scholarships,& assistantships upto full tuition fee waiver to people who have problem paying their fee is definitely a very big reason.Apart from the elite Govt Instis like IIMs (even in IITs this facility is only for SC/ST students only) which ensure oppurtunities for all,even ISB does not give any scholarships.

Of course it remains to be seen how true they are to their word but this was reason enough for me to give it a go..

Hi

It was pure fluke & intuition.I remember reading about this coll last year in the Times of India.I thought that it is a great experiment.Besides,the academic & professional background of the founders of the institute was a great draw for me.

I am a person who values mentorship & good training over all other factors & till my B.Tech (my latest degree) I have felt a severe lack of it.

I have seen a common thing in most of the successful people in my family & it is that they have always had the good fortune of having Professors & HODs (& in later life-Bosses) who mentored them right up to their Maters & PhDs & even in their jobs.Unfortunately this culture currently exists in the IITs/IIMs/ISB only in India & we usually don't even talk about it in the public sphere anymore.

And here was an Insti which was at least talking about mentorship-apart from SCMLD.

But their infrastructure is much better than SCMLD & I would say at par with the IITs & the IIMs (ISB I have never been to so I cannot comment).The sports facilities & compulsory sports is all modelled on the IIT system.You go to any IIT campus in the evening & everybody would be either in squash courts,tennis courts,football fields etc as a part of "compulsory sports".And basically it is this model of "study hard & play hard" is what makes students from these Instis what they become in later life.

Also their statement that they provide scholarships,& assistantships upto full tuition fee waiver to people who have problem paying their fee is definitely a very big reason.Apart from the elite Govt Instis like IIMs (even in IITs this facility is only for SC/ST students only) which ensure oppurtunities for all,even ISB does not give any scholarships.

Of course it remains to be seen how true they are to their word but this was reason enough for me to give it a go..

Hey man does they Accept CAT score Card??????
Can some One plz help me with this TAT thing?????

i need more info on the tat and gmat like procedure followed by flame entrance ....
people please help.......
any flame student on pagal?
please help.......
reply to [email protected]:sad:
regards....
the information on this thread was really of help as m planning to apply , unfortunately no finances to cover me... thanx all!.....

Hi

Hi, I just came across FLAME school of business. Is there anyone trying to get into Flame school of communication this year. The last date for application is 13th June. If anyone can provide any kind of information about this college, i would be ever grateful.

My center is blore...anyone else writing FLAME exam on the 21st ?

Is anyone taking up FLAME exam?

how s the exam structure and what s the level of difficulty and what do they ask in the pictorial test

Flames' MBA forms are available?

i have applied for flames for 2010 batch. but is it worth to spend 12 lacs.
does any one know the placement scene in flames.. their web site shows 94% students got placed in 2009. :banghead:

Are you crazy 12 lacs to get a MBA from Flames..its a rising school..with taht amount you can easily get into Symbiosis with Management Qoute, or you can study abroad.. Dude 12 Lacs is a big amount so sensibily use it...

CAN any one help me reagrding FLAMES??
how is this institute?
its charging 12L for PDGM!
is it worth??
wats the placement senario??

CAN any one help me reagrding FLAMES??
how is this institute?
its charging 12L for PDGM!
is it worth??
wats the placement senario??

the web site says 94% of the students got placed...
the college is extremely good...
the facilities are upto iim levels...
the only problem is that its a new coll
visit flames.edu