MBA + CA or CS or ICWA or -----

hay friends, this is my first thread. I am doing mba from icfai chennai.doing summers in GE capital chennai. i would be taking all electives in finance during 2nd yr. i am thinking of joining other finance courses which add value to mba…

hay friends,

this is my first thread. I am doing mba from icfai chennai.doing summers in GE capital chennai. i would be taking all electives in finance during 2nd yr.

i am thinking of joining other finance courses which add value to mba. i am confused to go for CA , CS or ICWA. not cfa.

I am sure that this thread would be useful for all current and prospective mba students.

so pls suggest one good solution.

with thanks
karthik

Well Kartik,

I've completed CA( May'04) and CS(Dec'02), Graduation (April'03)

Let me put this way...

U've completed your graduation still it'd take another four years to Complete CA if u enroll before 31st, June'05(i think i'm correct abt date)

CS would be completed by June'07.

I don't knwo abt ICWA.

Do you think u've time to do any of these. I dont think so bcas u'd be joining some company as an MBA. Also u need to do 3 yr articleship in CA. CS deosn't need that during course. ie. its not compulsory for CS to go through.

I won't demotivate you but u can go for CS. ICWA doesn't have much demand as far i feel the market.

So for CS...it'd definately add value to ur CV.

U can always contact for further details

Rgds,

Rahul Gupta

ur a cool guy boss , great c.v urs.

if i could join in any big -4 accouting firm for articleship, then i could expect a decent stipend also. do u have any idea abt the stipends at pwc ey deloitteetc. for mba's. if i joing for pe-2 before this june. i could give my attempt at may 06.right . then i could finish my mba also.

one of my friend told that for c.s also some training period is there. for enrolling as FCS.

could u pls clarify. what it is better to have mba + cs than mba + ca, since u r the right guy to answer.

thanks buddy,
karthik

lets take this one by one...:-

If u want to d CA, u'll be an Articled Clerk and not MBA...do u won't be doing MBA's job but simply training. And big firms don't ppl take easily...the conduct interviews of the ppl with good marks which I suppose u'd be able to gain.

Stipend of good firms may go upto Rs. 10000 pm that too not bfore 2nd yr.

If u give PE-2 in mAy'06 from that it'll take another 3 yrs for articleship then u could be able to give final. d u have time to do Articleship.

Plz take some more opinions on this.

About CS...if u want membership number u'll have to go through 15 months training under CS or 3 yrs of experience in the same field in some Ltd Co. will do. This membership is required if u want to practice as CS. I've not obtained as yet...and i don't feel like that i want the number. We should be joining as MBA. Isn't it?

Time is so less, at this point of time i'd advise MBA+CS. Rest is urs decision.

U can always contact for further details

Rgds,

Rahul

hey frnds,

thanks rahul, i will pm u later for furher clarifications.

others pls pour u gyaan here. it would be helpful for others also.

Thanks
karthik

Hi
I had the following queries regarding carrer in company secretary.

1)What is the carrer prospective if a student wishes to do an MBA and a Company secretary.How beneficial is it?.
2)What kind of jobs will he get?.
3)Should he do an MBA first or CS?
4)Which other course along with CS would be most beneficial?

thank you
ashwin

Hi
I had the following queries regarding carrer in company secretary.

1)What is the carrer prospective if a student wishes to do an MBA and a Company secretary.How beneficial is it?.
2)What kind of jobs will he get?.
3)Should he do an MBA first or CS?
4)Which other course along with CS would be most beneficial?

thank you

please let me know whether it is possible to do full time mba with a correspondence cs. I mean wud the correspondence cs be of any help ??????? thanx

Hi ,

I have compled my MBA in finance and now i am looking for CS or some sort of finance course. Can someone help me please?

I am also pursuing mba in finance i think u should go for icwa coz spl is finance. Icwa has also a good scope

