MBA-CFA from ICFAI University

Hi Dear All, This is Chamatkaribaba from Hyderabad, India. I am a law graduate, having been completed B.A;L.L.B (Hons.) a five year integrated course after 10+2. I graduated in 2008, May and working in a tax consultancy firm. This y…

Hi

Dear All,

This is Chamatkaribaba from Hyderabad, India. I am a law graduate, having been completed B.A;L.L.B (Hons.) a five year integrated course after 10+2. I graduated in 2008, May and working in a tax consultancy firm.

This year, I thought that I should start study again. As I want to continue working, I decided to go for distance/online/correspondence course though even their 'weight' in market may not be that convincing.

After thinking a lot, I decided to go for ICFAI's flexi education where they offer MBA-FCA and its duration is 27 months. The cost of the course is around 100,000 Rs. for entire courses and I have to pay some amount for examination fees.

I am not sure whether I did a good thing or a bad. I do not know whether I wasted my hard earned money or rightly invested. I read many posts in websites for and against the ICFAI's education. Though I had some doubts and still I have some more doubts, but I thought it's my hard work that matters and I should study. I do not know how tough the course will be as I have science in 12, and law after that background. I have almost forgotten mathematics, and have zero knowledge in Accounting. But, I hope I can study and clear it with honourable results.

I am sharing what I did, and I request you to write how you people think about the course, university, costs, its saleability in the market and how easy and tough it will be for students like me.

I joined this Forum only yesterday and want to engage in some constructive discussions on various issues of MBA Education till the time I get my degree.

C you all of you,again and again

Regards,
Chamatkaribaba

Dear Baba!

Its nice to see some serious thinking is sprouting from the Chamatkaris like you. As you rightly say, any course is to be judged from the curriculum content and knowledge that comes with the qualification. Icfai for that matter is second to none. Other issues are being over-stretched in these blogs. I too appeal for constructive opinion on way to proceed ahead in enrolled courses.

Thank You Ravi for your 'thoughtful' comments. People here seem to be not appreciating that much about serious comments. I had expected many people's views on the topic, but, they are busy elsewhere. I will be here to track people's views and hope you also will be around.

keep in touch with forum posts.

dont do anything from the ICFAI its not looked upon as good as everyone now knows that ICFAI stands for money and commerce. its not education. beware

Thank You jaihojai for your suggestion. But, you might be already aware that I have already joined the course and have already payed my first installment alongwith all 15 post dated cheques, as You may be aware of the rule.

Can you highlight more how ICFAI is just for coomerce? You people think that ICFAI has no value in the market?

This is what wikipedia has to say about ICFAI:

In recent times ICFAI has become the most criticized university on internet. Most of the complains are regarding the money laundering policies and fake claims regarding recognition and affiliation of the courses offered by this University. In fact, in recent times students of this university were engaged in violent protest at Bangalore because the engineering course offered by ICFAI at Bangalore Campus was not recognized by AICTE.

So its not just me who says this but everyone. Its still not too late.

At the outset you have made allegations without revealing your identity.

You can give more details about you to facilitate the university to inquire the facts.

You may write to [email protected] giving all the details. Also call our toll free no 1800 425 2911 or 1800 103 0303.

==========================================================

jaihojai Says
dont do anything from the ICFAI its not looked upon as good as everyone now knows that ICFAI stands for money and commerce. its not education. beware