MBA at the University of Liverpool - UK

Hi, I got into University of Liverpool for SEP 2009 intake for General MBA. i would have completed 2 years, 4 months of IT experience in an Indian MNC by that time. Could any one please let me know, whether it is suggested to go to University…

Hi,

I got into University of Liverpool for SEP 2009 intake for General MBA. i would have completed 2 years, 4 months of IT experience in an Indian MNC by that time. Could any one please let me know, whether it is suggested to go to University of Liverpool, provided the current economic crisis? is it possible to get a job here in India, after completing MBA from this university? please suggest me, as i am in a total dilemma now whether to go there or not. i heard that the job market in UK is very poor now. no chance of getting placed in an UK company. even i dont have such dreams, to work in UK. i always wanted to come back to india. my only doubt is whether i will get a good job in India after my MBA, if not in the same company, that i am currently working. kindly suggest me in this regard.

Thanks,
Vijay..

i think you are taking a big gamble - mainly because you don't have much work experience.

with 5-6 years experience you would get a lot more out of an mba, and would be a more compelling prospect for better schools than liverpool.

alternatively consider going to the US where the profile of candidates is younger and less experienced - so you will not be out of place with 2/3 years...

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply..but i am yet to take up GMAT.thats the problem. otherwise i would have preferred going to an US business school, as you rightly said. tell me, if i do my mba from Univ of Liverpool with my job experience this year (sep 2009), will i be able to get a job in india, if i come back? kindly answer my query.

Thanks,
Vijay..

Hi nagraj,

Thank you so much for the reply. ur reply sounds realistic and is ofcourse, very informative to a guy like me. i just wonder, if a person from said business school gets 65k a month, how much should a person from Univ of Liverpool get? that too with 2 years of experience. i may end up in saving lesser amount than what i am currently doing. actually, my plan was to do an MBA from Liverpool and then do a second MBA (after working 5 years post MBA) in a top tier business school. and also MBA from LBS, oxford and cambridge is very costly. MBA from Liverpool is lesser than half the cost, compared to these business schools. kindly suggest me in this regard. i am in a real dilemma now, whether to continue my job or to go for an MBA. please advice me.

Regards,
Vijay..