MBA Careers in Investment Bank

Hi, This thread has been started to try and understand how career paths for B school grads joining Investment Banking, pans out? How different are careers for the Front Office, Middle Office and Operations? So all alumni, who are working…

Hi,

This thread has been started to try and understand how career paths for B school grads joining Investment Banking, pans out? How different are careers for the Front Office, Middle Office and Operations?

So all alumni, who are working in Inestment Banks like Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Citibank, UBS, RBS, etc are requested to pitch in to help aspiring Investment Bankers make an informed choice.

Hope you would contribute generously on this thread.

Regards
Abhishek

Puys,

I wanted to do a short term course in finance may be for about 3 months or so.
This is just to have a kick start before i do my MBA
Can anyone help on this?

Friends,

Myself Abhijeet. I need help.. Its VERY URGENT. I will be very very grateful to anybody who replies to my question.

I have around 9 years exp (pre and post MBA combined, pre-4, post-5) in FINANCE and ACCOUNTING. I am currently working in Genpact as Assistant Manager in F&A; domain. I got a call from UBS (Now cognizant) in INVESTMENT BANKING domain (PRODUCT CONTROL) . Now, I dont have any INVESTMENT BANKING exp. I got the call since I have 9 yrs Reconciliations exp in F&A; domain. They wanted a guy who has good exp in Reconciliations. UBS/ COGNIZANT said that they will give me PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE if I get selected. Now , my CTC is 5 lacs ( fixed). Guys I want a suggestion from you. Since I have 9 yrs exp and an MBA ( ICFAI Business School) and CFA ( Level -1) from ICFAI and my CTC is very low. How much should I ask as salary????? Kindly advice. Please GUYS HELP ME..ITS A REQUEST TO EVERYBODY IN THIS FORUM . I will be highly indebted to him/her who advises me.