MBA at 32

Hello everybody, This is my first post. PaGalGuy is a great site with so much information. I’m in a bit of bind. Am working in Product Management with a big ERP company (there are so few of them :smiley: Will complete 7 years in various r…

Hello everybody,
This is my first post. PaGalGuy is a great site with so much information.

I'm in a bit of bind. Am working in Product Management with a big ERP company (there are so few of them 😃 Will complete 7 years in various roles mid-next year. Due to range of personal reasons, I have not been able to pursue an MBA yet but hope to in 08 or latest 09. I worry that I would be too old by that time. I've read many postings on how schools are negative on candidates 30+ (I'm 31 now).

Hoping to get some advice and perspectives from other forum members.

(Background: BS Engineering, MS-IS, 7 years in consulting and product management)

Hello everybody,
This is my first post. PaGalGuy is a great site with so much information.

I'm in a bit of bind. Am working in Product Management with a big ERP company (there are so few of them 😃 Will complete 7 years in various roles mid-next year. Due to range of personal reasons, I have not been able to pursue an MBA yet but hope to in 08 or latest 09. I worry that I would be too old by that time. I've read many postings on how schools are negative on candidates 30+ (I'm 31 now).

Hoping to get some advice and perspectives from other forum members.

(Background: BS Engineering, MS-IS, 7 years in consulting and product management)

Their is no such thoughts in any School... Remove this thoughts from your mind and get ready to rock in best B school next year.....

ppl in ISB, IIM-PGPX course comes after having 7 yrs of exp and much more age than 31.

Even in my School, my juniors are elder to me and 1 guy has 13yrs of work exp with his age at 37yrs while one guy is of 31 yrs of age...

So just dont worry bro and get ready to fulfill ur dreams...

Thanks for the kind words, Nihit.

Guys,

Dont apply to small schools. They dont have good alumni network and there will be limited job prospects. I made the mistake and I am bearing the fruits now. If any one is applying to this school expecting scholarships don't do it.

Regards
Crystal ball.

Cheers,

Welcome to the Club dude.I'm 30 and will be 31 by the time I join a program.

An MBA outside of India (and in the good Indian schools) is about professionals working together and sharing and learning from each other's experiences.

Trust me, your experience will be highly appreciated in the class.

Besides, it will give you a different perspective of business as a whole.

Your experience can be a big selling point for you.

Hello,
I have the same question, I have almost 13 years of experience in field of Telecom. I wanted to get exposure in every field of telecom before applying for MBA.
Now I want to start preparing for GMAT. Can anybody point me towards a good correspondence course for the same.
I think I am quite poor in verbal and essay writing, so any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Rajesh