ICWAI is basically Costing.. there is much to debate on in this particular topic. Doing CA or CS or ICWAI or CFA qould certainly help u boost your CV but practically lookin the ROI i dont think would be proportionately higher being a CA most of the people tend to start a own firm and practice definitely it earns them quite a lot, spending 5 yrs ( on an average including the intern period) on CA followed by a couple of yrs of MBA woul lead to u waste a lot of time as Intern time is full and most of the time u do not get this intern period as u r work ex( as far as my knowledge)

hey puys
i will appear for cat 11 and simultaneously will appear in ca final in nov 11... but all of us are aware of the fact that we have to fill out the cat exam form by sep end(though the interviews occur in march nxt yr).. in such a case will i be able to get the benefit of passin ca final (the results of which shall be out not before jan mid).. n i m sure of clearing ca in nov 11... pl suggest me a way by which i can benefit from my ca finals as far as gettin into premier b schools(iim b in particular) is concerned

i have done BBA, now pursuing m.com(Business Mgmt) regular, now i m in the final year. After BBA along with MCom i have done a course PG diploma in Securities and banking laws from a deemed university. I am confuse to gor for CS or CWA or don't go for CS-CWA at all.
If i enroll for CS did i get the exemtion of Security Law paper and management accounting paper?
and if i enrill for CWA then which subject can i get the exemptions?
please answer as i am in the dilema.....

puys, i have completed my engineering and now working in power sector with a work experience of one year.
am prep for CAT(which is not an easy cake either). i would like to do some financial course either CS, CA, CWA.. i cant loose my job for any internship as it serves me bread... so suggest me of which course should i take to go optimized between not loosing my job for going an articleship and a course that fits me into a market 3 years later along with my MBA(or equalent)
plss...?

puys, i have completed my engineering and now working in power sector with a work experience of one year.
am prep for CAT(which is not an easy cake either). i would like to do some financial course either CS, CA, CWA.. i cant loose my job for any internship as it serves me bread... so suggest me of which course should i take to go optimized between not loosing my job for going an articleship and a course that fits me into a market 3 years later along with my MBA(or equalent)
plss...?

CS vil take u into a different a line, it s a company secretary course more of law than finance....CWA is totally related to costing(more advantage in manufacturing & Energy related companies)..CA it is a total package eventhough it s bit tougher than the previous it has ts own market value....In CWA no articleship if u r working n a company wich is related to manufacturing or Financial services ts k,bt CA 3 yr articleship s compulsory...

i am student of ICWAI (inter) i wanted to do distance MBA (fin).
so..
Should i go for MBA (fin) ????
it should be beneficial in future ??

hello guyzz can u tell me that ..i cann;t do any other full time course with cwa?

Hi everyone,

I am little confused about my further studies and hence need guidance...Here is my profile which is below average.

10th- 50% cbse (2003)
12th- 66% cbse (2005)commerce
Grad- 42% B.comp Delhi univ.(correspondence) (2009)
Grad repeated- 73% B.com Pass (correspondence from tier3 univ.) (2012)

Work ex- small family garment business 3 years( but b schools wont consider it.)

I have taken CAT this year but didnt get any fruitful result, now i am little double minded weather to do a professional study like CA or continue with CAT prep for coming season.

I know both are very succesful degree/certificates ..but few negative things that are coming to my mind considering my week profile.

MBA- Even if i get call from good colleges in the coming season how will i convert them with this profile, more over since both my graduations were in correspodence they will consider it as no work ex though i joined my family business later.

CA- Mandatory internship for 3 years with less than 5k salary per month. Also this is the minimum that to be a CA it can take 4 or 5 years to if i dont clear it in my 1st attempt.

At present my age is 25, so even age is also not in my side.

So kindly help me seniors, people who have gone through this, people who are at similar condition or anyone.

Thanks in advance.
@naga13 said:
Hi everyone,I am little confused about my further studies and hence need guidance...Here is my profile which is below average.10th- 50% cbse (2003)12th- 66% cbse (2005)commerceGrad- 42% B.comp Delhi univ.(correspondence) (2009)Grad repeated- 73% B.com Pass (correspondence from tier3 univ.) (2012)Work ex- small family garment business 3 years( but b schools wont consider it.)I have taken CAT this year but didnt get any fruitful result, now i am little double minded weather to do a professional study like CA or continue with CAT prep for coming season.I know both are very succesful degree/certificates ..but few negative things that are coming to my mind considering my week profile.MBA- Even if i get call from good colleges in the coming season how will i convert them with this profile, more over since both my graduations were in correspodence they will consider it as no work ex though i joined my family business later.CA- Mandatory internship for 3 years with less than 5k salary per month. Also this is the minimum that to be a CA it can take 4 or 5 years to if i dont clear it in my 1st attempt.At present my age is 25, so even age is also not in my side.So kindly help me seniors, people who have gone through this, people who are at similar condition or anyone.Thanks in advance.
kindly reply someone.