MBA@ASB, Trivandrum

Hi pals, Does any1 has any insight to Asian School of Business. Its website is worth a look, considering the fact that the school has an impressive board of Governors. Check out this link http://www.asb.edu.in/ Cheers.

Hi pals,

Does any1 has any insight to Asian School of Business. Its website is worth a look, considering the fact that the school has an impressive board of Governors.

Check out this link http://www.asb.edu.in/

Cheers.

for a school in its first year, its done quite well. i'm at asb and its been a nice experience.
we have a great list of faculty, from india and abroad. most of them are from iims and centre for development studies. we get regular visiting faculty from industry also. industry experts also come in regularly, you can get more on this from the website. our placements are done, will give the details once i get the official clearance.
if you need any specific info, let me know.

for a school in its first year, its done quite well. i'm at asb and its been a nice experience.
we have a great list of faculty, from india and abroad. most of them are from iims and centre for development studies. we get regular visiting faculty from industry also. industry experts also come in regularly, you can get more on this from the website. our placements are done, will give the details once i get the official clearance.

Hi firefly,

Thanks for replying. It would be gr8 if we can chat sometime over yahoo msngr. I hv sent u a personal message which has my yahoo id. I am generally online during the daytime.

Cheers.

just as an update...

asb currenty offers a two year pgdbm programme. in addition to this they'll be starting a programme for working execs also. we are operating out of a temporary campus at technopark. in terms of facilities we have some pretty nice infrastruture. wi-fi net connectivity, a well-stocked library with access to many online resources also. (but then with google, an mba's life becomes so much easier...long live google!!)
we are a small batch of 30. students from diverse backgrounds - engineers, commerce grads, someone from an arts background and even a dental surgeon.
life is as hectic as you can make it. academics form the core of the activities, though we have been trying out various things to take the monotony out of life.

i'll post an update on the summers as soon as i can. we're almost through the process.

if anyone has any specific queries.. plz put them up here.

+

Hi Firefly,

Any updates regd the placements ?

PPL who are looking at ASB... I got through ASB, but not joining it .... of the ppl met there they were very bullish on the placement scene. Infact one of them confirmed me 5 days ago that COMPLETE batch is placed for summer internship...

Azeem

PPL who are looking at ASB... I got through ASB, but not joining it .... of the ppl met there they were very bullish on the placement scene. Infact one of them confirmed me 5 days ago that COMPLETE batch is placed for summer internship...

Azeem

Hi Azeem,

Any reasons for opting out of ASB ? You have better options ?

Let us know how was your overall experience with ASB.

Cheers.
Hi Azeem,

Any reasons for opting out of ASB ? You have better options ?

Let us know how was your overall experience with ASB.

Cheers.

Well my reasons for not opting were three :-
a) the Student Mix (everybody had lesser experince then I did + a staggering no. of students were only from Kerela)

b) the School is not AICTE Approved, ppl say that ISB & Great lakes are also not AICTE approved... but can you compare ASB also in the league... I dont think so....

C) I want to get into I banking- which I told in interview as well & I did not get satifactory answer from Adcom , in this regard. Moreover I banks only come to places like IIM ABCL & ISB... SO I am giving a short at CAT again this yr

However they have a good physical infrastructre in place & faculty is also quite qualified... I do think the college is a good one for a fersher who is deterimined to get into some college this year... It should be better than most of the lower rung of Inst simply b'cos its in the Hub of Kerela's silicon valley "Technocampus"... but then again this is my observation...

So its your call

Azeem
a) the Student Mix (everybody had lesser experince then I did + a staggering no. of students were only from Kerela)

b) the School is not AICTE Approved, ppl say that ISB & Great lakes are also not AICTE approved... but can you compare ASB also in the league... I dont think so....

C) I want to get into I banking- which I told in interview as well & I did not get satifactory answer from Adcom , in this regard. Moreover I banks only come to places like IIM ABCL & ISB... SO I am giving a short at CAT again this yr

However they have a good physical infrastructre in place & faculty is also quite qualified... I do think the college is a good one for a fersher who is deterimined to get into some college this year... It should be better than most of the lower rung of Inst simply b'cos its in the Hub of Kerela's silicon valley "Technocampus"... but then again this is my observation...

So its your call

Azeem

Thanks for the reply Azeem.

So its your call

Azeem

hi azeem,

i'd like to respond to some of your points:

(1) student profile: the majority of the students are from kerala due to the reason that last year the ad came out pretty late, in may in fact. so by that time most people had already taken up admissions or jobs.
(2)AICTE approval: as you have mentioned yourself, many b-schools including GLIM and ISB do not have AICTE certification. It has not been a problem there and it is not an issue at ASB.
(3) Placements: I-banks have not yet started looking at other b-schools, so it will be a while before they come to ASB.
The entire has been placed for summer internships in some of the best known companies in India and abroad.
hi azeem,

i'd like to respond to some of your points:

(1) student profile: the majority of the students are from kerala due to the reason that last year the ad came out pretty late, in may in fact. so by that time most people had already taken up admissions or jobs.
(2)AICTE approval: as you have mentioned yourself, many b-schools including GLIM and ISB do not have AICTE certification. It has not been a problem there and it is not an issue at ASB.
(3) Placements: I-banks have not yet started looking at other b-schools, so it will be a while before they come to ASB.
The entire has been placed for summer internships in some of the best known companies in India and abroad.

hey dude....

like im in trivandrum now for my summers been here for about 1 1/2 months now... where is asb in techno park?? which buildin do you operate out off?

cheers
arun
hey dude....

like im in trivandrum now for my summers been here for about 1 1/2 months now... where is asb in techno park?? which buildin do you operate out off?

cheers
arun

its the first building on the left from the main entrance..the one from the highway..its called "Padmanabha"..which company are u doing your summers with?
firefly Says
its the first building on the left from the main entrance..the one from the highway..its called "Padmanabha"..which company are u doing your summers with?

IBS. . . . .. .

I banks? // as in investment or international??

I banks? // as in investment or international??

i-banks is "investment" banks..the goldman sachs n all..

ok.... where you doin your summers?... n howz the placements n all?.. you guys in the 2nd batch??

aajohn Says
ok.... where you doin your summers?... n howz the placements n all?.. you guys in the 2nd batch??

first batch actually.

placements have been quite good. we've just started on our summers...i'm going to hpcl.

Hi all,

A word to all those who are skeptical abt Asian school of Business..

It is a good college with great faculty. My friend there is completely happy and satisfied with the scool. firefly, you might be knowing her...one Deeptha Sundaram. convey my regards to her. The first batch is expected to do good. Thumbs up to all there

regards
KK

PS: I got into ASB this year. Its actually not the ASB in the context here. Its Amrita School of Business, Coimbatore. Guess we will have to learn differentiating the two schools.