MBA @ Abroad (Specialization Choices & Career Path) - IT Professional

I am looking forward to do my MBA abroad. I have 8 years of IT experience and working as a Project Lead, here are my queries: 1. I am yet to take my GMAT, what would be a decent score to get into top B-Schools (say top 20-USA B-Schools) ? 2…

I am looking forward to do my MBA abroad. I have 8 years of IT experience and working as a Project Lead, here are my queries:

1. I am yet to take my GMAT, what would be a decent score to get into top B-Schools (say top 20-USA B-Schools) ?
2. Is a Career Progression Or Career-Switch would be more applicable for my profile ?
3. List of MBA Specializations relevant to my work experience that suit my profile ?
4. What B-Schools can i aim for the listed specializations in USA or elsewhere ? (Given that my 10th, +2 & UG GPA stands @ 8.0, 8.2, 8.3 respectively & have 1.5 years of working experience Abroad)
5. Any Financial aid / scholarships that i might be eligible for during my MBA tenure, if so what is the criteria in general and procedure to apply for the same ?
6. I would like to know the career path with respect to the roles, average industry pay and future prospects post-MBA for the listed specializations matching my profile ?

Please give me more insight on the above queries & help me out.

Hi,

In answer to your query..
1. Statistically the average score of top US B-schools is in the range of 710-730. And their selectivity is around 20% (i.e they admit only 20% applications) A decent score should be a 700.
2. Neither...an MBA is a degree to do business - either start something on your own or gain knowledge regarding an arena which you are interested/ passionate about (means that you will further someone else's business)
3. Everything depends on your Long-term goals- if they are in place...then you would know which subject concentrations you want.
4. Answer depends on 3
5. Most B-Schools do provide financial aid- grants, scholarships, student loans , and work study programs. Some external scholarships that you can research on are the JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indian
6. Post your long-term goals and lets see what career path suits you.

Hope this helps!

1.Can anyone name B-schools good for consultancy abroad..say among the top 40..

2. Also please list top schools with 1 year MBA

can somebody help me on what basis a Bschool should be shortlisted???

also can somebody give me insights about MBA in singapore???

I am an aspirant of MBA from foreign University. I have very decent academics with 55% in my Graduation and no work experience. Are there any good university in foreign that accept freshers for an MBA program? My preferred countries are Germany, UK, Singapore. Please help :)))