MBA @ DoMS NIT Trichy (2008-10)

Hi guys, I am a final year student at DoMS, NIT Trichy ** This thread is created to discuss queries with respect to the admission for 2008 - 10 batch in DoMS NIT Trichy… **** **Feel free to ask any queries… ** ** …

Hi guys,

I am a final year student at DoMS, NIT Trichy

This thread is created to discuss queries with respect to the admission for 2008 - 10 batch in DoMS NIT Trichy...

Feel free to ask any queries...

regards
life@nitt
Hi guys,
I am a final year student at DoMS, NIT Trichy
This thread is created to discuss queries with respect to the admission for 2008 - 10 batch in DoMS NIT Trichy...
Feel free to ask any queries...
regards
life@nitt

Hi can you please provide us the details
as to what are the expected cut offs for the same
how are the placements
how has the institute tried to sell the MBA course since it majors in technical courses

Hi,
what is the cut-off score for NIT , will they use scores get from other than cat exam.?

how are the placements
how has the institute tried to sell the MBA course since it majors in technical courses

hi

last year the cut off for the 'rest of India' category was 80 percentile

i am not sure about the last years' cut off for 'tamil nadu category'. As of my knowledge, it was somewhere in 70-75 percentile range..

Also, last year it didnt look for sectional cut off..

i personally believe that the cut off will go up this year. bcoz last year it was a last minute decision by the institute to join the 'cat club'. so it didnt get ample time to publicize it well. but this year it is not the case...
Hi,
what is the cut-off score for NIT , will they use scores get from other than cat exam.?

hi

NIT accepts CAT scores only..

how are the placements

regarding the placements,

last year the scenario was like

Average salary 4.2 lpa
highest salary 7.2 lpa (offcampus)
Highest salary 6.5 lpa(campus)
lowest salary 3.25 lpa

100% placements....

This year the placement session has already started..

Generally people have a misconception that NIT is exclusively for students with technical background. but it not the case...

till date every batch here in DoMS is a proper mix of engineers, non-engineers; freshers, experienced.....

the MBA programme offers dual specialization in Marketing, Finance, Systems, Human Resources and Operations; also attracts placements across each and every stream...

I have attended this CAT 2007 and i will be getting around 46 marks

i am having my academic background of 65%- 70% from all my exams, i am a Engineer with work experiance of 18 months.

and I AM having SC QUOTA.

will i get call from BIM??:??:??:

Thankyou
Arjunbabu

LIVE YOUR PASSION

wen will the admission notification come out?

I have attended this CAT 2007 and i will be getting around 46 marks

i am having my academic background of 65%- 70% from all my exams, i am a Engineer with work experiance of 18 months.

and I AM having SC QUOTA.

will i get call from BIM??:??:??:

Thankyou
Arjunbabu

LIVE YOUR PASSION

dont feel offended..

plz ask this query in the respective thread...

INFORMATION REGARDING ADMISSION
Admission Process
DoMS NITT follows a two stage process for admitting candidates to its MBA programme. CAT score is used to shortlist the candidates. The academic excellence, work experience and extra curricular activities are also considered at the time of short-listing. Students thus selected are invited for Group Discussion/Personal Interview. IIM has no role in the selection process or conduct of the MBA programme. Final Selection will be based on performance in the DoMS-NITT Admission Process.
Eligibility

A university degree in any discipline, recognized by AIU, with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Candidates appearing for final year degree examination in 2008 are also eligible.
Placements
DoMS NITT has 100 % Placement Record in recent years , with average pay package of 4.6 lakhs per annum.
Application Form
The NITT-DoMS brochure contains information for Admissions. The Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.nitt.edu or can be collected from the Admissions Office, NIT-Trichy.
Application forms can also be obtained by sending a written request along with a Demand Draft of Rs 600/- (SC/ST candidate Rs200/) drawn in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli-15 payable at SBI (code no- 1617), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. Application Forms will be made available from 12th November 2007.
Financial Information
The Academic Fee payable by admitted students (General Category) for the 2-year MBA programme will be Rs. 77,400/-. Hostel Fee will be approximately Rs. 49,240/- for the two-year period.
For (Other category) candidates Academic Fee payable by admitted students for the 2-year MBA programme will be Rs. 17,400/-. Hostel Fee will be approximately Rs. 49,240/- for the two-year period. All these are indicative figures and details will be provided at the time of the Admissions Process.

Hi,

I am Arun. I have applied for NIT. My CAT score as per TIME Score calculator is 21. I have work experience of around 1.5 years in software industry. I belong to Tamil Nadu and OBC category. How far is the possiblity for getting into DOMS, NIT. Thanks in advance..

Thanks& Regards
Arun

Hello freinds where to check the status of the application form applied for MBA programme 2008-10 in NIT TRICHY

Hello Friends,

I have got 81 percentile in CAT 2007, what are my chances at NIT Trichy, how are placements, and I am from Punjab,

Please tell me what are my chances and what is the last date to apply to NIT Trichy

can anyone say wat was the cut off for sc's t.n. last year??

Hi

I am not from Tamil Nadu and have a score of 73.91 %ile in CAT..
Is there any scope for NIT trichy...

Hi,

I have got 72 percentile in CAT and I'm from Tamilnadu and having a work experience of 1.5 yrs. hw abt my chances to NIT.?

Are the application dates over??

Seniors,can you tell me where to check the status of the aplication form applied for NIT TRICHY.if it is there please give the link.

Hi,
What is the cut-off for SC candidates who are from outside Tamil Nadu?How many seats are there for SC candidates who are from outside T.N.