MBA and marriage

Hi Guys, With b-schools coming out with more professional courses, the executives are heading for b-schools. There was a thread last year on this topic which is now closed because of no activity. The link to it is: http://www.pagalguy

Hi Guys,

With b-schools coming out with more professional courses, the executives are heading for b-schools.

There was a thread last year on this topic which is now closed because of no activity. The link to it is:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-after-marriage-or-before-marriage-25021376

Do post your inputs and queries for the current scienario of marriage and mba studies.

Just to let you know guys, IIMA has PGPX programme (1 year) for executives and the website says there are accomodation facilities for families. Here is the link to corresponding page:
One-year MBA at IIMA (read faq 31)

cheers

bhandari4u,

My answers are specific to the PGPX program from IIMA. For other programs the financial, geographical, cultural and other implications/reasons may be different.

As you note that the MSH (married students hostel) is available at IIM-A for the PGPX program. I hear from the former and current students that having the family around during the program is more of a stressbuster. The students spend less time with the family but the spouses and the kids group is very active among themselves and typically have a great time.

Each candidate has his own reasons to bring family along or not. I am a deferee from the PGPX III batch and plan to take my family along when I join the PGPX IV batch. The campus itself is very safe. The MSH is furnished and supposedly quite convenient. The food in the mess is decent as well. There are good schools for the kids in the proximity and also decent medical facilities. Typically, the native people in Ahd are quite welcoming and friendly.

An excellent blog written by an ex-PGPX student - Discovery of Time. This blog will give you a little peek into the author's life at IIMA.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

With b-schools coming out with more professional courses, the executives are heading for b-schools.

There was a thread last year on this topic which is now closed because of no activity. The link to it is:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mba-after-marriage-or-before-marriage-25021376

Do post your inputs and queries for the current scienario of marriage and mba studies.

Just to let you know guys, IIMA has PGPX programme (1 year) for executives and the website says there are accomodation facilities for families. Here is the link to corresponding page:
One-year MBA at IIMA (read faq 31)

cheers

I have herd that in MBA collages (good ones) you you have to work hard, some times on weekends & even on late night.Is there are plenty of people who are married ? Is it manageable to do MBA after marriage specially 1 year MBA ? Need more inputs.

sourabh8 Says
I have herd that in MBA collages (good ones) you you have to work hard, some times on weekends & even on late night.Is there are plenty of people who are married ? Is it manageable to do MBA after marriage specially 1 year MBA ? Need more inputs.

Hi Sourabh,

you are reviving an year old dead thread..is it manageable or not is question which i think will depend from person to person..we can not have a generalized answer to that.

Regards,
Ankur

Whats it like being married to a super busy MBA student? Asif and Eve Laird tell us what happened when they moved from London to Sydney so Asif could join the AGSM full-time MBA

Business School News - Married To An MBA - ***************