MBA 2009 admit help needed

hi puys, this is my 3rd post to this forum and I still see a ray of hope for some guidance and light from fellow puys. I’m looking for a 12-18 months MBA program and lookin forward to have an admit for a class in 2009(preferably jan '09). Ho…

hi puys,

this is my 3rd post to this forum and I still see a ray of hope for some guidance and light from fellow puys. I'm looking for a 12-18 months MBA program and lookin forward to have an admit for a class in 2009(preferably jan '09). However, I'm looking for an Asian program, and if not, then, Canadian, and then, maybe others if nothing clicks. I will have 3+ yrs software experience by October '08. Could someone here please help me get started? I'm giving my GMAT end-July.

Considering my scenario, I would like some help about universities I can start aiming for and also a gmat score I should aspire to have as my academics are 10th-88%(CBSE), 12th-80%(CBSE) and Engineering-68%(ECE). SO, that's a descending curve there and I'm worried if that'll affect my outlook.Advise please

thanks
das

The very first and most basic advice would be to stop worrying about school and college marks. There is much more to the b-school application than that. Anyways, you cannot go back and change your acads, so start working on the components that you can improve, e.g. your extra-curriculars, and the quality of your work-ex.
Secondly, aim for 800 at GMAT. You will have a pretty decent score even if you fall short by 100 :).
For the target schools, I will leave it to fellow puys who have applied to Asian and Canadian b-schools.

I am not familiar with asian schools, but you can look at insead in singapore and ISB in hyd (it stats in fall only but has a 1 yr program).

insead has a jan and august start... so you can try for jan 09 and aug 09... cuz i think the R1 for jan 09 is already over....

as far as canada goes... u can look at schulich school of business and ivey....

hope this helps

Thanks so much guys. This should surely boost my morale and give me a sense of direction. That's insane that INSEAD jan '09 intakes are already met with. I hope I just am not catching the late train. Will catch up with all shortly. Once again, thanks