Masters program Hult 2011

Hi all, I think with the increasing number of people applying for Hult masters Programs (MDM,MIB and MFIN) we need a dedicated thread for the same . Cheers Protyusha :cheers:

Hi all,
I think with the increasing number of people applying for Hult masters Programs (MDM,MIB and MFIN) we need a dedicated thread for the same .
Cheers
Protyusha
:cheers:

This is a great initiative Protyusha.

@ Protyusha/ Frogurt...

We three seem to be the only PUYs to have applied as of now.
Can you please share your profile?

@ frogurt, you said only 12 students from India. Is this a cut off quota?
any idea about the refund policies in case I make it big in one of the Indian exams?

My profile:
21/ Male/ Mumbai.
Bachelors in Management studies (Marketing): Mumbai University 2009.
MA in Advertising and Public relations (Pursuing): Madurai kamraj university 2011.

Working as a BDM in a Bulk recruitment firm.
Have worked in the social media advertising domain previously.

I have researched only about UK/ EU universities till now.
How do the job prospects at HULT compare to say Warwick/ Bath??
Im applying for MDM at hult and MSc Marketing everywhere else.

@ Protyusha/ Frogurt...

We three seem to be the only PUYs to have applied as of now.
Can you please share your profile?

@ frogurt, you said only 12 students from India. Is this a cut off quota?
any idea about the refund policies in case I make it big in one of the Indian exams?

My profile:
21/ Male/ Mumbai.
Bachelors in Management studies (Marketing): Mumbai University 2009.
MA in Advertising and Public relations (Pursuing): Madurai kamraj university 2011.

Working as a BDM in a Bulk recruitment firm.
Have worked in the social media advertising domain previously.

I have researched only about UK/ EU universities till now.
How do the job prospects at HULT compare to say Warwick/ Bath??
Im applying for MDM at hult and MSc Marketing everywhere else.

Hi akshay,
the class cannot have more then some percentage of people from the same nation thats y this 12 people thing....
I was told this is the first batch of MDM of boston campus so placement
statistics are not available ....:|
I have done my btech in 2007 by the time i join the program I will have more then 3 years of work ex as a SAP ABAP consultant.....
Hi akshay,
the class cannot have more then some percentage of people from the same nation thats y this 12 people thing....
I was told this is the first batch of MDM of boston campus so placement
statistics are not available ....:|
I have done my btech in 2007 by the time i join the program I will have more then 3 years of work ex as a SAP ABAP consultant.....

Is this 12 Indians per campus, or is it 12 indians across all 4 MDM campuses??
I somehow have more faith in US than UK right now...
Rankings be damned!!

Would my 3 year bachelors degree pose a problem?
Dont know if my Distance learning masters would compensate the gap.
Rankings be damned!!

12 indians per batch and 12 people in 1 campus in 1 program..no that won't be a problem becoz hult accepts 3 years of grads...

I am currently in Masters Digital Marketing program at Hult. Is Hult right for you? check the points below-

1. The education experience is amazing. I stress on the word 'education', if you are looking to have fun and play pranks in hostel like Indian residential colleges, Hult is not for you.

2. If you have work experience and have attended corporate training, Hult is for you. I cannot imagine studying in the Indian environment where teachers are mediocre in substance and style, and assume they are doing a favor by being present.

3. If an MBA / masters is for your own personal and professional growth, Hult is for you. If your choice to pursue an MBA is only because it is the norm / placements, Hult is not for you.

4. Cultural diversity is fantastic. If you value international diversity and experience cultures, Hult is for you. If you plan to have the same Indian mentality and want to be in herds of Indians, Hult is not for you.

5. The MDM program is in my opinion one of the best programs anywhere in the world. But, it would be difficult for freshers or for those without marketing experience.

6. If you value Education, Hult is for you. If you value only placements, Hult is not for you.

Rankings be damned!!

its per campus, UK would be a better choice for MDM.

Hi Suraj,

Can you tell me what is the ratio of male/female in the class. Also interms of faculty, can you please name some of the faculty who are teaching you.

Thanks

Hello All,
I am a recent graduate from Hult Boston campus, 2010 MBA program. I agree to the points that Atreya Suraj has put forth. If anyone has questions particular to MBA learning, experience and future prospects, feel free to mail or message me. My ID is pantuvarali (GTalk / Gmail, Skype and hotmail.com).
All the best!
Varchas R S

Hi akshay.. please add me to the list of people who applied for HULT 2011. My name is krishna , working as a Chief technical Engineer, Tangerine limited , Kenya. i m basically from hyderabad, and working in kenya from last 3 years.

tpksarath Says
Hi akshay.. please add me to the list of people who applied for HULT 2011. My name is krishna , working as a Chief technical Engineer, Tangerine limited , Kenya. i m basically from hyderabad, and working in kenya from last 3 years.

hi sarath,
which course you have applied for?
i have got admitted o hult MDM program 2011 boston....

Hi Varchas R S,

I saw your recent post as you passed out from Hult Boston campus. I have sent you an email ,can you please reply.

Thanks,
Sai.

varcha,

i got admit to HULT MBA London campus for 2011 intake. i have few queries i have sent it to your email id.looking forward to your reply at the earliest as i have 4 days to pay the confirmation deposit.

i m going for MBA

Hi,

I have confirmed my seat for the boston campus. I think number of schools which I have spoken with, Hult has had the quickest response. The amount of support which they have offered me regarding visa's, medical insurance, immunization form etc is just amazing. They have also hired a person from the US consulate with around 15 years of w.e to get us through the interview stage of US embassy.

What about you guys? How are things shaping up for you.

Please keep this forum updated.

hello all,
I am rahul....n i got admit from hult for MDM 2011 boston campus....
How much worth it is to go for HULT....?
is this 1 year program recognized in US?
As this is the first batch all the experimentation will be done on this batch...
so im still confused....
suraj plz help....

Hi Rahul,

I can answer the your question of its recognition in US. Yes, it is recognized in US. With regards to the experimentation, I guess Suraj will be the right person to answer. In my own opinion, student from 2010 batch of MDM program in London were the first batch, so the experimentation part would have been done on them.

Besides, what other options do we have in terms of digital marketing program. I dont think there is any other university who is offering this type of curriculum.

What do you think

Hi guys...

I have been researching on various forums for almost 2 weeks now, and have reached the following conclusions:

1. HULT is no Harvard. Have realistic expectations.
2. Its gonna be tough. 36 credits in one year is NOT a cake walk.
3. You CANT work during the programme outside the campus. So have your funds ready.
4. There's gonna be no spoon feeding like Indian B schools. In terms of ANYTHING. Placements included.

But this said, I still am going. As I have seen the structure of the programme, and kinda have faith in it. Have looked at the Job scene, looking luke-warm for Digital marketing. Not as awful as UK is right now.

DM is apparently paying well as well. In the next 1 year all the projected economic trends are bullish. So not worried. Well hoping for the best.

Any other HULT MDM guys from any campus feel free to add me on Facebook. Same user id.

See you there!!
:drinking: