Mays(Texas A&M; University Fall '11 Applicants)

:: This thread is for all Fall '11 aspirants for the Mays MBA,Texas A&M; university. To kick start the discussion,here’s my profile,in brief. GMAT -700,6 ; TOEFL - 116 WE- 3 years in TATA MOTORS Academics- Jadavpur University (8…

This thread is for all Fall '11 aspirants for the Mays MBA,Texas A&M; university.
To kick start the discussion,here's my profile,in brief.

GMAT -700,6 ; TOEFL - 116
WE- 3 years in TATA MOTORS
Academics- Jadavpur University (8.11)
Extracurriculars :OK

Please start pouring in your profiles,views,opinions about the school ,scholarships etc.In short,we gotta share with each other any relevant information !We can be of great help to each other during the application round as well as during and after the interview rounds.

I have already applied in R1 and I am waiting for replies from the college.

hello shiladitya,

I have applied to TAMU R1 deadline for Fall 2011. my profile:

1) BE ETRX from university of Mumbai
2) 4+ years work ex in ERP, education consulting and sales
3) GMAT 690/6 and TOEFL 111 which is waived off
4) Community work and ECs

What is your take about this week's average GMAT and the overall applicant profile?

Regards,
Manish

I m also considering this school. Have got a TOEFL waiver from Mays already.

Best of luck!

hey Kushagra,,
Can you let us know your profile? Besides what career concentrations are u looking for? Have you applied already?

hello shiladitya,

I have applied to TAMU R1 deadline for Fall 2011. my profile:

1) BE ETRX from university of Mumbai
2) 4+ years work ex in ERP, education consulting and sales
3) GMAT 690/6 and TOEFL 111 which is waived off
4) Community work and ECs

What is your take about this week's average GMAT and the overall applicant profile?

Regards,
Manish

Hey Manish! Nice to know you are on. Did you have your interview? I was interviewed by Gabe Crosby on 3rd December. Will get to know the results either by the 3rd week of December or in jan....

count me in.. had my interview on 10 december by gabe crosby..was told that the results would be out either by 17th of december or only by mid january.

profile:
700(49/35/5)
5yrs in IT by the time I join
110(TOEFL)
3.02/4(GPA)

Waiting with fingers crossed.

hey Kushagra,,
Can you let us know your profile? Besides what career concentrations are u looking for? Have you applied already?

1550(GRE)/740/3.5 yrs (SAP+Energy consulting)/Econ graduate from LSE/Distinction (undergrad)

Have not applied yet.

Best of luck!

Hi All,

I too have applied in R1 in MAYS school. But i have not yet received any communication from the school regarding the interview. Does anybody know whether all invites for R1 applications have sent or not. Is there anybody who has applied in R1 and have not yet received any communication.

Cheers !

I have applied for R1 but have not received any communication from their side. But I have yet to have my recommendations set. @ IN4MBA have u sent ur recos? If yes how did u do it?

Regards,
MAnish

I m also considering this school. Have got a TOEFL waiver from Mays already.

Best of luck!

hi kushagra452,

I am planning to apply for this school too. could you please let me know how to get the TOEFL waiver from Mays.
hi kushagra452,

I am planning to apply for this school too. could you please let me know how to get the TOEFL waiver from Mays.

I wrote an email to Mays MBA stating that I have had undergraduate education in English.

The waiver takes about 2 weeks. You will receive an email from Mays confirming the TOEFL waiver.
I wrote an email to Mays MBA stating that I have had undergraduate education in English.

The waiver takes about 2 weeks. You will receive an email from Mays confirming the TOEFL waiver.

Thanks for the info. will write to them asking for a waiver.
ShiladityaJU_TM Says
Hey Manish! Nice to know you are on. Did you have your interview? I was interviewed by Gabe Crosby on 3rd December. Will get to know the results either by the 3rd week of December or in jan....

Gabe interviewed me as well on 16th December. Did you get the results?
count me in.. had my interview on 10 december by gabe crosby..was told that the results would be out either by 17th of december or only by mid january.

profile:
700(49/35/5)
5yrs in IT by the time I join
110(TOEFL)
3.02/4(GPA)

Waiting with fingers crossed.

Did you hear from them ?

I too am interested in applying to Mays. Hoping to make it to round 2.

My profile
Indian, IT, Male
GMAT - 660(Q48,V34)
TOEFL - 107
WE - 6.5 years . 1.5 years International.

I got an email now. I have been rejected by Texas A & M. I had a 710 on the GMAT and We is 3 Yrs.

I have applied for R1 but have not received any communication from their side. But I have yet to have my recommendations set. @ IN4MBA have u sent ur recos? If yes how did u do it?

Regards,
MAnish

sorry for late reply. my recomenders have submitted recos online. i dont see any problem with that.

is there any ?

Got admit with big scholorship + resident status...
680/m/Agriculture Punjab:drinking:

me too got an admit with scholarship and resident status.. waiting for results from others.