MBA Abroad Help

hi everyone. I’m new to pagalguy…I did my B.E Comp.Sci from anna university chennai. I’m planning to do MBA. But i’m confused whether to do it in India or abroad. My wish is to work abroad and earn well…currently i’m working in a IT based compan…

hi everyone. I'm new to pagalguy..I did my B.E Comp.Sci from anna university chennai. I'm planning to do MBA. But i'm confused whether to do it in India or abroad. My wish is to work abroad and earn well..currently i'm working in a IT based company. I want to change my career. I don want to program all my life..your help is greatly needed. I wish to join the course in 2014.
There are'Ask-aConsultant' and 'Phoren B-school Assistance Desk' threads where you can post your queries rather than starting a new thread. Linked both threads for you
Doing an MBA is expensive, more when you go outside India. So this is something that you would really need to think about.
If you want to get some international exposure, then getting a foreign degree would fit well with your plans.
Majority of people would go for an MBA because they want to change their career paths, so you have company there. However, you would need clarity over what that career change is going to be, and this requires some introspection/ talking to people around you. So get going with your own research and feel free to come back with more questions.
Namita, MBA Decoder
@mba-help can I get a list of the colleges in US/Europe with the average GMAT scores of students admitted in the past. Thnx !
@CatNamoNamah said:
@mba-help can I get a list of the colleges in US/Europe with the average GMAT scores of students admitted in the past. Thnx !
Look at the rankings published by leading newspapers like Financial Times/ Businessweek/ US News.
As an Indian its beneficial to score 710+in GMAT because of the sheer competition Indians face from each other.

Namita, MBA Decoder
@mba-help Thnx
@mba-help Also can you throw some light on DAAD scholarship? I mean what are the cut-offs ? Is it moderately competitive or is highly competitive so that only few students get it ?

I am an aspirant of MBA from foreign University. I have very decent academics with 55% in my Graduation and no work experience. Are there any good university in foreign that accept freshers for an MBA program? My preferred countries are Germany, UK, Singapore. Please help :)))

@AngelKhyati

I am an aspirant of MBA from foreign University. I have very decent academics with 55% in my Graduation and no work experience. Are there any good university in foreign that accept freshers for an MBA program? My preferred countries are Germany, UK, Singapore. Please help :)))

There are some Masters in Management courses out there, for people with 0-2 years of work experience. Have a look at the link, these are popular rankings by Financial Times :

Europe at the peak - FT.com

Also, check out the interactive ranking table.

Namita, MBA Decoder

Hi,

I am looking for the best possible MBA abroad with my profile. I would be really thankful to all who can help.

I am not a topper of my class but had been an all-rounder through out my career.

I scored:

X-74.2% GPA-3.5

XII-78.6% GPA-3.5

BE-72.09% GPA-3.5

I am currently working under a construction company as an associate manager, also given d responsibility by the MD, to analyze and enhance his political ventures. Here, I and my team members analyse different perspective of d political system and how it affects d result. He has also given me the responsibility to prepare business pitches and develop the business by guiding the team members of MD's Medicos company. I have been working here since May 2012. I have cleared the level I exam for french from French Alliance.

I had been selected in Indian Air Force for all its 3 branches (viz. Flying, Administrative and Technical) , but could not join due to Congenital medical problem of spine. Later on I was also selected for the Indian Army and even had the Joining instructions but did not join because a Major who already was serving and also a pass-out of OTA Chennai suggested not to join as it is one of the toughest military academies in Asia. He said my problem of Spine can aggravate and nobody listens to you, once u got there. However, I always wanted to join the armed forces especially the IAF (Flying).

I have been an active sports personnel in my school and college life. Won the Inter-district Quiz Competition organised by the Institute of Engineers. I was the Vice-Captain of my College Cricket team represented the college at State level Cricket Tournament and won the District Level Tournament. Won Badminton and Volleyball tournament for my department in inter-Departmental Sports meet. In school, played various sports Football, Volleyball, Cricket, Kho-Kho and Kabbaddi and won different Competitions respectively. Also won a prize in Science exhibition at district level.

Now I wish to join the best possible B school for my PG. I am mainly aiming at LBS, OXFORD, Cambridge, Imperial College London,etc. in UK. I know that It is nearly impossible for me to get into Harvard and Stanford, but i am looking at other top B schools in US. Although if I can get an admission to any B School which features in top 30 in the world and which is outside US and UK I will also consider that option. And therefore require help from u ppl. Kindly suggest and help.

I am expecting a score of 720 in GMAT will give it Feb 14

Thanx in advance

Im planning to do my MBA from SP Jain Global €ŚDoes visa charges are included on the fees or do I have to givre extra?

Hello, I have done Btech from Amity University,an experience of 1.5 years as an IT Consultant in ITC infotech, and now joined my family business which is not so well established but is growing with steady pace. I want to do Post Grad(MBA), but I am in a dilemma of whether to join distance learning or complete my post grad from abroad university which is offering 1 year MBA, so that I can join my business asap again.

10th-78.6%

12th-78%

Btech(IT)-63.6%

CAT score-64%

Experience-1.5 year as an Associate IT Consultant in ITC Infotech

Currently- Working as a Director in my family's Real estate firm

Reason for MBA- I am from Technical Background(IT), I want to know the basics of Business administration and marketing which would help me boost up my career and also knowledge. The main

purpose is to gain knowledge regarding marketing and business administration.